PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy to be re-released

Tracy
01-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Dirk's first book Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy will be re-released through Square One Publishing early 2005. Exact release date forthcoming. The book will be available for purchase on Dirk Benedict Central.com

Tracy :)

Kitti
01-10-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm so glad that it will be out again soon,,,, I've been looking for it for sometime,,, can't wait to get it :D

jewels
01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Tracy, are chances still good that the "fishing" book will be re-released? Did he ever get enough interest to do the audio version?

Any progress on that collaboration with Dwight?

Jewels

Tracy
01-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Jewels,
No word on "Fishing" either in paperback or audio as of yet.
I think Dirk's concentrating on getting KC back out there first :)
I'll try to find out about the Dwight collaboration and if that's making any headway ;)

jewels
01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
thanks Tracy. Not terribly worth bugging da man about. but if it comes up.... ;)

Decades
01-18-2005, 01:04 PM

Jennifer L
03-01-2005, 11:18 AM
This is awesome news. I was able to get both books used at ABE about a year ago. So those of you who want "fishing" may try there or another on line used site. However, I would be glad to buy a new copy of one or both of Dirk's book so that he gets something out of it too.

Tracy
03-19-2005, 07:51 PM
It's looking good for the ATWWF audio edition.
Don't have specifics yet, but it's lookin' good :)

Tracy
04-23-2005, 02:47 AM
UPDATE:

"Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" is to be released in June.
Hang on for an exact date.
Will post it when I have it :)

jules48
04-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Great to hear that Kamikaze Cowboy is going to be re-released I've been trying to get a copy for a while.

We had a big full page article in todays newspaper (Herald Sun) here in Australia on the benefits of eating a healthy diet. We were told to eat lots of Miso soup, oats,barley, almonds, plenty of fresh fruit and veg and soy products and give up eating meat. That will reduce our cholesterol and make us all healthy. They are talking like it's some new scientific study when Dirk has been telling us this for years. Finally the so called 'experts' are telling us what Dirk has known all along.

Julia

Tony
05-27-2005, 09:10 AM
:?

Is Dirk's book out yet? Or should I just go out and get an old one form e bay?

Suz
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Tony :)

Just so yaz knows....
You can now find Dirk's book on Amazon ... just in case it hasn't reached your local book store yet.

Tony
05-27-2005, 10:45 AM
:P

Thanks ! I would like to see Dirk get my money then someone on e bay.

Christy
05-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I've also been looking for Dirks books...KC and ATWWF ( love the audio concept!). Can't wait to purchase them! Any idea of the cost for both ( KC and ATWWF-audio )?...or is it too soon to say? Thanks!!!...

Sincerely,
Christy

Tony
05-28-2005, 02:18 PM
:o

Hay I did not know Dirk was go to do a book on Tape. That would help out.
My reading is not the best it could be. :?
And I bet Dirk uses Big Words. like the word BIG. Or somthing like that. :wink:

Kitti
06-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Any word yet when "Confessions of a Kamikazi Cowboy" will be out???
thanks
Kitti

Tracy
06-05-2005, 03:36 PM
The book is supposed to be re-released sometime this month. Will post when I have exact date :)

Tracy
06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
The books will be available via this website through the new website store sometime next week. This new edition has the same cover and content, but the "dedication" has been changed.

Christy
06-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi Tracy!
How are things going with the new website store? Good I hope! Can you possibly give any info ( How soon we can "browse" the store and purchase Dirks book? What the cost will be? And can those of us that prefer to order by mail...will we be able to do so? ). I know you're very busy ( And by the way...THANKS!...for all you do here at the site for all of us. )...so when you get a moment, I'd greatly appreciate it ( as I'm sure others will too ).

Warmest Wishes,
Sincerely,
Christy

ojai22
06-27-2005, 01:01 AM
.... This new edition has the same cover and content, but the "dedication" has been changed.

In the KC book I have the dedication is to a lot of actors who died from cancer. Is the new dedication an update? Cancer has claimed many more since the first book was published. Sad. So sad.

julie w
06-27-2005, 09:25 AM
"Is the new dedication an update?"

My personal guess would be that perhapes he dedicated the book to (or partly to) William Dufty. I believe he and Dirk were close (at least that's what I remember reading). Dufty even wrote the "forward" in KC. Also, if memory serves me correctly, I believe he passed away a few years back.

Julie

Tracy
06-27-2005, 10:25 PM
With my starting a full time job a month ago and trying to get things organized for the store ( Paypal, order forms etc ) it's just taking a wee bit longer. It WILL be up next week FOR SURE.
There will be 2 books, as well as photos for sale.
All will be revealed when the store is open :)
As for the new dedication, it is a very special one ;)

julie w
06-28-2005, 11:56 AM
"As for the new dedication, it is a very special one"

You tease! :-P
So basically what you're telling me is that even though I have the book already, I may want to buy this "updated" version, huh? Well, that's ok. It'll be going to a good cause, er, I mean - *man*.:-)

Julie

MrsSpooky
03-06-2006, 05:34 PM
It arrived about 20 minutes ago, the book I ordered from amazon.com.

"And Then We Went Fishing" is on its way.

I'm still working, but did get through the introduction so far.

I just wish I had the discipline to eat right. I was a vegetarian for 12 years and I know I ate wrong, even if I did give up animal flesh. Can't wait to dig into this one!

Deb

Billy
03-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Ordered Kamikazi today from Amazon! But can't afford "Fishing" :shock: ...going to see if local library can source it for me! :wink:

Excited now! Going to get to read about Dirk! :lol:

MrsSpooky
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I dived into Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy and my eyes are bugging out of my head. Holy crud!! I can hear his voice while I'm reading it - I'd really love to hear him tell it himself - in his own voice.

Today my copy of "And Then We Went Fishing" arrived. Can't wait to get into THAT!

It's a slimmer book than what I was expecting, but that's ok. I really care about the guy and am interested in what he has to say about his life and experiences.

I'd love to say 'thank you' to him for writing these. I SO TOTALLY hope he and Dwight Schultz write a book about making the A Team! That would be killer!

Deb

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
03-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Dirk and Dwight said they were planning a book on the A-team 1-2 years ago during a very short interview with one of the bbc radio channels. I have no idea what will happen with the idea. I certainly like it.

They were both unbelievable funny during the screenheroes convention in holland, so one can imagine how great a book about the a-team would be (and we all know Dirk is a good writter).

Lexys
04-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Finally I get too this book. I have wait for it so long time and i canīt wait longer. :) I just have to read it. I am sure that this book is the best what i have ever read.
Book of A-team would be just wonderful. It was amazing show with best actors.

MrsSpooky
04-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Finally I get too this book. I have wait for it so long time and i canīt wait longer. :) I just have to read it. I am sure that this book is the best what i have ever read.

Oh you are SO TOTALLY going to LOVE it!! I thought Kamikaze Cowboy was the best book I'd read, but Fishing... The man knows how to write and he has a life that is totally worth writing - and reading - about.

I love reading biographies of people I admire, and these two rank as the best.

Lexys
06-23-2006, 08:47 AM

Today i was on beach and whan book-shop woman called me and now i have my own new "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy"! I am so lucky and i have read almost 1/4 of it :D . It is super.

DonnaRedRockMom
06-28-2006, 10:44 AM
can either of his books be gotten directly from Dirk....I agree that it would be best if it benefited him and not just others.

...please let us know

....my husband & I have worn out the library's copies...we would love to get one of each for ourselves and new ones for the library

thanks,
Donna

MontanaCowgirl
10-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Hahaha... I just found a picture of myself reading the Kamikaze Cowboy during our last vacation in Holland. Nice memories :lol:

Ertana
02-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi there
I've been searching for this book for ages.
I've also been sending begging e-mails to various publishers letting them know that there is a huge demand for 'And Then We Went Fishing'.

Here's a link to the Penguingroup USA site. I followed a link saying 'Having trouble locating a book? Visit our help centre'.
People power, come on lets show the publishers that there is a demand for Dirks books.
We want it re-printed.
Write to:

http://penguingroup.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/penguingroup.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=MFQkU-ti&p_accessibility=0&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD04MCZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y 9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wY WdlPTE*

Ertana
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Oops, posted under the wrong thread. Sorry!

moviemogul
04-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi E,

Have you tried Amazon, Borders, or even second hand books? I am getting a second hand copy posted to me, so try that

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-19-2007, 06:47 AM
I ordered this book at my Book store and they also said it's being printed, but they don't know when they get it... It could be december aswell...

Today i'm going to find out if they can order the second book aswell some how... :D

remke
05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
so i have finely the book of kamikaze and starts this week

and i dont know when i am finisch, because englisch is not my hobby haha.

bye bye kisses remke

Flykie
06-24-2007, 08:41 AM
I also have the book :D

lisi
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I have the book in germanand english , and I reed the book in english, nut I have the reed book in german

faith
04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi! I have the books on order and can't wait to receive and start reading them. So hard to get within Australia, so I got onto Amazon and should have them in about a month. Just read about the A-Team book they might be writing, sounds like a winner!

:)

lisi
04-26-2008, 03:47 AM
I have got bücher also on order

bibbi
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM
You''ll really enjoy the books. I've read each of them more than 9 times. :)

Tracy
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
You''ll really enjoy the books. I've read each of them more than 9 times. :)

NINE times?? Wow. Does the story change each time you read it??:p;)

bibbi
04-28-2008, 10:40 AM
NINE times?? Wow. Does the story change each time you read it??:p;)

I can't put the books down. ;) There's always something that I missed the first time I read it. Dirk is a great writer. I do that with a lot of books that I really enjoy. :D

Flykie
06-06-2008, 05:14 AM
I got both books.
Very interesting about Dirk his live ;)

bibbi
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I've started to re-read that book. I can't seem to put either of them down.
Dirk is a very talented writer *and very handsome* ;) :D

Irishkiss
07-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I bought both books about a year and a half ago. They are absolutely great. It took me some time to find a place on the Internet that had the books, but I finally got them. I just cannot remember where I got the books though since it has been so long.

AngieCorvette
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
One of my clients, 29yrs old, whose had 3 generations of prostate cancer sufferers in his family, has bought Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy after my recommending it to him :D A few wks back when I wrote the details down on a post-it for him & he saw the author was Dirk Benedict, he said "that's Face from The A Team isn't it?"....... aaaah it made my day!...... :)

drnkdiva29
07-30-2010, 09:05 PM
I have the book on my shelf and am afraid to pick it up for fear of happening upon a line that reads something like the following: "Alcohol is strictly prohibited." :)
(I'm already a vegan so its not like I've got a lot to give up...)

ostarella
07-31-2010, 09:15 AM
I have the book on my shelf and am afraid to pick it up for fear of happening upon a line that reads something like the following: "Alcohol is strictly prohibited." :)
(I'm already a vegan so its not like I've got a lot to give up...)

Somehow, I don't think you have to worry... :D

drnkdiva29
07-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Somehow, I don't think you have to worry... :D

Thanks ! :D You know there are only so many food groups a girl can give up.... So maybe I will give the book a read.

MissBenedict
10-29-2010, 05:39 AM
I just order the book on Bol.com.
I can't wait to have it here and to read it :D.
I think it's very interesting.

Candi
04-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Only got to read the prologue and the first two pages last night, but so far And Then We Went Fishing is pretty good. :-)

bibbi
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Only got to read the prologue and the first two pages last night, but so far And Then We Went Fishing is pretty good. :-)
It is excellent. :) I've read this book more than once including And Then We Went Fishing. ;) Can't wait to see if Dirk writes a third book, I'm sure it'll be as awesome as the other two. :)

Emily
04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Great books !! You can discover a sweet romantic side of Dirk that camaras can never tell ...

;)

prepperdad
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Great books !! You can discover a sweet romantic side of Dirk that camaras can never tell ...

;)

I just ordered it, can't wait for it to come in the mail.

Flygirl
04-08-2017, 06:24 PM
My mom started reading CKC today. I've been trying to get her to read it for a while (she assumed she wouldn't like it because she doesn't like "diet books") and I finally got her excited about it. This was a huge win for me because I'm working on her to start eating less sugar and more healthy foods... she's very healthy at 75 and generally has more energy than I do. But her diet is not good. As my husband would say, "she eats like a nine year old boy".

Anyhoo, I asked her to read one of Dirk's essays and if she didn't like his writing style, I wouldn't ask again. Well, she was shocked that he's actually a very good writer. She thought I was forcing it on her due to my (minor) crush on the man. *Ahem* She went on to illustrate her point by reminding me she watched every episode of the A-Team and "that battleship show" (Battlestar, mom; it took place in space... no water...) when I was a teenager. She had a point.

But she does love to read. Constantly looking for something new... and I knew she'd like Dirk's writing style.

So she read 'Lost in Castration', and found it very clever. Thus, now she has acquiesced to CKC. I'm very excited to hear her thoughts. So far she's impressed that he was so close with Gloria Swanson.

I'll share her review when she's done. :)

Vballspieler
04-08-2017, 06:26 PM
My mom started reading CKC today. I've been trying to get her to read it for a while (she assumed she wouldn't like it because she doesn't like "diet books") and I finally got her excited about it. This was a huge win for me because I'm working on her to start eating less sugar and more healthy foods... she's very healthy at 75 and generally has more energy than I do. But her diet is not good. As my husband would say, "she eats like a nine year old boy".

Anyhoo, I asked her to read one of Dirk's essays and if she didn't like his writing style, I wouldn't ask again. Well, she was shocked that he's actually a very good writer. She thought I was forcing it on her due to my (minor) crush on the man. *Ahem* She went on to illustrate her point by reminding me she watched every episode of the A-Team and "that battleship show" (Battlestar, mom; it took place in space... no water...) when I was a teenager. She had a point.

But she does love to read. Constantly looking for something new... and I knew she'd like Dirk's writing style.

So she read 'Lost in Castration', and found it very clever. Thus, now she has acquiesced to CKC. I'm very excited to hear her thoughts. So far she's impressed that he was so close with Gloria Swanson.

We look forward to it. You have a crush on DB? Couldn't have guessed in a million centons.

Flygirl
04-08-2017, 06:30 PM
We look forward to it. You have a crush on DB? Couldn't have guessed in a million centons.

:)) :)) :))

LittleMonkeyDog
04-09-2017, 05:05 AM

Love to read it. Minor crush :p :)) :)) :))

Ludlum'sDaughter14
04-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Nice! Let us know what she thinks.

Michele Ann
04-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Awesome!!!!

InACupFool
04-22-2017, 01:58 AM

This made me laugh and think of my own mom. I used to make her watch all TAT and BG episodes with me, too!

Love both books and Dirk's writing style. Easy to read and very engaging at the same time.

LittleMonkeyDog
04-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Love both books and Dirk's writing style. Easy to read and very engaging at the same time.

Oh yes so did I. Couldn't stop reading and I re-read them every now and then too because I like them so much. I love Dirk's writing style a whole lot. He's my big example. Wish I could write like that ...

Flygirl
04-22-2017, 04:19 PM
This made me laugh and think of my own mom. I used to make her watch all TAT and BG episodes with me, too!

OMG, the things I put my mother through... Glad I'm not the only one! If it wasn't the A-Team or BSG, it was Quantum Leap or Magnum, P.I. I'd seen all the episodes and still hogged the TV. If mom was there, and she got up to do something else it was always, "Come ON, ma, this is a GOOD one!" (Yes, I'll admit, every single episode was a "good one".)

Flygirl
04-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Update: Mom is still reading. Her book club forced her to deviate from CKC.

I told her we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for her review. ;) :))

Vballspieler
04-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Update: Mom is still reading. Her book club forced her to deviate from CKC.

I told her we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for her review. ;) :))

Tell her we expect a good review about the book.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
05-12-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm thinking about reading this again and writing down my thoughts in response to each chapter - not necessarily to share, but just to get things clear in my head. It's been a little over a year since I read it the first time, and I've had time to think through all the ideas and questions I was just beginning to process the first time through. Anyone want to join me?

LittleMonkeyDog
05-12-2017, 03:52 AM
I'm thinking about reading this again and writing down my thoughts in response to each chapter - not necessarily to share, but just to get things clear in my head. It's been a little over a year since I read it the first time, and I've had time to think through all the ideas and questions I was just beginning to process the first time through. Anyone want to join me?

Yes, sure. I don't know how many times I've read the book already, but I keep on re-reading it.

FG's Mom
07-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Hi Everybody. I finally finished "Kamikaze". I'm definitely impressed with Dirk's dedication to the way of life he has chosen and his sincere concern for his readers. I agree, to an extent, with his conviction that our maladies are caused by what we eat. Diet is definitely part of our health and wellbeing but I think there are other factors at work. That being said, I'm glad I read the book because Dirk's tenacity is admirable. My favorite quote from the book ..."how sad it is that most of us miss the moments at hand that, strung together, comprise our lives". Let's all eat well, chew and enjoy the moments!

Flygirl
07-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Hi Everybody. I finally finished "Kamikaze". I'm definitely impressed with Dirk's dedication to the way of life he has chosen and his sincere concern for his readers. I agree, to an extent, with his conviction that our maladies are caused by what we eat. Diet is definitely part of our health and wellbeing but I think there are other factors at work. That being said, I'm glad I read the book because Dirk's tenacity is admirable. My favorite quote from the book ..."how sad it is that most of us miss the moments at hand that, strung together, comprise our lives". Let's all eat well, chew and enjoy the moments!

Yay!!! You did it! I knew you could find your way back in to post the review. ;)

You can check out some of the threads on the Macrobiotics board to get more info about healthy eating and some food/recipe ideas (in case my urging isn't insistent enough :D ). Look around in there! A lot of good info -- from some extremely smart people who know way more about macrobiotics than I do...

Vballspieler
07-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Awesome.

Next up, And Then We Went Fishing...

Flygirl
07-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Awesome.

Next up, And Then We Went Fishing...

I'm mailing it to her. :D

LittleMonkeyDog
07-11-2017, 04:19 PM

Hi. I'm so glad you finished the book and reviewed it too:) I'm also impressed by his dedication and his tenacity. Glad you liked it. Hope you'll be reading and reviewing his second book as well.

MRDENNIS916
07-26-2017, 09:47 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but Confessions really had me in stitches. When you see that smirk, you know it's Dirk. He has a one of a kind face and character to his entire persona. He is akin to Bill Murray, Dirk need not utter a word. You look at that smirk and no laugh track required.

To coin a phrase, Dirk Benedict needs no introduction.
"There are those with shovels and those who dig"
Clint Eastwood (Good, Bad & The Ugly)

There are those like Dirk, who wash their planes. There are those like me who don't, but I've had 2 heart attacks and felt the same brush with mortality like Dirk did. I felt a kinship where no matter who you are fate deals with an even hand-celeb or schmuck retired unknown community theatre thespian like me.

As a man of 57, Dirk really has my kudos for his ultra secure male attitude about men's health and prostate issues. I've always felt that my most masculine of male counterparts are not 1/4 secure as Dirks' flair for straight-up honesty and courage.

The brass tacks of the content of his character, through the candor in his own words is truly valuable to MEN, who should not be shy about seeing a doctor. I'm also in favor for WOMEN to read his book and make their significant other male read it. Period.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
07-28-2017, 10:21 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but Confessions really had me in stitches. When you see that smirk, you know it's Dirk. He has a one of a kind face and character to his entire persona. He is akin to Bill Murray, Dirk need not utter a word. You look at that smirk and no laugh track required.

To coin a phrase, Dirk Benedict needs no introduction.
"There are those with shovels and those who dig"
Clint Eastwood (Good, Bad & The Ugly)

There are those like Dirk, who wash their planes. There are those like me who don't, but I've had 2 heart attacks and felt the same brush with mortality like Dirk did. I felt a kinship where no matter who you are fate deals with an even hand-celeb or schmuck retired unknown community theatre thespian like me.

As a man of 57, Dirk really has my kudos for his ultra secure male attitude about men's health and prostate issues. I've always felt that my most masculine of male counterparts are not 1/4 secure as Dirks' flair for straight-up honesty and courage.

The brass tacks of the content of his character, through the candor in his own words is truly valuable to MEN, who should not be shy about seeing a doctor. I'm also in favor for WOMEN to read his book and make their significant other male read it. Period.

His wry sense of humor is highly entertaining. You can tell just by reading his work that he enjoys crafting his sentences for maximum punch and sneaking in as much irony and wordplay that can possibly fit. When I read his writing I find myself grinning at the page.

Anyone who knew the details of my background would probably stereotype me as the last person who would enjoy Confessions. But I did, especially the second time around. I appreciate the way Dirk handles highly sensitive topics with, as you said, honesty and candor, striking an appropriate balance between biological distance and personal details. His firsthand experience as well as his conviction of his own position create a compelling case. I said I didn't enjoy Confessions as much the first time I read it because it made me profoundly uncomfortable, not because of the subject matter, but because it challenged many assumptions I held and the way I viewed the world. It forced me to spend months reevaluating everything until I finally had reasons for my beliefs about health, life, and spirituality. If I owe Dirk Benedict anything, it would be the motivation to prove the truth for myself. There are some things he says that I agree with, and others I still disagree with, but now I can tell you exactly why.

Vballspieler
07-29-2017, 05:11 AM
His wry sense of humor is highly entertaining. You can tell just by reading his work that he enjoys crafting his sentences for maximum punch and sneaking in as much irony and wordplay that can possibly fit. When I read his writing I find myself grinning at the page.

Anyone who knew the details of my background would probably stereotype me as the last person who would enjoy Confessions. But I did, especially the second time around. I appreciate the way Dirk handles highly sensitive topics with, as you said, honesty and candor, striking an appropriate balance between biological distance and personal details. His firsthand experience as well as his conviction of his own position create a compelling case. I said I didn't enjoy Confessions as much the first time I read it because it made me profoundly uncomfortable, not because of the subject matter, but because it challenged many assumptions I held and the way I viewed the world. It forced me to spend months reevaluating everything until I finally had reasons for my beliefs about health, life, and spirituality. If I owe Dirk Benedict anything, it would be the motivation to prove the truth for myself. There are some things he says that I agree with, and others I still disagree with, but now I can tell you exactly why.

I agree with your last sentence. There are some things I agree with; others I don't, but I had to reflect on my beliefs in order to agree or disagree with the book.

Confessions was easier for me to read than ATWWF. The family interaction in the second one was too close to my family's interactions that I had to take a break from reading and go for a walk.

MRDENNIS916
07-29-2017, 02:17 PM
I agree with your last sentence. There are some things I agree with; others I don't, but I had to reflect on my beliefs in order to agree or disagree with the book.

Confessions was easier for me to read than ATWWF. The family interaction in the second one was too close to my family's interactions that I had to take a break from reading and go for a walk.

"Be yourself and never fear thus to be naked in the eyes of others. Yet, know that man so often masks himself. That what is simple is rarely understood. The dust of truth swirls and seeks it's own cracks of entry. A tree falling in the forest without ears to hear, makes no sound. Yet, it falls." - Character "Master Po" on '70s TV series Kung Fu

Thought that was appropriate for the replies here. Peace.

LittleMonkeyDog
07-30-2017, 07:13 AM

I agree completely with you on all of this, LD.

I appreciate the way Dirk handles highly sensitive topics with, as you said, honesty and candor, striking an appropriate balance between biological distance and personal details. His firsthand experience as well as his conviction of his own position create a compelling case. I said I didn't enjoy Confessions as much the first time I read it because it made me profoundly uncomfortable, not because of the subject matter, but because it challenged many assumptions I held and the way I viewed the world. It forced me to spend months reevaluating everything until I finally had reasons for my beliefs about health, life, and spirituality. If I owe Dirk Benedict anything, it would be the motivation to prove the truth for myself. There are some things he says that I agree with, and others I still disagree with, but now I can tell you exactly why.

I truly like KCK. I stopped counting how many times I've actually read it up until now. I do remember the first time I read it. I liked it, but I had this strange feeling that I didn't quite get it ... After re-reading it, I gradually felt as if I started to understand but I still discover new aspects every time I read it. That's why I like it so very much I guess. It has been an inspiration to me in many ways although I don't always agree with everything.

MRDENNIS916
08-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Back in the 90s I bought my copy of "Confessions" at a used book store. My copy was signed by Dirk that got hers from a likely book signing tour.