PDA

View Full Version : And Then We Went Fishing

Kitti
01-29-2005, 08:04 AM
I was able to locate a copy of And Then We Went Fishing yesterday,,, once I started it I couldn't put it down,,,, It is one of the best things I've read in along time.... I can only hope that Dirk will write more,,, I'm still trying to find a copy of Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy,,,, and if it is as moving as the other I'll laugh, cryed , and understand how so many of us are similar and yet so different.... I was born several years after Dirk graduated from school,,, but I'm surprised at how so many things have changed over the years but thoughts and karma is still swaying life to its realms.... I've always thought my parents were here with me,, watching to see if they did right as parents (they died many years ago),,, and I still think they are,,, I watched them both die,,, and I never want to do that again, with anyone,,,, maybe that is why my life is in knots,,,, the book brought up so many questions ,,, about my life,,, and answers about Dirks I never would have guess,,, and so many unanswered questions.... I'd love to know where to ask them to Dirk....
hugs :cry:
Jill

Darrell Lawrence
01-29-2005, 09:18 AM
I'd love to know where to ask them to Dirk....
hugs :cry:
Jill

I'd recommend starting a new thread in Da Man forum... a "Questions for Dirk" one, and see if Tracy might forward the questions to him.

Kitti
01-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks
I'll try that
Jill

Tania
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know where i can get a copy of And then we went fishing? thanks.

Kitti
02-26-2005, 12:13 PM
My local library was able to get a copy for me to read.
Good luck,,,,
It was a great book,,, hope it can be re-release too, like they are going to do with Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy....
Kitti :D

Billy
04-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I have my library searching for And Then We Went Fishing...gosh I hope it was published in the UK otherwise I am so out of luck! :cry: ...really can't afford 78 off of Amazon! I'd love to read more about Dirk, but not that much! lol! (sorry Dirk if you are reading). :oops:

Currently reading Kamikaze Cowboy though, and it's great! :D

angelkitti1
04-12-2006, 06:59 AM
there are several companies on line that have e books, and I saw it listed on one... I'm still considering getting "Confessions of a Kamaze Cowboy" that way, I still can't find that one....

kitti

Billy
04-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Confessions of a Kamikazi Cowboy is easy to find, its on Amazon, and quite reasonable too...I paid around 10 including postage. It's And Then We Went Fishing which is the bugger to find! Or very expensive :cry:

Billy
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm so happy, this morning got a note from the library through the post!

They have And Then We Went Fishing, ready and waiting for me to pick up!

won't quite believe it until I've got it in my grubby little paws, so will be going out this afternoon to get it!! yippee!! :D

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
07-10-2006, 03:54 AM
if they won't rerelease the book in the future, is it not possible to make the book available in pdf on the website ???

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Finally was able to buy a copy on amazon.co.uk for a reasonable price.

Living in Europe it was a real pain in the... well you know what I mean :? ... to get this book, but I'm sure it will be worth it. :D

MrsSpooky
09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Finally was able to buy a copy on amazon.co.uk for a reasonable price.

Living in Europe it was a real pain in the... well you know what I mean :? ... to get this book, but I'm sure it will be worth it. :D

I can tell by the laughing face at the end of your post that you KNOW it will be worth it. :)

It is worth every cent (adjusted for one's local currency, that is, heheheh).

You will totally love that book

Deb

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
10-04-2006, 08:07 AM
The book was - of course - very great !!!

Loved it !!!

But it screams for a third book.

MontanaCowgirl
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Almost got me a copy on eBay, but it was still far too expensive... now somebody else bought it. They offer some used books on amazon, but also far too expensive and they didn't answer my e-mail *argh* I'm still expecting a re-print as most of you probably do, too ;)

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
10-05-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't know if it would be agreat idea to reprint the book.

It's a great book, but since the end of the book a lot of things happened, and I can imagine that Dirk rather prefers to write a third book that goes from e.g. the days that he was starring in the a-team until the day he ends his third book.

MrsSpooky
10-05-2006, 08:31 AM
I don't know if it would be agreat idea to reprint the book.

It's a great book, but since the end of the book a lot of things happened, and I can imagine that Dirk rather prefers to write a third book that goes from e.g. the days that he was starring in the a-team until the day he ends his third book.

I know. I want to read anything he writes, basically. Would love to hear what he has to say about his life after "...Fishing."

What I would LOVE is a book with more about his experiences on The A Team! He and Howlin' Mad and Mr T should collaborate, that would be killer!

Lt. Templeton TLoS Peck
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
It would probably be very difficult to get Mr. T involved, but Dirk and Dwight should do something together. They are friends, and if they are both at the same convention, the chemistry is amazing.

I really like the stuff Dwight is doing on www.howlingmadradio.com.

MontanaCowgirl
10-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :? :shock: :) :o :D :lol:

I GOT IT!!!! I GOT A NEW COPY OF AND THEN WE WENT FISHING!!!!

For even less than I expected... okay, 39,95 + 12,75 shipping is much, but fair enough in a way! It's a new copy... it's from a bookstore from Indiana which got some very great feedback on all the items he sold until now and he said he bought it with many other books and it's never been used only shows very minor imperceptible shelfwear.

Ah...... *feeling so relieved* :mrgreen:

MrsSpooky
10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :? :shock: :) :o :D :lol:

I GOT IT!!!! I GOT A NEW COPY OF AND THEN WE WENT FISHING!!!!

For even less than I expected... okay, 39,95 + 12,75 shipping is much, but fair enough in a way! It's a new copy... it's from a bookstore from Indiana which got some very great feedback on all the items he sold until now and he said he bought it with many other books and it's never been used only shows very minor imperceptible shelfwear.

Ah...... *feeling so relieved* :mrgreen:

WHOA!!!! Way to go! *high fives MontanaCowgirl*

You did good, girl. :)

MontanaCowgirl
10-09-2006, 02:12 PM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]

I'm glad the Dollar rate is very low at the moment ;)

MrsSpooky
10-09-2006, 02:17 PM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]

I'm glad the Dollar rate is very low at the moment ;)

Every little bit helps, that's for sure! :)

MontanaCowgirl
10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]
Every little bit helps, that's for sure! :)

Hehe, yepp! :wink:

I think I need to save my money now. Usually I'm very stingy. :lol: I spent far too much in the last days. First the Disneyland vacation on the weekend and Ruckus and Alaska and now the book. I think I need a time out and think of my upcoming studies :lol: :roll:

Maybe Dirk should write a book about "How to save money!" :lol: :lol:

bbbear97
10-10-2006, 06:44 PM

How would that work for you? Then you'd spend money on getting that book too :lol: ROFWL :wink:

MontanaCowgirl
10-11-2006, 02:00 AM

How would that work for you? Then you'd spend money on getting that book too :lol: ROFWL :wink:

Yes, I was thinking about that, too. His first lines would probably be something like "If you want to save money, don't buy the book..." Like in Kamikaze Cowboy...

If you suspect this book to be a total waste of your time, just another half-asses TV personality's attempt to make a quick buck... then tear out the following section of information and throw the rest of The Kamikaze Cowboy into the trash.

:lol:

MontanaCowgirl
10-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Yippie! I just received my copy of it... and it looks very good...
I read a couple of pages and can't get rid of it! :lol:
But unfortunately I still have to learn for tommorow's History paper :roll:
Okay, then I will go on reading tomorrow.

MrsSpooky
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Yippie! I just received my copy of it... and it looks very good...
I read a couple of pages and can't get rid of it! :lol:
But unfortunately I still have to learn for tommorow's History paper :roll:
Okay, then I will go on reading tomorrow.

D'OH!! Stupid school distracting from Dirk! That's ok, it MUST be attended to. Please do post here and let us know what you think as you get further into the book.

I'm about to start reading them both again. :)

John Pickard
10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm jealous. I found Kamakaze Cowboy in my local library and I've read it (I find I enjoy Dirk's writing very much, and his obvious belief in his food lifestyle is compelling - but more on that elsewhere).

Now I need to find a copy of Fishing...

:(

I am
Dawg

MontanaCowgirl
10-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm jealous. I found Kamakaze Cowboy in my local library and I've read it (I find I enjoy Dirk's writing very much, and his obvious belief in his food lifestyle is compelling - but more on that elsewhere).

I am
Dawg

There are copies at the Amazon.com Z-Shop. I got mine there.

John Pickard
10-19-2006, 02:51 PM

I am
Dawg

There are copies at the Amazon.com Z-Shop. I got mine there.

Great - Thanks! I'll go hunting!

I am
Dawg
8)

MontanaCowgirl
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Life is unfair... at least at the moment... it's always the same. You find a good book, you want to read it (ATWWF in this case, of course) and what happens? School crops up! The teachers want you to read some other books you also will have to write papers about :roll: Books I'd never read in my free time. At the moment I have to read two books Macbeth in the English class and The Reader (Der Vorleser) in the German class and a third book will be read in the Spanish class. How can someone read three books at once? It's nuts! What do the teachers want from us? I want to read my books...!!! :roll:

juliepresleyfan
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
hey guys anyone of you lovelly people can tell me where to get dirks book AND THEN WE WENT FISHING PERLEESE LOL
WOULD BE GREATFULL
JULIE

jewels
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Put it on an eBay favorites search. Only place I've seen it since I got my copy (and I got mine relatively reasonable used just after it went out of print) is on Abebooks.com and Alibris.com

The prices have been nuts for a paperback though. I hope his publisher begs him to re-release it, like he did with Kamikaze Cowboy. It's incredibly well written.

Years ago, there was some talk about an audio version of it, but it not enough people expressed interest in it to go forward back then. A lot of those folks drifted out of fandom shortly thereafter, too.

::edit:: I googled it and it is available as an ebook here, for less than the cover price on my paperback: http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/39?book=And_Then_We_Went_Fishing:_A_Story_of_Fathe rhood,_Fate_and_Forgiveness

It's an awesome piece of writing, I'd go for it that way if I didn't have one sitting on the top shelf of my bookshelf.

deebeelicious
03-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I googled it and it is available as an ebook here, for less than the cover price on my paperback: http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/39?book=And_Then_We_Went_Fishing:_A_Story_of_Fathe rhood,_Fate_and_Forgiveness

I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy Fishing as an ebook, however, ereader.com doesn't seem to be selling it anymore. (I thought I saw it was available a couple of months ago.) Is that good news, in that a publisher has decided to pick it up for a re-print?
If anyone knows where I could download it from another site, please let me know - otherwise I suppose I'll join the long list at the library!

xx

dbukfan
03-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi Tracey

May I ask you whether if it's possible to kindly ask Dirk that he may be thinking of more printing, And Then We Went Fishing with his publisher...as in the UK, it's rather impossible for us to find this book to read, I've tried but no luck even at British Library!!

Thank you in advance for your help and have a nice weekend.

Regards

dbukfan...x

bibbi
03-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi dbukfan! :D
i would try perhaps Ebay or check out Amazon.
Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/
Do try you local used bookstores if there any. You never know what you'd find.

Take care,
Anne :)

dbukfan
03-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Anne

Thnks for yr info..but both Amazon or Ebay're so so expensive...I don't think U'll spend nearly GBP250.00 for 2nd hand book surely!!....I'd rather spend it on my daughter's ballet or gymnastics class.....Don't U agree!!
The 2nd book stores, the only I have issue with is....never seems to have enough time to do........not excuses...just too busy/hectic life I got.

so TRACEY...once again..if U read this...pls help me!!!

Anne, by the way...U like hiking..like me...which places/mountain U've been then...tell me a bit more when U got time. I'd been climbing the French Alpes, Sugar Loaf in Wales-UK..., some steep hill in Greece..can't remember the name..& somewhere in the Far-East...loving/enjoying that solitude so much....plan to climb the Pyreness in few yrs time..when littly a bit older!!

Nite..Nite

dbukfan...x

bibbi
04-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I took a look.
They're that expensive! :shock: YIKES!!!
I would definitely try your local used bookstore.
Getting in touch with Tracy is an excellent idea.
She would definitely know when they would be reprinting Dirk's book.

Take care,

MrsSpooky
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I took a look.
They're that expensive! :shock: YIKES!!!
I would definitely try your local used bookstore.
Getting in touch with Tracy is an excellent idea.
She would definitely know when they would be reprinting Dirk's book.

Take care,

I just saw the notice on the main page of Dirk Benedict Central that he is going to rerelease the book! If anyone was planning on spending the $250+ for it used, hold off, it'll be out this summer.

WOOHOO! Dirk, you freakin' RAWK!