PDA

View Full Version : The A-team's businesses

Vballspieler
10-29-2017, 11:43 PM
So, I was watching A-team and was wondering what businesses they are part owners of. They have an interest in the Lone Star Cab and they set up the Chinese guy with a restaurant in "the Maltese Cow". What other business interests do you remember?

LittleMonkeyDog
10-30-2017, 05:03 AM
So, I was watching A-team and was wondering what businesses they are part owners of. They have an interest in the Lone Star Cab and they set up the Chinese guy with a restaurant in "the Maltese Cow". What other business interests do you remember?

They really liked Chinese restaurants, because if I'm not mistaking there's this second restaurant (owner and his daughter). The place was demolished at one time by the Chinese tong. I can't remember the name of the episode right now. They also have some interests in a diamond mine.
These are the first things I thought of when I read this new thread, VBS. Maybe I'll come up with some more ...

Vballspieler
11-01-2017, 10:51 PM
I am working on a short story for another thread, but i need some help. Please weigh in as to the following questions:

1. What kind of legal arrangement do you think Face had with these business interests? Do you think he conducted business for the Ateam as a partnership? (one bank account to get paid with and to withdraw money to pay their expenses for each job.)
or do you think he kept everything separate so that they each cleared "x" amount instead of the team clearing "X" amount?

(example: the joint bank account for the Dirkette's to pay travel expenses for each summit or do we finance our own travel based on what is left in our personal account?)

so, the choices are:
partnership
individually (sole proprietorship for each)
corporation

2. What kind of benefits do you think he invested in? I know that 401(k) was mentioned. Do you think he also had health/medical insurance, for instance?

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to find out what you think....

InACupFool
11-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Fun question. Let's see...

They were partners in the Lone Star cab co. and the Chinese restaurant. I think those were the only two they actually had partial ownership in.

There were businesses that they took a profit from in lieu of payment until their fees were paid. The diamond mine, the hotel in Florida, the ruins in South America, the soda factory...

Then there were the business ventures that led to cases: Face's boxer, the movie company (Where is the Monster When you Need Him), they bought the homeless shelter in Road to Hope, the house in There Goes the Neighborhood, the music business in Cowboy George.

THEN (lol) there were the ones they kind of maybe owned or a combo of the above options. the restaurant/inn in Water, Water Everywhere, BA's mom's building, the homeless shelter, the shipwreck treasures.

In retrospect, they actually never made any money ever. :))

Vballspieler
11-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Fun question. Let's see...

They were partners in the Lone Star cab co. and the Chinese restaurant. I think those were the only two they actually had partial ownership in.

There were businesses that they took a profit from in lieu of payment until their fees were paid. The diamond mine, the hotel in Florida, the ruins in South America, the soda factory...

Then there were the business ventures that led to cases: Face's boxer, the movie company (Where is the Monster When you Need Him), they bought the homeless shelter in Road to Hope, the house in There Goes the Neighborhood, the music business in Cowboy George.

THEN (lol) there were the ones they kind of maybe owned or a combo of the above options. the restaurant/inn in Water, Water Everywhere, BA's mom's building, the homeless shelter, the shipwreck treasures.

In retrospect, they actually never made any money ever. :))

Or so we were led to believe. ..... however, Face bought at least two cars. I would say fancy apartments, but we know he scammed those, along with supplies for the Chinese restaurant.

Hmmm. You gave me some food for thought. Thanks!!!!

LittleMonkeyDog
11-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Or so we were led to believe. ..... however, Face bought at least two cars. I would say fancy apartments, but we know he scammed those, along with supplies for the Chinese restaurant.

Hmmm. You gave me some food for thought. Thanks!!!!

Not to mention his expensive taste in clothes (and I think he did buy those). And didn't he have some money in his will that would go to the orphanage in case he died (episode when he had to marry the client)?

InACupFool
11-03-2017, 03:36 AM
I would guess they definitely had investments from the few times they did get paid and Face invested very well and then scammed anything else he wanted/needed. There were also 10 years worth of jobs before we saw anything in the show. I just think they usually ended up doing more charity than muscle-for-hire work.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, VBS!