PDA

View Full Version : Triscuits.

Flygirl
01-17-2017, 02:04 PM
I'm a BIG fan of Triscuits (pre-MB diet). My favorite variety is rye with caraway seeds. Looking at the ingredients - whole grain wheat, vegetable oil (soybean or canola), whole grain rye, caraway seeds, sea salt. My question is, is there anything here I shouldn't have - e.g., vegetable oil? Is there an organic triscuit equivalent?

Flygirl
01-17-2017, 02:10 PM
I should add that I just took a look at the Triscuit flavors my husband eats (yes we have 4 boxes of Triscuits in our house), rosemary, garlic, etc... and all those seem to have a lot more chemicals added. The rye with caraway seeds is the more plain, natural one, apparently. And also my favorite in terms of taste.

ojai22
01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
All that I've read about Canola oil says don't use it even if it's organic It was an oil that was used industrially, then changed a bit and sold as a vegetable oil. Most all canola is GMO.

People who are interested only in profits will sell you anything. :mad:

Flygirl
01-17-2017, 07:27 PM
All that I've read about Canola oil says don't use it even if it's organic It was an oil that was used industrially, then changed a bit and sold as a vegetable oil. Most all canola is GMO.

People who are interested only in profits will sell you anything. :mad:

See... I'm confused because that's how it's listed "vegetable oil (soybean or canola)". It would be nice if they just made up their minds and told me what is in them. LOL :p

ojai22
01-17-2017, 07:33 PM
You might like these__

Back to Nature brand, sesame seed rice thin crackers.

There are Brown Rice Chips, which is a macrobiotic specialty.

And there are Eden's Brown Rice Crackers, which are terrific.

Flygirl
01-17-2017, 07:37 PM
You might like these__

Back to Nature brand, sesame seed rice thin crackers.

There are Brown Rice Chips, which is a macrobiotic specialty.

And there are Eden's Brown Rice Crackers, which are terrific.

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Nairn's (sp?) oat crackers, which were OK but a little papery, rather than crunchy. I was looking for the crunch. I could eat Lundberg brown rice cakes all day long.

Sassy Devil
10-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Pretty much all fruits and veggies are GMO. Have you seen what watermelon and bananas looked like originally? I know they're not the best thing for macrobiotics, but these are just a couple of examples. Bananas had big seeds. Some Googling should bring up pics.