PDA

View Full Version : Melinda Culea on Star Trek

Ludlum'sDaughter14
09-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Was catching up on Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes today and discovered Melinda Culea (aka Amy Allen) in an episode from Season 5. She played "the main alien" in the episode and was a love interest for Riker. She also hailed from an androgynous race, so her appearance was slightly... altered. ;)

InACupFool
09-30-2017, 11:28 PM
I remember watching this episode as a kid and realizing it was "Amy". Not my favorite TNG episode but it was fun to see her in it!

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-01-2017, 12:20 AM
I remember watching this episode as a kid and realizing it was "Amy". Not my favorite TNG episode but it was fun to see her in it!

Yeah, that episode blatantly presented its social agenda, but I liked watching her play a very different role.

Are you a TNG fan too? Awesome! I first got into TNG by watching the episodes with Dwight Schultz as Barclay. Of all the Star Trek series I've seen, TNG is still my favorite.

LittleMonkeyDog
10-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Never seen this before, but I also like to see actors in different roles.

InACupFool
10-02-2017, 02:28 AM
Yes! Love TNG - it's my favorite ST series, too!

There were a few guest stars that appeared on both TNG and TAT. Watch Devil's Due and see if you can guess who "Ardra" played in an A-Team episode. :D

Yeah, that episode blatantly presented its social agenda, but I liked watching her play a very different role.

Are you a TNG fan too? Awesome! I first got into TNG by watching the episodes with Dwight Schultz as Barclay. Of all the Star Trek series I've seen, TNG is still my favorite.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-02-2017, 04:49 AM
Yes! Love TNG - it's my favorite ST series, too!

There were a few guest stars that appeared on both TNG and TAT. Watch Devil's Due and see if you can guess who "Ardra" played in an A-Team episode. :D

Yes, there is a lot of overlap of guest stars between the two shows. I like trying to remember which A-Team episode I saw the actor in. That being said, I've seen Devil's Due a while back, and I don't remember recognizing the actress. I guess that means I'll have to watch it again. ;)

InACupFool
10-03-2017, 02:23 AM
It's one of my favorites but I have a lot of those.

I had to look up the episode titles but I remember the characters - for a really hard one, the female scientist in Suspicions also played the female Captain in Yesterday's Enterprise and she was a memorable character on TAT.

I love trying to place actors in different things I've seen, too. Maybe a little too much. :))

Yes, there is a lot of overlap of guest stars between the two shows. I like trying to remember which A-Team episode I saw the actor in. That being said, I've seen Devil's Due a while back, and I don't remember recognizing the actress. I guess that means I'll have to watch it again. ;)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-03-2017, 06:43 PM
I had to look up the episode titles but I remember the characters - for a really hard one, the female scientist in Suspicions also played the female Captain in Yesterday's Enterprise and she was a memorable character on TAT.

Ooh, I have an advantage on this one. Yesterday's Enterprise was memorable for me partly because I recognized the Captain from the A-Team. Actually, now that I think about it, she was a captain on there too.

Hannibal: You must have been a Captain. You'll forgive me if I don't salute.
Face: He's a Colonel.

I haven't watched any A-Team for several months at least, but I've seen that episode enough times to have it practically memorized. :D

Vballspieler
10-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Ooh, I have an advantage on this one. Yesterday's Enterprise was memorable for me partly because I recognized the Captain from the A-Team. Actually, now that I think about it, she was a captain on there too.

I haven't watched any A-Team for several months at least, but I've seen that episode enough times to have it practically memorized. :D

Oh, you're talking about the doctor that patched up BA in Bad Rock.

However, for those of us non-star trek fans, TAT? Was ist das?

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-04-2017, 01:08 AM

I have learned that TAT = The A-Team.

TNG, as you may know, = The Next Generation.

So let it be written; so let it be done.

LittleMonkeyDog
10-04-2017, 03:27 PM

Ah yes ... Maggie Sullivan. I loved her on TAT :D

InACupFool
10-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Yes! Maggie Sullivan!