PDA

View Full Version : Please share your recipes and shopping ideas

DonnaRedRockMom
08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
It would be nice if we could share things that are working in your diet/life for you in this section

....I don't know about you but I can use all the help and advice in knowing how to navigate around the health food stores and in a healthy kitchen as well....we can all learn new things from each other

.....things like I now use stevia in place of sweeteners...it is actually sweeter than sugar and much better for you...I even have a stevia plant and use the leaves in tea

I have also found some great ideas for recipes in Marilu Henner's books..."Healthy Life Kitchen" is my favorite one

of course there is a great books from the Kushi Institute...my new favorite one is "The Complete Guide to Macrobiotic Cooking" by Aveline Kushi

we have found some great ways of making miso soups....we use all kinds of veggies in it and have it daily...daikon is always added around here

Rice Dream milk is our favorite of the milk substitutes....when cooking we find a few of the soy ones are cheaper.....for oatmeal cooking w/Rice Dream is our favorite though

So how about you....are there things or ideas that you find helpful???....If so please share!!!