View Full Version : Worse Episode?

Tracy
01-31-2005, 12:17 AM
"The Crystal Skull". UGH!
"who wrote this? who wrote this???"

:P

KINGFISH
04-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I would say the entire last season when they turned Dirk into the Hunkman. Murdock became sane. Wonder who wrote this? Sounds like a reimagining in mainstream.

Limited Edition
11-28-2005, 09:13 AM
I read somewhere that almost each season got written by different people.
I wonder why they choose for this set up, I didn't enjoy those episodes as much as the ones before.

MrsSpooky
02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I need to watch seasons 3 4 and 5 again, but I was extremely ticked off at a couple of episodes where Amy tagged along. It's like she was there just to be the 'girl on the team'. Made no sense for her to be there at all!

"A Nice Place to Visit" - she's nagging the guys to stay out of trouble. I wanted to smack her.

"Diamonds 'n' Dust" - WHY was she there? The guys are doing their thing and there's this chick running around with them.

This was a show about 4 guys from Vietnam, unjustly accusted and convicted of a crime trying to get along as best they can. Ticks me off big time when some gurl thinks that just because she's a writer that she can become one of them. I could never understand why Amy was included in some of their escapades beyond being their backup.

julie w
02-03-2006, 07:56 AM
"Ticks me off big time when some gurl thinks that just because she's a writer that she can become one of them."

I always took it as she would write the truth about them so everyone could see who they *really* were.

I always felt the complete opposite about her. *I* was actually ticked off when they got rid of her (then they put that stupid "Tonia" in there....now HER - I *never* got!). I don't think they *needed* Amy but I always thought she was a nice addition. But to each his own.:-)

Julie

MrsSpooky
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I'd thought of that, and you're probably right. She still annoyed me though. :)

I just didn't care for her being there in most cases, but I understand when people liked her there.

I liked her at the start, before she started getting on my nerves. Personally, I think I like how Tawnia is being used. Sometimes she's there when it makes sense, and sometimes she's not. And it makes sense. It used to be like that with Amy, but then I thought it got ridiculous. Congrats to Amy for her foreign correspondent job!

Of course, there IS the possibility that her being there on the missions took screen time away from the guys, who were the REAL reason I watched it to begin with. heehee

I do have to say though, Dirk Benedict is the reason why I started watching The A Team, and I'm glad i did! I wound up falling in love with all four of the guys. *sigh*

julie w
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
"I wound up falling in love with all four of the guys. *sigh*"

Be still your beating heart.:-)

Julie

sara
04-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd thought of that, and you're probably right. She still annoyed me though. :)

I just didn't care for her being there in most cases, but I understand when people liked her there.

I liked her at the start, before she started getting on my nerves. Personally, I think I like how Tawnia is being used. Sometimes she's there when it makes sense, and sometimes she's not. And it makes sense. It used to be like that with Amy, but then I thought it got ridiculous. Congrats to Amy for her foreign correspondent job!

Of course, there IS the possibility that her being there on the missions took screen time away from the guys, who were the REAL reason I watched it to begin with. heehee

I do have to say though, Dirk Benedict is the reason why I started watching The A Team, and I'm glad i did! I wound up falling in love with all four of the guys. *sigh*

I've just come through this conversation and I must say that I totally agree with you.
Amy's sweet and nice, but most of the times I find her quite out of place.. She shouldn't be supposed to consider herself a member of the A-Team!! :?

By the way.. this topic was about the worst episode... Well, I haven't got anyone at the moment.. but I found "The doctor is out" quite disappointing: even if the plot is very interesting and they are always great, I didn't like the first part of the episode. I mean, when Murdock asked Face and the others to help him in order to rescue his doctor... and nobodyreally believed him... :( I found it wrong. Murdock is a bit "eccentric", we know it, but his credibility can't be questioned by his friends!!! Sorry, I have a weakness for Murdock and maybe I'm too protective :lol:

bibbi
05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone! :D
I agree with Tracy. I just the "The Crystal Skull". I like the show, but this episode really sucked. Pardon my analogy, but it was awful!

Take care,
Anne :)

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 04:25 AM
I would say the entire last season when they turned Dirk into the Hunkman. Murdock became sane. Wonder who wrote this? Sounds like a reimagining in mainstream.

I totally agree, I hate season five!!! Isn't it supposed to be Murdock dreaming or something?? :roll:

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 04:31 AM
I need to watch seasons 3 4 and 5 again, but I was extremely ticked off at a couple of episodes where Amy tagged along. It's like she was there just to be the 'girl on the team'. Made no sense for her to be there at all!

"A Nice Place to Visit" - she's nagging the guys to stay out of trouble. I wanted to smack her.

"Diamonds 'n' Dust" - WHY was she there? The guys are doing their thing and there's this chick running around with them.

I totally agree. I hate in Diamonds and Dust when Hannibal goes running and Amy in a tough accent shouts 'Hannibal what are you doing?' Mind your own business girl and get back to the paper!!! I could never stand Amy, I hated when she tried to be one of the 'guys'. Face put her in her place a couple of times in the Rabbit who Ate Las Vegas (do I have the TItle right??!!) when she claimed she was on the jazz and Face was like :roll: 'yeah right'!!!! I love when he chucks her on the bed and makes a comment about her being heavy!! :lol:

I have to say, and I know I'm going to be so unpopular when I confess to this, but I really liked Tawnia!! She never tried to act tough, was a real girl's girl and although she tried to fit in, she never was one of the team. I thought her character brought out a nice side to the team...

ostarella
05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
re: tawnia - I've been re-watching the eps recently where she was in them, and actually, I think I agree with you, Mrs. P :lol: The looks the guys give each other while she's prattling on about this or that, and she's soooo over-eager - it adds a realistic comic touch. And yeah, even though their patience was sorely tried at times (ala the road trip in Pure-Dee Poison), they were nice about it.

And there's no nonsense about her being part of the team (I never accepted Amy as a team member - I thought that was the dumbest thing!). So yeah, she added a little spice without dumping the whole salt cellar in. :lol:

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 07:54 AM
(ala the road trip in Pure-Dee Poison), they were nice about it.

Pure Dee Poison, that was it!!! Thank you!! Yeah, I liked it in the van when she couldn't believe the guys called her for help....I loved her in Say It With Bullets too...when the guys (well our lovely Faceman!) gets all protective over her!! If there was a swooning emoticon, I'd be using it right now! :D

ostarella
05-16-2007, 08:15 AM
That really was an interesting scene - not only because Face got so protective, but the *reason* for it - Murdock! On rare occasions Face would voice a slight concern about Murdock's fantasies being a problem, but this time he came out loud and clear about it. And Murdock's reaction in turn - quite an interesting little interaction there.

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
That really was an interesting scene - not only because Face got so protective, but the *reason* for it - Murdock! On rare occasions Face would voice a slight concern about Murdock's fantasies being a problem, but this time he came out loud and clear about it. And Murdock's reaction in turn - quite an interesting little interaction there.Yes! Definitely interesting. The first time I saw it I remember being suprised to see Face being so harsh on Murdock, he's usually the one encouraging him. Particularly when Murdock's alter ego wasn't even the most outrageous one he's taken on! Though even Hannibal thought the 'channel changer' was a step too far!!

I did like it when Tawnia was found out and Murdock came running from the van! And when the neighbour walks by and Murdock sends her off to register to vote! :lol:

ostarella
05-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I gotta admit - I like Murdock The Hero there :wink: That poor neighbor lady, though - I'd have headed for the nearest bar, forget anything else :lol:

bibbi
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I really think there should have only four main characters, Face, Murdock, B.A. Hannibal.
Amy wasn't too bad. I did not care for Tawnia. And don't get me started about Frankie.
I think the first two seasons were the best.
Some of the worst episodes were in season 5. Frankie did NOT belong. They changed the theme music for the fifth season and Stockwell also wasn't a good addition, including Carla.
What were the writers thinking? :roll:
I wish that they had done a sixfh season, gotten rid of Frankie and Stockwell, Carla and brought back Decker and put the show back to what is what like the very first seasons. Tongue-in-cheek, not to be taken seriously and funny as hell. :D

Take care,

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I really think there should have only four main characters, Face, Murdock, B.A. Hannibal.
Amy wasn't too bad. I did not care for Tawnia. And don't get me started about Frankie.
I think the first two seasons were the best.
Some of the worst episodes were in season 5. Frankie did NOT belong. They changed the theme music for the fifth season and Stockwell also wasn't a good addition, including Carla.
What were the writers thinking? :roll:
I wish that they had done a sixfh season, gotten rid of Frankie and Stockwell, Carla and brought back Decker and put the show back to what is what like the very first seasons. Tongue-in-cheek, not to be taken seriously and funny as hell. :D

Take care,

You have just summed it up for me too (except the Tawnia bit :wink: ) I agree with you 100%. Frankie was the most annoying character, I could even tolerate stockwell over him. And the music change, what was that for???!! I have to say I'm not too good on the fifth season at all. I think I've watched it once....I certainly couldn't watch the execution more than once! (or was that the end of season 4?)

ostarella
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
The execution was 5th season - those are the three eps (along with Crystal Skull) that I can't watch often - if at all. I can't take the suspense :shock: :roll: How dumb...

I didn't mind Stockwell, but I wish the guys had been "on their own" while still working for the pardons via the general. That would have made it much more interesting, and fit in more with their characters. Maybe that's why the dynamic seems off - because the characters were in a setting that didn't work for them. They wouldn't be "themselves" living in a gilded cage like that. How paradoxical - people didn't like the way the guys interacted, which was bad, but it fit perfectly with the situation the writers put them in, which was good.

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
The execution was 5th season - those are the three eps (along with Crystal Skull) that I can't watch often - if at all. I can't take the suspense :shock: :roll: How dumb... when Murdock and Frankie are pulling away in the boat and they hear the gunshots....my stomach turns....and when it goes back to the guys and they're lying on the ground, that is my least favourite A-Team moment :(

I didn't mind Stockwell, but I wish the guys had been "on their own" while still working for the pardons via the general. That would have made it much more interesting, and fit in more with their characters. Maybe that's why the dynamic seems off - because the characters were in a setting that didn't work for them. They wouldn't be "themselves" living in a gilded cage like that. How paradoxical - people didn't like the way the guys interacted, which was bad, but it fit perfectly with the situation the writers put them in, which was good. True!! Maybe Season 5 is better than I'm giving them credit for!! They should be free....well free but still being chased by MP's!!

sara
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Anne, Mrs Peck.. you know how much I agree with you about Frankie and the 5 season.. :?
On Dwight's site there's a whole topic about the reasons because most of us (fans of the A-Team) don't like Frankie at all :twisted: ..I could list thousand of reasons!!!!!! :x

About the trial.. I find it always thrilling and I adore the altruism they have for eachother (of course I don't apreciate Frankie's partecipation in Murdock's initiative :?
The gunshots... you're right Mrs Peck... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I also don't like them to seem dependent on stockwell's will.. :?
I would have written season 5 in a complete way.

If I'm not wrong (Tracy, eventually tell me!) Dirk and Dwight told in the past that the A-Team has got only 4 seasons.. :wink:

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Anne, Mrs Peck.. you know how much I agree with you about Frankie and the 5 season.. :?
On Dwight's site there's a whole topic about the reasons because most of us (fans of the A-Team) don't like Frankie at all :twisted: ..I could list thousand of reasons!!!!!! :x

About the trial.. I find it always thrilling and I adore the altruism they have for eachother (of course I don't apreciate Frankie's partecipation in Murdock's initiative :?
The gunshots... you're right Mrs Peck... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I also don't like them to seem dependent on stockwell's will.. :?
I would have written season 5 in a complete way.

If I'm not wrong (Tracy, eventually tell me!) Dirk and Dwight told in the past that the A-Team has got only 4 seasons.. :wink:

I've heard before that apparently season 5 is all in Murdock's head....it's a dream or something??? As for the Frankie topic, yeah I was directed to it when I started a thread of my own :oops:

Lily
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
He's sharkbait not facebait :mrgreen:

Lily
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I've heard before that apparently season 5 is all in Murdock's head....it's a dream or something??? As for the Frankie topic, yeah I was directed to it when I started a thread of my own :oops:[/quote]

That thread could be our undercover hannibal disguise type thread,
secretagentwithbigcigarsmiley

Mrs Peck
05-17-2007, 04:28 AM
I've heard before that apparently season 5 is all in Murdock's head....it's a dream or something??? As for the Frankie topic, yeah I was directed to it when I started a thread of my own :oops:

That thread could be our undercover hannibal disguise type thread,
secretagentwithbigcigarsmiley[/quote]

Gotcha :wink: We really need a ninja smiley here don't we??? :)

Lily
05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I would love a ninja smiley here (ninjaeyesnarrowedsmiley)

I didn't mind 'pros and cons' so thats my vote so far for worst episode *blows raspberries*

Mrs Peck
05-21-2007, 06:07 AM
I would love a ninja smiley here (ninjaeyesnarrowedsmiley)

I didn't mind 'pros and cons' so thats my vote so far for worst episode *blows raspberries*

I think there's a funny scene in that with Murdock and Hannibal breaking over the wall with hair dryers and 'traaaash baaaags'???

xRamona
05-21-2007, 06:36 AM
I can't remember the name of that episode,
but Face was on a holiday I think.. So he hadn't very much lines and you didn't see him very much in that episode.
So, that's the worst Face episode. 8)

ostarella
05-21-2007, 07:26 AM
That was "Breakout", Season three.

I know... :oops: :cry: :roll:

Mrs Peck
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM

LOL nothin sad about it!!!!! I'm more embarrassed for gettin me episodes wrong!!

ostarella
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Actually, we're talking about two different eps here:

The one with the trash bags was Pros and Cons - Face was "Dr Pepper" in that one; the one where Face was on vacation (and only had a few lines at the very beginning) was Breakout, where Murdock and BA were taken for bank robbers and Hannibal had to rescue them. :lol:

sara
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM

you never disappoint us!! :wink:

Mrs Peck
05-22-2007, 03:46 AM
Actually, we're talking about two different eps here:

The one with the trash bags was Pros and Cons - Face was "Dr Pepper" in that one; the one where Face was on vacation (and only had a few lines at the very beginning) was Breakout, where Murdock and BA were taken for bank robbers and Hannibal had to rescue them. :lol: Don't worry I knew they were two different eps!

xRamona
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM

That's the one I meant! 8)

Thank you ostarella!
You're great.

:D

Flykie
06-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Champ was a boring episode :?

Zilfstar
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
About Amy: I heard Dirk tell in an interview how the powers that be did not like The A-team at all. And he also has a very good insiders insight in how TV-wolrd works. Now in the Battlestar Galactica the powers already began their feminist attack. No I am female so do not get me wrong here. I thinkAmy was ment as the female (maybe feminist) opposite of the guys. Like: a show with only 4 tough guys is not representative for all the young girls who are watching...? It is just the same reason why the made one of the telletubbies (childrens program in the UK and also in the netherlands) more brown than the others; So the 4 are representative. With teh A-team they needed a character to wich the little female fans could identify and get along in all the action and being tough and all that (instead of just being in love with one (or more :wink: ) of the guys. It is just merchandising.

Same reason why the wrote season 5 with Frankie and the whole capturing and escaping of the A-team. To make it interesting again. The powers that be don't mind how the audience is liking it. Just look at what they did re-inventing the Galactica! No, they decided it was awfull (they thaught so for 4 years) and they decided it needed some thing new to maybe make it interesting at last. Or, for all we know, to actualy make it bleed to death on his own. Tearing it up so no one would bother watching it.

So my worst episode: try whole season 5 (instead maybe the ep where face meets his father. There you see Dirk come out. In the interview with Jansen he admitted that was a very personal, too personal episode...) Crazy how both his big characters are orphins, (I mean with out a father) and then all of a sudden somehow meet that father. Wonder if the writers knew about that and desided to use it. Hopefully with a positive intention. I thaught Dirk plyed that ep well, as Face. Now I know how HE felt about it. Makes me re-think it. Still, I was right about there for a moment seeing the real Dirk. Therapeutic? catharsis? (If you know what I mean) Wel that is what drama was used for in the old days when it was first invented.

23:31 here. I am of to bed. Finally!

sara
07-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Zilfstar!! :D :D
Your opinion is vey clear and I can tell you I share most of it.
I don't like 'intruders' among the Fab Four :twisted: ..anyway Amy is the one I tolerate more: I HATE Frankie.. and even Tawnia is very annoying.. Amy after all is a sweet person who tries to give a contribution. :roll:
they needed a character to wich the little female fans could identify and get along in all the action and being tough and all that (instead of just being in love with one (or more Wink ) of the guys. It is just merchandising.
I agree.. maybe it's a bit said, but it's true.
Anyway, I find it an useless effortwe DON'T need a woman in the Team to feel part of it.. on the contrary.. we risk to become very jealous!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: