PDA

View Full Version : Website redesign

Tracy
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Darrell's been very busy at work doing a beautiful redesign of the entire website. You'll notice some new buttons at the top of the forum pages. If you've been checking them out you'll note that some of the sections are not yet completed so please bear with for a bit longer :)
The old pages of course can still be viewed from the homepage links:
http://dirkbenedictcentral.com

We're looking forward to unveiling the brand new design soon and hope you enjoy it :D

Tracy

ostarella
01-22-2005, 08:26 AM
So far I'm totally impressed - great job! :D

Darrell Lawrence
01-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Everything is operational now. Just a tweak here and there to be done.

Otherwise, it's done ;)

MontanaCowgirl
08-07-2006, 06:06 AM
I really love this site and Tracy I was wondering how did you become Dirk's webmistress? Since I'm running a fansite about another famous actor, I'm really interested in that.

Tracy
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I really love this site and Tracy I was wondering how did you become Dirk's webmistress? .

Fate ;)

MontanaCowgirl
08-07-2006, 11:19 AM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]
Fate ;)

Now this tells me a lot :roll:

MrsSpooky
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]
Fate ;)

ROFL!!

I dunno, I think 'fate' may be the perfect word to describe it. :)

Tracy
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
[quote=MontanaCowgirl]
Fate ;)

ROFL!!

I dunno, I think 'fate' may be the perfect word to describe it. :)

It is ;)

ostarella
02-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Hope this is the right place for this one

I get notifications when there's a new post in topics I've already posted in, but find I miss some new topics and a lot of new messages because I haven't actually posted. Is it possible to have a new setting where we can be notified of any new posts? It's just that, like a lot of us, I don't always have a chance to check the site every day, let alone check through all pages for new stuff, and there's a lot of interesting things being discussed that I don't get a chance to butt in on :lol:

bbbear97
02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Hope this is the right place for this one

I get notifications when there's a new post in topics I've already posted in, but find I miss some new topics and a lot of new messages because I haven't actually posted. Is it possible to have a new setting where we can be notified of any new posts? It's just that, like a lot of us, I don't always have a chance to check the site every day, let alone check through all pages for new stuff, and there's a lot of interesting things being discussed that I don't get a chance to butt in on :lol:

Ostralla,

If you click on the link "Show New Posts Since Last Visit" it'll give you a list of everything new.

ostarella
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. It might be that when I get a notification and use the link to go directly to that message, the site records that visit and then later, when I click on the "new posts" button, it goes from that visit, and not the last "whole site" one.

John Pickard
02-15-2007, 11:58 PM
That's actually part of the software. When you log in this time, it will show the threads have had new posts since your last visit. If you don't visit them before you leave, your visit is logged and the next time you visit only the threads that have been posted in since your last visit will be displayed.

The easiest fix is to go ahead and follow the link from the notification - and once you've read that post, click on the "Dirks' Works Forum Index" link at the top left and see what other conversation have been continued since the last visit.

That's what I do.

I am
Dawg
8)

DonnaRedRockMom
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks Dawg for all you do here

.....I have a request that may not be able to be fullfilled but hey it can't hurt to ask

in the chat room there are a few that find it hard to follow and keep up with who is saying what

....I know that other chats that I have hosted the users can choose a color for their posts and then they can follow certain colors and know who is talking easier

is it possible to add this feature to our chat room????

thanks and I hope you can make one of the monthly chats soon

take care,
Donna

Tracy
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM

.....I have a request that may not be able to be fullfilled but hey it can't hurt to ask

in the chat room there are a few that find it hard to follow and keep up with who is saying what

....I know that other chats that I have hosted the users can choose a color for their posts and then they can follow certain colors and know who is talking easier

take care,
Donna

The chatroom is freeware and upgrading it to full features costs $$$$.

DonnaRedRockMom
03-10-2007, 09:23 AM

take care,
Donna

The chatroom is freeware and upgrading it to full features costs $$$$.

$$$$$$-UGH ..........Like I said...the chat room is great!!!!!......it is just fine like it is!!!!!

....it has become a popular place and I hope it continues to grow....it is fun having people from all over the world show up and spend a little time together....just about any subject is shared

...thanks for having a chat room for us

Donna :lol:

MontanaCowgirl
03-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey Tracy, can you tell us when the new layout will be online? I'm really curious to see it ;)

Tracy
03-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Tracy, can you tell us when the new layout will be online? I'm really curious to see it ;)

Once I get time.
I recently started a new job and am swamped with real life :)

Tracy

ostarella
03-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Did I miss something? New layout?

MontanaCowgirl
04-01-2007, 08:06 AM

Once I get time.
I recently started a new job and am swamped with real life :)

Tracy

Congrats for the new job!
I understand you, of course. I'm busy with studies at the moment and can hardly update my own websites. I wish it was already June :(

bibbi
04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Tracy! :D
New layout? :? I like this layout....:D
I am interested in seeing what the updated site will look like.
I think it's going to be AWESOME! :D

Take care,
Anne :)

p.s. I am a little confused .... :? I read some of the earlier posts...Is this done already??