PDA

View Full Version : DB Central has a new owner/operator

Tracy
08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Dear forum members,

After over a decade of being the owner/operator of Dirk Benedict Central.com I have decided to step down and pass the mantle to the very deserving, our own "great wise guru", Lt. Dawg.

John Pickard, who also webmasters for Laurette Spang, has graciously accepted and I know he is the best man to continue to be Dirk's liason to his fans.

I wish John all the very best for DBCentral.com's future :D

I will be staying on as a regular member and as part of John's support team ( moderator ).

I have had a lot of great times, have learned much, and am so grateful for the opportunity to represent Dirk for over ten years.

I am sure you will all join me in wishing John, Dirk, and the websites' future great success!

Best to all and see ya around the boards!

Tracy
Former Owner/DBC....retired ;)

pinar
08-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for 10 years Tracy. :)

And congratulations John.
Do you think designing a new site? I hope you do.

John Pickard
08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Awww - thanks for the kind words, Tracy. I'm happy to be able to step up and continue what you've built here. Like the old saying: "The more things change, the more they stay the same," I don't plan on making any significant changes to the site. We will still have the latest Dirk news, still have the great discussions...

Pinar, I'm always open to new ideas, so whenever I talk to our design wizard (and good friend) our website designs are often a topic of conversation. We'll just see what the future holds.

I'm looking forward to this great adventure.

I am
Dawg

ostarella
08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Best of luck to both of you! :D

Lucia Helena
08-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Hello everyone ...
I'm here just three years.
I was very well received. I made great friends ... Friends forever ...
I'm happy for you, Dawg ...
I want to be here and read news from Dirk for many years ...
I love this place ...
Kisses from Brasil

Zilfstar
08-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Tracy: Thanks for all your hard work here on the Central.

Dawg: I think you are the best in line to try to fill Tracy's footsteps.

I hope the Central will stay alive (it has been a bit quiet here...)

John Pickard
08-12-2011, 09:07 AM
It is a bit quiet here, but it's also summer here in the northern hemisphere and that means people are away from their computers more. I'm sure that as we get closer to fall (and school) we'll see people coming in to tell us how their summer holidays went!

I am
Dawg

Flash
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I have no doubt that DBC in is best hands. Thanks for becoming our new 'head cheese', Dawg, and all the best!

And thanks to you, Tracy, for doing such a great work for years. You made DBC the wonderful place it still is - even if it is quiet lately.

Sharon
08-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I wish both of you well in your new roles. Hopefully, I will be checking in more often. Take care Tracy...good luck!

sara
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Tracy!
I've just come back to this awesome forum after a few years...
Probably you won't remember about me but I do remember about you and your great work here. Just wantefd to say thank you for everything you've been doing over here.
You'll be missed...
Dawg... I wish you the best of luck as our captain! :)

Emily
08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh !! Iím sorry I havenít read this before Ö I wish you all best of luck in your new roles and I hope with all my heart there is DBC for ever Ö I think Dirk deserves it ...

Love,

Em

Christy
09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Many Thanks Tracy for all you've done and I wish you ALL the BEST !! :)
Dawg/John/Oh "great wise guru", CONGRATS !!..lead on...:) :cool:

bibbi
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Tracy, wishing you All the Best. :)
You've done a fantastic job. :D
Congrats to John.
My apologies to you both for not replying sooner.
If either of you are in my area, please don't hesitate to visit! ;)
You're both always Welcome!