PDA

View Full Version : Fanfiction: The Return of Starbuck, Part II

Ludlum'sDaughter14
08-10-2017, 02:16 PM
I haven't actually started a thread for this before, so here it is. This story is the extension of "The Return of Starbuck" that I've been working on for the past few years. It's gone through multiple restarts and changes, but now it's finally heading the right direction, and it's almost finished. There are twelve chapters at the moment, and there are a few more to go before the end. The suspense is building even now. ;)

The story follows "The Return of Starbuck" in a universe where Galactica: 1980 doesn't exist and events still center around the Fleet in space. I've tried my best to stay true to the original BSG characters while fleshing them out and allowing them to develop. The story is entirely from a first-person point of view, but every few chapters have a different narrator. The first section was written long before the others and kept through multiple revisions, but the end plan for the story has remained the same. I needed a satisfying end to "The Return of Starbuck," and I hope that if you feel the same way, you might consider reading my attempt at one.

All the best,
LD14

Synopsis:
After surviving Cylon torture, Starbuck must face the traumatic past and an ominous future if he is to save himself and those he loves.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/1/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

Vballspieler
08-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I haven't actually started a thread for this before, so here it is. This story is the extension of "The Return of Starbuck" that I've been working on for the past few years. It's gone through multiple restarts and changes, but now it's finally heading the right direction, and it's almost finished. There are twelve chapters at the moment, and there are a few more to go before the end. The suspense is building even now. ;)

The story follows "The Return of Starbuck" in a universe where Galactica: 1980 doesn't exist and events still center around the Fleet in space. I've tried my best to stay true to the original BSG characters while fleshing them out and allowing them to develop. The story is entirely from a first-person point of view, but every few chapters have a different narrator. The first section was written long before the others and kept through multiple revisions, but the end plan for the story has remained the same. I needed a satisfying end to "The Return of Starbuck," and I hope that if you feel the same way, you might consider reading my attempt at one.

All the best,
LD14

Synopsis:
After surviving Cylon torture, Starbuck must face the traumatic past and an ominous future if he is to save himself and those he loves.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/1/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

If you are a BSG fan, I highly recommend this story. It's on my "must-read" list.

Flygirl
08-10-2017, 07:40 PM
If you are a BSG fan, I highly recommend this story. It's on my "must-read" list.

Ditto. :)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Guys, I am very excited to announce that I just published the next chapter of RoS2! :D

It's been two months to the day since I published Chapter 12, but after lots of failed attempts and frustration, Chapter 13 has developed and is now here. Part of why it was so hard to write is because it begins the part of the story I've been looking forward to writing since I revised the plot, so it's a pivotal chapter. And despite all the classic feelings of writer's despair that it would ever come out right, it has come out fairly close to what I was trying for. So it is with great relief, surprise, and excitement that I humbly present to you...

Episode 4: Starbuck
Chapter 13 - Judgment Day, Part I

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/13/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

DirknDwight'sfan
10-13-2017, 06:24 PM
I didn't know that you wrote The return of Starbuck. Are you going to finish Making Reservation story? or are you finish it? I wasn't sure.

Flygirl
10-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Just finished the latest chapter. Wow!!! This is fantastic. I don't want to leave any spoilers here... but very excited for the next installment :)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-14-2017, 09:10 PM
I didn't know that you wrote The return of Starbuck. Are you going to finish Making Reservation story? or are you finish it? I wasn't sure.

Thank you for being interested enough to ask! That's very sweet of you. :) At first I was going to write another chapter, but I never got around to it. I couldn't decide if I liked the last chapter or not. And every time I tried to write another chapter, it didn't come out right. Chapter 7 could be the end, so unless I get inspired to write more, the story is finished for now.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
10-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Just finished the latest chapter. Wow!!! This is fantastic. I don't want to leave any spoilers here... but very excited for the next installment :)

Aww, thanks FG! :D

Ludlum'sDaughter14
11-12-2017, 09:08 PM
And here's Chapter 14, which helped keep me sane in my down time while finishing my senior capstone project. I learned some new things about the characters in this chapter, which is my favorite part of writing or reading fanfic, so I hope you enjoy the developments in "Judgment Day, Part II."

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/14/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

Updates as they occur. ;)

LittleMonkeyDog
11-13-2017, 12:24 AM
That's awesome news !!! Gonna read it for sure. I also like the learning part a lot :)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-03-2017, 05:16 PM
And it's that time again. At this rate, I may have this story finished before next spring. And then I will be channeling the second picture:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/0d/96/93/0d96931c59bcf9d9c36b9b2514057de7--tenth-doctor-the-doctor.jpg

Chapter 15: Judgment Day, Part III

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/15/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

Vballspieler
12-03-2017, 05:48 PM
That's when you start another story...when Starbuck woke from the dream he had....

;) ;)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-04-2017, 12:33 AM
That's when you start another story...when Starbuck woke from the dream he had....

;) ;)

Yeah, and then he goes to see the Galactica's psychiatrist because that was one prolonged and disturbing dream. Or more likely he anchors himself in reality by indulging in one of his many vices. :))

LittleMonkeyDog
12-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Yeah, and then he goes to see the Galactica's psychiatrist because that was one prolonged and disturbing dream. Or more likely he anchors himself in reality by indulging in one of his many vices. :))

:)) :)) :))

LittleMonkeyDog
12-04-2017, 10:55 AM
And it's that time again. At this rate, I may have this story finished before next spring. And then I will be channeling the second picture:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/0d/96/93/0d96931c59bcf9d9c36b9b2514057de7--tenth-doctor-the-doctor.jpg

Chapter 15: Judgment Day, Part III

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/15/The-Return-of-Starbuck-Part-II

I love it !!!

Vballspieler
12-04-2017, 11:33 PM

I see cigars and ambrosia in his future.... maybe some time playing pyramid. you know, just to take the edge off.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
02-13-2018, 11:57 PM
It's been so long since I finished the last chapter that I almost forgot to post the new one on here. Don't worry, I still remembered within 24 hours of publishing. An hour earlier, and it would have been on the same day. ;)

Chapter 16: Judgment Day, Part IV

Story: The Return of Starbuck, Part II
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10548310/16/

LittleMonkeyDog
02-14-2018, 03:43 PM
It's been so long since I finished the last chapter that I almost forgot to post the new one on here. Don't worry, I still remembered within 24 hours of publishing. An hour earlier, and it would have been on the same day. ;)

And it's once again an awesome one. I absolutely loved it :)

Vballspieler
02-15-2018, 01:05 AM

'Tis the season... I'm so happy you posted it here. I have to admit, though, that i'm a bit behind. 'Tis the season for me = tax season. Not as bad in payroll as individual income taxes, but i feel the pain of the tax accountants.

I hope to catch up when i get some nice me-time... or a vacation in Bahston.
;););););););)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
03-18-2018, 12:15 AM
And, despite a rough week and weekend, I managed to top off the finale to this story. I'm a little sad to end this literary journey that's taken me four and a half years, but then I remind myself it isn't over yet - I still have the editing process to look forward to. And though some writers will disagree, I find polishing the rock easier and more fun than digging it out of the ground. Or whatever - I desperately need sleep. So here is the final chapter of RoS2. It's been real, y'all. ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=10548310&chapter=17/

LittleMonkeyDog
03-18-2018, 03:34 PM
And, despite a rough week and weekend, I managed to top off the finale to this story. I'm a little sad to end this literary journey that's taken me four and a half years, but then I remind myself it isn't over yet - I still have the editing process to look forward to. And though some writers will disagree, I find polishing the rock easier and more fun than digging it out of the ground. Or whatever - I desperately need sleep. So here is the final chapter of RoS2. It's been real, y'all. ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=10548310&chapter=17/

Such an awesome story !!! I absolutely loved it from start to end. I'm a little sad myself that it ended, but I'm looking forward to more of your stories.

Flygirl
03-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Such an awesome story !!! I absolutely loved it from start to end. I'm a little sad myself that it ended, but I'm looking forward to more of your stories.

Ditto!!! Loved it from start to finish, and I really can’t wait to read your next one. But it will be hard to top RoS2!

“The more humans talk, the more likely they are to forget the reason they began to talk.” — Cy, Return of Starbuck, Part 2

Ludlum'sDaughter14
03-21-2018, 11:23 PM

I was just looking back at the reviews for previous chapters and saw that you (and FG too) started reviewing at the beginning of the second great rewrite. Hard to believe that was just over a year ago - it feels like it's been so much longer. Your encouraging reviews throughout the writing process definitely helped me to keep going and to finish in as relatively little time as I did. Thanks so much for sticking with me!! I hope the muse continues to inspire you as well! :)

Ludlum'sDaughter14
03-21-2018, 11:38 PM
Ditto!!! Loved it from start to finish, and I really can’t wait to read your next one. But it will be hard to top RoS2!

“The more humans talk, the more likely they are to forget the reason they began to talk.” — Cy, Return of Starbuck, Part 2

LOL! I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little gratifying to be quoted, even if it's words from a Cylon's mouth. :)) Seriously though, when I write stories, I spend 80% of the time trying to ignore the voice in my head saying, "This is crap, this is crap," over and over (no exaggeration; this is a true writerly confession). Having you tell me you actually enjoyed each chapter as you read it meant a lot to me and helped me to keep going. I don't know when or if there will be another story, but if there is, I'm glad to know I'll have you, LMD, and VBS to cheer me on. Thanks for helping me make it through!! :)

LittleMonkeyDog
03-22-2018, 01:33 AM
I was just looking back at the reviews for previous chapters and saw that you (and FG too) started reviewing at the beginning of the second great rewrite. Hard to believe that was just over a year ago - it feels like it's been so much longer. Your encouraging reviews throughout the writing process definitely helped me to keep going and to finish in as relatively little time as I did. Thanks so much for sticking with me!! I hope the muse continues to inspire you as well! :)

You're welcome :) I'm a fan of your writing. And I'm pretty sure the muse will continue to inspire me ;)

LittleMonkeyDog
03-22-2018, 01:48 AM
LOL! I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little gratifying to be quoted, even if it's words from a Cylon's mouth. :)) Seriously though, when I write stories, I spend 80% of the time trying to ignore the voice in my head saying, "This is crap, this is crap," over and over (no exaggeration; this is a true writerly confession). Having you tell me you actually enjoyed each chapter as you read it meant a lot to me and helped me to keep going. I don't know when or if there will be another story, but if there is, I'm glad to know I'll have you, LMD, and VBS to cheer me on. Thanks for helping me make it through!! :)

I have a little confession to make as well: I'm the same. So I understand perfectly what you mean ;)