PDA

View Full Version : And Then We Went Fishing

FG's Mom
08-25-2017, 09:26 AM
FG"s Mom here. Read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it.I experienced a flash back to my own first experience of giving birth and found myself getting very frustrated at all the obstacles he and his wife had to endure! Loved the way he went from his father's death and the birth. He has great insight into what formed his way of handling both experiences. As a person of his age group I felt a connection with the way he looks back and can see those important life threads which make us who we are. Great job Dirk.

LittleMonkeyDog
08-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm so glad to read you thoroughly enjoyed the book. So did I !!! They did have a lot of obstacles on their path before finally being able to hold their son. And being a mom, I also enjoyed reading the POV of a dad-to-be ;)
He did an awesome job indeed.

Flygirl
08-25-2017, 12:43 PM
Yes!!! I re-read this one, too, before I sent it to my mom, and I really did get more out of it the second time around. I love the way he weaves between the past and the present to get you to understand the connections between his feelings and experiences. (Although the italics are especially critical -- because I'm pretty sure I would have been confused a few times there. That happens to me with movies, too... )

Great job, mom. See, I told you you'd figure out how to get in here and post again on your own.

Ah, parents. Sometimes they just need that little extra push to leave the nest. ;)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
08-25-2017, 11:38 PM
I enjoyed your review, FG's mom, as well as the replies. Nothing to add. :)