PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had trouble with the season 1 dvds?

jewels
01-14-2005, 10:28 AM
I need to play another DVD to see if the problem is in my player, but I was getting a lot of errors and grinding noises out of the 1st disk. Like it doesn't want to pull up the menu every time, the first time it went directly to the menu skipping the Universal logo and the copyright/FBI/Interpol warnings. I played the pilot then couldn't get a menu to work. The VCR is maybe 4 months old.

Just wondering if any of that sounds like a dud DVD.

Jewels

Tracy
01-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Jewels,

I got the DVD set months ago and have yet to sit and actually watch it! I guess I should throw in a couple to try them out and make sure they're working ;)

ostarella
01-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I've noticed that same thing - thought it was my player but maybe not...doesn't happen on all the discs. Eventually it does work but it can be very frustrating...

jules48
01-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I've had the same trouble with my DVD set. One of the disks and two eps kept freezing right in the middle and I had a lot of trouble getting past that section.

Julia

ostarella
01-16-2005, 02:35 AM
I've sent an email to Universal describing the problem (noting that it isn't just my copy doing it). Will have to see if they respond at all...

Tracy
01-16-2005, 02:39 AM
I really should check out my DVD's to see if I'm getting the same problem.
If they are faulty, Universal should be told so they don't have the same problems with season 2 when it comes out :)

ostarella
01-17-2005, 10:56 AM
This is the reply I got from Universal regarding this problem, for what it's worth...

Subject: RE: The A-Team Season One (1st and 2nd disc freeze )
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:47:45 -0600

Thank you for contacting us.

We suggest that you test your DVD/VHS on another player. If the same
thing occurs, please return the product to your retailer for replacement.
If the retailer is not able to exchange it for you, please contact us
again. We would then ask you to send the item to us, along with a copy
of your receipt showing purchase within 30 days. You would receive your
replacement within 6 to 8 weeks.

Please be aware we only support customers with U.S., U.S. Territory,
and APO/FPO shipping addresses, and Region I DVDs only.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment

jewels
01-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Sounds like we all need to complain directly to Universal. It will be interesting to see if my replacement disks have the same problem. Columbia house didn't even question once I described the problem.

I had the most problems with Disk 1, Disk 3 was less buggy.

Jewels

KINGFISH
01-28-2005, 05:32 PM
What dvd player are you using?

jewels
01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Toshiba, it's only a few months old.

Columbia House sent me a new batch and they seem fine. Most still won't return to the menu when they are done with an episode, but at least they access the Uni logo clip, the copyright notice, the main menu and the episode menus. That first set was so mucked up it wouldn't even get to the copyright notice when I tried disk 1 again. :roll:

Jewels

KINGFISH
01-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Toshiba, it's only a few months old.

Columbia House sent me a new batch and they seem fine. Most still won't return to the menu when they are done with an episode, but at least they access the Uni logo clip, the copyright notice, the main menu and the episode menus. That first set was so mucked up it wouldn't even get to the copyright notice when I tried disk 1 again. :roll:

Jewels

That helps. Not all disks will play on all machines. This is a common problem which dvd manufactures have come to realize as stated on the carton the player comes in.