PDA

View Full Version : Dress to impress

LittleMonkeyDog
09-07-2017, 01:00 AM
We all know Face liked to look good all the time !!!! So I came up with a few questions to discuss:

1. What outfit of Face did you like the most? Why?
2. What color did you like him to wear? Why?
3. Any color/outfit you didn't like? Why?
4. If you would be his (=Face) personal stylist what would you suggest he should wear to make the 'best dressed list'?

Have fun :D

Flygirl
09-07-2017, 12:26 PM
We all know Face liked to look good all the time !!!! So I came up with a few questions to discuss:

4. If you would be his (=Face) personal stylist what would you suggest he should wear to make the 'best dressed list'?

I have to admit, I can't recall a lot of them that weren't boring suits. But my favorites off the top of my head were the preppy blue and white sweater from the wedding episode and the army green safari outfit in the Only Church in Town.

Comedy-wise, I liked the purple pimp coat - I think it was in Chopping Spree?

I like the personal stylist question, but I'm really not skilled in that area. I do think Dirk looks great in blue. Brings out his eyes.

Vballspieler
09-07-2017, 12:38 PM

1. The red and black waiter outfit in the episode he gets married. Why? Because he looks good in red.

2. I like it when he wore blue as it made his eyes stand out and it's my favorite color. I also really like the red outfits.

3. The lavender coat. I don't know why.

4. A tux with red accents (scarf, hankie, cumberbund, etc).

;)

LittleMonkeyDog
09-07-2017, 04:08 PM

And so I get to answer my own question(s) :p

1. I can't decide what outfit I liked the most. I liked him in jeans and a leather jacket, because it made him look tough and handsome at the same time. I also loved him in a suit, because he looked so very sophisticated in them. As for specific clothing items I really liked the navy/white striped sweater of the wedding episode and the tank top and shorts of the Bend in the River episode.
2. Blue because it brings out his eyes. I also think red really suits him as well as white. Then again he could even pull off wearing pink and I don't really like that color on a man :p
3. The awful lilac fur coat for obvious reasons (not his color, not his style at all)
4. His personal stylist? Oh yes. Where do I apply for the job :p
I would go for a tux with a white vest and black pants and light blue details to once again bring out his eyes.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Just discovered this thread. Hope you'll forgive me for being a little late to the fashion show.

1. The green outfit in Only Church in Town because he looks really good in green. Wish he had worn more green throughout the series. Only other occasions I remember include military uniforms and prison uniforms.
2. Green, green, green, green, green. See above. Also it's my favorite color.
3. The yellow shirt and pastel purple sweater in Recipe for Heavy Bread. Not his colors - especially not yellow. The base color of his skin is too dark and on the cooler side.
4. A seersucker suit, 'cause I'm a sucker for seersucker. :p Just kidding. I'm really not a good person to give advice on fashion. But a navy blazer with an argyle vest is always nice - I think he wears that at some point.

NightOwl12
12-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Wow, I'm also just discovering this thread. It looks like fun, so I'll give my answers.

#1.
Hard to say, but I really liked the black shirt and green pants he wore in the Season Five episode, "The Theory of Revolution". Why? I actually can't come up with a valid reason.

#2.
Anything white, green, black, or blue. Those were his best colors, in my own personal opinion.

#3.
The fur coat in that one episode (I believe it was "Trouble on Wheels") and the striped shirt in "'Til Death Do Us Part". The coat was ugly, enough said. The shirt, however...I don't really know.

#4.
I'd go for something a bit simple. A nice pair of jeans with a dark red or perhaps cobalt blue polo shirt. Maybe even his leather jacket to go with it?

LittleMonkeyDog
12-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Just discovered this thread. Hope you'll forgive me for being a little late to the fashion show.
You are forgiven, my dear :)

1. The green outfit in Only Church in Town because he looks really good in green. Wish he had worn more green throughout the series. Only other occasions I remember include military uniforms and prison uniforms.
2. Green, green, green, green, green. See above. Also it's my favorite color.

LOL. It certainly seems to be your favorite color. But I have to agree with you. He looks really good in green.

3. The yellow shirt and pastel purple sweater in Recipe for Heavy Bread. Not his colors - especially not yellow. The base color of his skin is too dark and on the cooler side.

Again I have to agree with you and nothing to add to the accurate explanation as to why yellow SO isn't his color.

LittleMonkeyDog
12-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Wow, I'm also just discovering this thread. It looks like fun, so I'll give my answers.?

Hope you had fun answering the questions :)

#1.
Hard to say, but I really liked the black shirt and green pants he wore in the Season Five episode, "The Theory of Revolution". Why? I actually can't come up with a valid reason.

Nice choice indeed.

#4.
I'd go for something a bit simple. A nice pair of jeans with a dark red or perhaps cobalt blue polo shirt. Maybe even his leather jacket to go with it?

Ah yes. The jeans and leather jacket combo.

LittleMonkeyDog
12-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Since we're getting close to Christmas, I'd like to add one more question to the thread. Suppose you invite "Face" to your Christmas party. What will you tell him to wear?

NightOwl12
12-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Since we're getting close to Christmas, I'd like to add one more question to the thread. Suppose you invite "Face" to your Christmas party. What will you tell him to wear?

Hmm...perhaps a tux with a scarlet or pine green tie?

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-04-2017, 09:00 PM

This.

>:)

NightOwl12
12-04-2017, 09:14 PM
This.

You'd make him wear that? But, isn't torture illegal? :))

Flygirl
12-04-2017, 10:19 PM

A smile. >:)

Flygirl
12-04-2017, 10:19 PM
This.

Haha... thatís awesome :))

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-04-2017, 10:27 PM

And...? AND...?

I thought we were keeping this forum PG-13. :eek: ;)

Vballspieler
12-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Whatever he's most comfortable in. I usually go business casual to dress up a bit, but the rest of my family dresses in jeans and tshirts. When i do holidays on my own, whatever is most comfortable is the dress code of the day.

LittleMonkeyDog
12-05-2017, 12:34 AM
This.

Oh this I wanna see :))

LittleMonkeyDog
12-05-2017, 12:50 AM

Now why did I know you were going to answer this :p

LittleMonkeyDog
12-05-2017, 12:51 AM
Whatever he's most comfortable in. I usually go business casual to dress up a bit, but the rest of my family dresses in jeans and tshirts. When i do holidays on my own, whatever is most comfortable is the dress code of the day.

That's a great idea :)

Vballspieler
12-05-2017, 04:00 PM

No argument from me.

:D

Vballspieler
12-05-2017, 04:02 PM
And...? AND...?

I thought we were keeping this forum PG-13. :eek: ;)

You really want us to answer this... we are trying to keep it pg-13 or at least R-rated.;)

LittleMonkeyDog
12-06-2017, 12:28 AM
You really want us to answer this... we are trying to keep it pg-13 or at least R-rated.;)

I really do :p