PDA

View Full Version : Face's appearance on amazing stories

Vballspieler
10-01-2017, 03:44 PM
There is a post of the Amazing Stories episode on the A-team fan page website on facebook. I haven't ever seen this episode, but it was hilarious. Face appears in this guy's living room. Dirk stays totally in character, which makes the episode incredibly funny.

If you have the option to view, you really should. You will enjoy. :))

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-01-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm not on the FB page, so I did some Google searching and found the episode on the NBC official website. I don't know if that's what was linked on Facebook, so I'll include the link here: https://www.nbc.com/amazing-stories/video/remote-control-man/2909101 It's good quality if you're willing to put up with a few ads.

According to IMDb, the episode aired December 8, 1985, which was during Season 4 of the A-Team between "There Goes the Neighborhood" (Dec 3) and "The Doctor is Out" (Dec 10). (Yes, I know I overdo it on the research :p) Assuming it was filmed relatively close to when it aired, that probably made it easier for Dirk to stay in character, even though he was acting in a completely different setting. And everyone would have been familiar with the A-Team at the time, which made it very funny.

I wasn't familiar with Spielberg's Amazing Stories before now. I remember seeing this episode on Dirk's credit list on IMDb and wondering what it was. The cover for Amazing Stories reminds me of a documentary, so I thought it would be episodes covering real-life heroic stories (think firefighters), and in that case Dirk was playing another, more serious character who happened to be named "Face." But this was much better. :))

Vballspieler
10-01-2017, 10:37 PM
I'm not on the FB page, so I did some Google searching and found the episode on the NBC official website. I don't know if that's what was linked on Facebook, so I'll include the link here: https://www.nbc.com/amazing-stories/video/remote-control-man/2909101 It's good quality if you're willing to put up with a few ads.

According to IMDb, the episode aired December 8, 1985, which was during Season 4 of the A-Team between "There Goes the Neighborhood" (Dec 3) and "The Doctor is Out" (Dec 10). (Yes, I know I overdo it on the research :p) Assuming it was filmed relatively close to when it aired, that probably made it easier for Dirk to stay in character, even though he was acting in a completely different setting. And everyone would have been familiar with the A-Team at the time, which made it very funny.

I wasn't familiar with Spielberg's Amazing Stories before now. I remember seeing this episode on Dirk's credit list on IMDb and wondering what it was. The cover for Amazing Stories reminds me of a documentary, so I thought it would be episodes covering real-life heroic stories (think firefighters), and in that case Dirk was playing another, more serious character who happened to be named "Face." But this was much better. :))

After installing the app, I can now watch the episode any where. They also have Battlestar Galactica available. Season 1 & 2. I take offense to this as it should be BSG and Galactica 1980. Return of Starbuck is included. That's the good news.

And LD, I like that you do the research. I just won't call you "anal," just thorough.:)

LittleMonkeyDog
10-02-2017, 12:53 AM
I've tried to watch this twice - on FB and with the link here - and was unsuccesful twice :( Can't watch this episode from your current location. I so want to see this !!!!

Oh btw, LD, I don't think you're overdoing it on reasearch. I'm a big fan of thorough research myself ;)

InACupFool
10-02-2017, 02:20 AM
I think I first saw it on YouTube so you might try there. If I'm remembering correctly, the quality wasn't great but it was watchable. :)

I've tried to watch this twice - on FB and with the link here - and was unsuccesful twice :( Can't watch this episode from your current location. I so want to see this !!!!

Oh btw, LD, I don't think you're overdoing it on reasearch. I'm a big fan of thorough research myself ;)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-02-2017, 04:34 AM
I think I first saw it on YouTube so you might try there. If I'm remembering correctly, the quality wasn't great but it was watchable. :)

Yes, I did find it on YouTube as well while searching, and it is just like you said.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-02-2017, 04:40 AM

Why, thank you. :) I was just talking with someone yesterday about how the internet has changed the way we view and store information. There's an irresistible allure for me in finding the answer to every "why" and "how" question. I can see you feeling much the same way.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-02-2017, 04:44 AM
After installing the app, I can now watch the episode any where. They also have Battlestar Galactica available. Season 1 & 2. I take offense to this as it should be BSG and Galactica 1980. Return of Starbuck is included. That's the good news.

And LD, I like that you do the research. I just won't call you "anal," just thorough.:)

Thank you so much for informing me there is an app. I have installed it and am excited to watch BSG anywhere, including RoS. :)

The thing is, if you did call me anal, you wouldn't be wrong... ;)

LittleMonkeyDog
10-02-2017, 06:52 AM
Why, thank you. :) I was just talking with someone yesterday about how the internet has changed the way we view and store information. There's an irresistible allure for me in finding the answer to every "why" and "how" question. I can see you feeling much the same way.

Oh yes, absolutely. I plead guilty :p