PDA

View Full Version : A-Team bloopers and jokes on YouTube

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Have you guys seen these videos by Choppercrazy? They show some inconsistencies throughout the series as well as several unscripted moments that are really funny! I enjoy them every time I watch them.

The first one: "bloopers and jokes" https://youtu.be/uzFZTOI4QUA

The second one: "bloopers and jokes part 2" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4OilHo4LI

Vballspieler
12-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Have you guys seen these videos by Choppercrazy? They show some inconsistencies throughout the series as well as several unscripted moments that are really funny! I enjoy them every time I watch them.

The first one: "bloopers and jokes" https://youtu.be/uzFZTOI4QUA

The second one: "bloopers and jokes part 2" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4OilHo4LI

Me, too. This translated version is funnier because Face wears "blouses" not dress shirts. Wonder what he thinks of that blooper?

LittleMonkeyDog
12-17-2016, 06:02 AM
I so love these bloopers and inconsistencies so much. I've also watched them a couple of times already.
While watching the episodes on DVD now, I have to laugh every time I see one of the inconsistencies. It looks like Dirk really did get hurt badly while tumbling down that fence ...

anneg1026
12-17-2016, 11:13 AM
I so love these bloopers and inconsistencies so much. I've also watched them a couple of times already.
While watching the episodes on DVD now, I have to laugh every time I see one of the inconsistencies.

Like the very obvious stunt doubles... Lol

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Me, too. This translated version is funnier because Face wears "blouses" not dress shirts. Wonder what he thinks of that blooper?

Yes, the translation is even better :))

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-17-2016, 11:30 AM
While watching the episodes on DVD now, I have to laugh every time I see one of the inconsistencies. It looks like Dirk really did get hurt badly while tumbling down that fence ...

It looked like he lost control on the way down and landed harder than planned. Oops.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
12-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Like the very obvious stunt doubles... Lol

I read somewhere that one or more members of the fake A-Team in the episode "Showdown" was an actual stunt double.

John Pickard
12-17-2016, 11:55 AM
FYI, Choppercrazy is a member here, although she hasn't been around for several years. She's Dutch.

And yes, Dirk did hurt himself during an A-Team stunt and the injury has resurfaced on occasion.

LittleMonkeyDog
12-17-2016, 01:33 PM
And yes, Dirk did hurt himself during an A-Team stunt and the injury has resurfaced on occasion.

Oh no :(

Vballspieler
12-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Oh no :(

I second that.

Ouch!

Flygirl
12-17-2016, 03:52 PM
That stinks. :(

Worker's comp?? ;)

I noticed that Dirk and Dwight seemed to do a lot more of their own physical activity than the others. At least it seemed like whenever George or T was doing anything the slightest bit physically stressing, there was a very obvious stunt double. But unless it was dangerous, Dirk and Dwight were actually doing it -- the soda company episode comes to mind... they ran up a bunch of stairs, scaled around the side of a metal dome when they were breaking in to this factory... seemed to be no stunt doubles there at all.

I'm not surprised Peppard would want to use doubles, being a movie star and all, but T? I mean, he was a bouncer. He could obv take the punishment.

LittleMonkeyDog
12-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Yes I seem to have noticed that too. Maybe they had a choice in the matter. I think I've asked him that question ... if I can remember correctly.
I'm sure T could do it, but wasn't he supposed to be the 'star' ??? Maybe they did want anything to happen to him.

John Pickard
12-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Insurance companies are notorious for not liking high-priced actors do their own stunts...

Flygirl
12-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Insurance companies are notorious for not liking high-priced actors do their own stunts...

LMD, I wonder, too, if the actors get to have any influence on when and how often the stunt doubles are used... Like John said, they are probably banned from certain activities for insurance reasons. But then why would some of the actors be allowed to perform "stunts" the others can't, or won't do? I'm sure Dirk was extremely high-priced... Maybe not as much as George Peppard, but I would think it was close. I don't know if George did much work after Breakfast at Tiffany's and prior to the A-Team (?) -- and Dirk was just coming off BSG, which was huge! He was probably more recognizable at that time. (I'm entirely guessing, though. I wouldn't presume to know how any contract stuff is decided.) And I swear he did some "stunts" that George and T didn't do. Maybe it's all in my head because I was paying a little more attention to Dirk. ;)

I'm curious about how involved the insurance companies would be in production decisions like that... Would there be thousands of pages of legalese up front, describing exactly which situations and conditions require a stunt double? Or is there an insurance rep on the set at all times shaking his head whenever he thinks his asset is in a potentially hazardous situation?

LittleMonkeyDog
12-18-2016, 03:10 AM
I hav to plead guilty. I was also paying a lot of attention to Dirk ;)
I think you could have a point that he was high-priced at that time. That could have influenced certain things. Especially when you want to do a certain stunt and you're not allowed to for those reasons. Now I'm getting kinda curious what his answer to the question will be.

Flygirl
12-18-2016, 07:22 PM
I hav to plead guilty. I was also paying a lot of attention to Dirk ;)

How could you not??? :D

I think you could have a point that he was high-priced at that time. That could have influenced certain things. Especially when you want to do a certain stunt and you're not allowed to for those reasons. Now I'm getting kinda curious what his answer to the question will be.

Yes, I had to go back to the questions to remind myself. I'm really glad you asked that!

LittleMonkeyDog
12-19-2016, 12:13 AM
How could you not??? :D

Yes, I had to go back to the questions to remind myself. I'm really glad you asked that!

Yes ... well if he wasn't that damn handsome :))
Thanks.