PDA

View Full Version : Faceman's father

MontanaCowgirl
10-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Early this morning I've watched this scene on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FNdkN-tshE0) and I was close to tears... poor Murdock. Can anybody tell me if it's from season 4 or 5, please and from which episode?

It reminded me of this one BSG episode (I think The Man WIth Nine Lives) in which Starbuck found his possible father.

ostarella
10-21-2006, 11:10 AM
This is from season 5, "Family Reunion", where Murdock tells Face about AJ Bancroft probably being his father...

xRamona
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah, poor Murdock..
His face, so innocent, He never meant to hurt Face..
When a saw that scene I felt so sorry for Murdock. :oops: :lol:

Genny
05-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Great clip. Shows just how good both these actors are, doesn't it. :D :D

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
This is my least favourite episode I have to say, from my least favourite series. There was no need to bring Face's past into things....but the fight scene is one of my favourite Face/Murdock moments.....I especially like Face's little trip before he starts layin into Murdock!! :oops:

xRamona
05-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Great clip. Shows just how good both these actors are, doesn't it. :D :D

I couldn't have said it better. :D

Dirk B. Fan from Holland
05-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Great expression on their faces! I wonder how much pain would be real... it looks so realistic...

And yes they are good!

Arciris
05-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Yeahhh, it's a good episode. I prefer others but only because the season 5 is the last and I feel sadness for this... :cry:
But it's a great episode, there's no doubt :) :)

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Yeahhh, it's a good episode. I prefer others but only because the season 5 is the last and I feel sadness for this... :cry:
But it's a great episode, there's no doubt :) :)

Did you enjoy season five? TBH I never really enjoyed it.. oh except for the one where Face gets shot.....that really is a worrying episode.... I thought Season 5 lost the A-Team character and of course with that awful Frankie hanging around, I was never going to warm to it. I really didn't see the need for Family Reunion and except for the Face/Murdock confrontation, didn't enjoy it at all.

Each to there own though!

ostarella
05-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Season 1 and Season 5 were my favorites, because neither were so slapstick. I liked FR because I wanted more about the characters and less "let's make a monster weapon out of chicken wire" :lol: The only thing I didn't like about FR was the actor they had for Bancroft - what were they thinking?!? :roll:

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Season 1 and Season 5 were my favorites, because neither were so slapstick. I liked FR because I wanted more about the characters and less "let's make a monster weapon out of chicken wire" :lol: The only thing I didn't like about FR was the actor they had for Bancroft - what were they thinking?!? :roll:

PHEW!!! I totally misinterpretted your post!! By FR, initially I thought you were saying you liked Frankie!! What ever anyone's choices over their favourite episodes is fair enough, I think we'll all agree, but please don't anyone tell me they liked Frankie!!!! :shock: :)

ostarella
05-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Frankie?!? OMG :shock:

Actually, Frankie comes in handy for fanfic - if you want comic relief, an evil traitor, or someone to kill off :P

Mrs Peck
05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Frankie?!? OMG :shock:

Actually, Frankie comes in handy for fanfic - if you want comic relief, an evil traitor, or someone to kill off :P

LOL!!!! Good to see he comes in handy for something!! I notice they didn't try to get hold of him for the A-Team reunion! Apparently he was brought in to try and boost the ratings and to attract the younger female! I think we were all quite happy with the lovelies already recruited! :wink:

Genny
05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
To attract the younger female...Haha. :shock: I'd not seen season five until I bought it some months back. Thought, " Who is that extremely unattractive bloke ?". Would have thought the same when I was a teenager.

ostarella
05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Just out of curiosity - has anyone ever seen an interview with Eddie Velez where he gives his take on the show? That, and Robert Vaughn's, would be two opinions that might be interesting to see...

bibbi
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't think that I have seen interviews from either the actor who portrayed Frankie nor the actor who portrayed Stockwell. "Family Reunion" was a good episode. Season 5 is my least favourite season. The slapstick part is what REALLY MADE the show work. The whole show was meant to be tongue and cheek from the very beginning. That's my honest opinion.

Take care,
Anne :)

ostarella
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Tongue in cheek, yeah - slapstick, no. From interviews I've seen with Cannell and George Peppard, it was meant to be more Rockford type humor than what it turned to. Which may be why TPTB didn't like it. I think if Cannell/Lupo hadn't turned it over to other writers (while they went on to other projects), it may have retained the tone of the early shows (serious but with a roguish attitude). But once C/L neglected it, the actors did what they had to in order to salvage poor scripts.

I definitely know which way I would have preferred it :wink:

Mrs Peck
05-17-2007, 04:23 AM
I've just googled Eddie Velez - on LegendaryTV, they say '....most of all we love his appearance in the A-Team..' :shock: He must have written it himself! Apparently he's made a guest appearance in Numbers!

Arciris
05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Did you enjoy season five? TBH I never really enjoyed it.. oh except for the one where Face gets shot.....that really is a worrying episode.... I thought Season 5 lost the A-Team character and of course with that awful Frankie hanging around, I was never going to warm to it. I really didn't see the need for Family Reunion and except for the Face/Murdock confrontation, didn't enjoy it at all.

Each to there own though![/quote]

Hi!!
Well I confess that I don't like season 5, either..but like it was the last when I see it I feel that they no longer filmed more..and it's "nostalgy" (is thus?)..hahaha, sorry.
I have season 1, 2 and 3 only. 4 it arrives in june on dvd and 5 not exist here for the moment... :shock: I had seen it in tv.
Genny, Hi!! How are you? :wink:
Regards!!

sara
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Just out of curiosity - has anyone ever seen an interview with Eddie Velez where he gives his take on the show? That, and Robert Vaughn's, would be two opinions that might be interesting to see...

not yet unluckly.. but I'd like to... could be interesting, you're right!

To attract the younger female...Haha.. :shock: .

My face was actually like this " :shock:" ... and then like this " :x" when I read it!!!
Frankie attractive?.. that silly conceited cocky guy?? :twisted:

Genny
05-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi, Sara ! I know ! Frankie was just awful. I wonder who decided that he was more attractive than Dirk ? :shock: :shock:

Arciris
05-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Hi, Sara ! I know ! Frankie was just awful. I wonder who decided that he was more attractive than Dirk ? :shock: :shock:

Ha ha ha, I don't know...for me he was't attractive but...like here we say: "About tastes (to like a person) there is nothing no written" "Sobre gustos no hay nada escrito". I like his hair because I have always liked more black hair, but...only for this..
Evidently, about hair..Dirk is my exception..I have never never seen a prettier hair like Dirk's hair :P :P A beautiful blond hair.

sara
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM

Hi Genny!!!
:lol: :lol: I couldn't agree more!!!
Nobody could be considered more attractive than Dirk... expecially Frankie... I find much more sex appeal in.. Donald Duck!!!!! :twisted: :lol: :P