PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Benedict in the 25th Century (Review)

Cassiebsg
05-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Well, I started reading this today and I'm loving it... so why not do a small review now that I'm about half way of it? I'll add later more about it, when I finish it.

Anyway on to the review... first I must add that having read confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy and Then We Went Fishing first, has added a hole deal of enjoyment to the comic... How you may ask? By making the events more credible!
When I first heard of the comic (back on 2015), and saw a bit of it, I thought "ah... riiggghht... as if... ". But knowing his past that he played (American) football, hunted as kid, his life philosophy, how much exercise and how tip-toe he keeps his body fit and working just right, the fact that he's a pilot and has drove big fast sport cars, and and... makes the actions in the comic become more believable. :D And that is just plain awesome!

Art:
The first comic had a very dynamic art, the artist, seems to be great depicting action and movement. Unfortunately he didn't really managed on the art of facial recognition. Dirk could be very well be just about any other "anime" character in another comic or cartoon.
The second artist, managed to grab Dirk perfectly... only he seemed to be drawing Starbuck with Starbuck (and early A-Team) hair... and 30 years younger! Not a single wrinkle in sight... Wish the artist had looked at Dirk and not Starbuck or Faceman to draw him... His dynamic for action, movement and detail are though almost non existent. Makes me wish the first artist to do draw the panels and characters and the second to just do faces... then it would be perfect. Team work! ;)

Story:
Well, seems like very standard story, nothing too innovating and ground breaking. Just some fun and sometimes that's all a comic needs to be. And this one it is (for me anyway). ;)

Half-way impression:
Money well spent! I'm enjoying the story and having fun "watching" Dirk not act (or act) in the 25th century. :D And the in jokes work very well too.

Finished! :D
The end was good and I liked the twist (not the obvious one, but the one after that with time!).
Hope they do another one, though they probably won't... who knows?

Cassiebsg
05-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Okay, I found this interview about the comic. Not sure If it's been posted here yet or not... I have yet to read every post, so sorry if it has...
Also if it hasn't and the mod thinks this is better as a separate thread, feel free to split the post apart. ;)

https://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/01/25/interview-the-a-team-battlestar-galactica-actor-dirk-benedict

Vballspieler
05-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Very nice interview. I haven't read these yet. They are on my to-do list.

LittleMonkeyDog
05-11-2018, 05:25 AM
Loved reading this interview.