PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Fan Mail

Tracy
04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Dear Friends,

Over the years, Dirk has received your good wishes and requests for autographs, etc. But alas...as they say "All good things must come to an end". Therefore, Dirk is retiring his autograph pen with regards to requests sent to him in Big Sky country. Not to despair! If you happen to catch him at a convention in your area, he will have it at the ready.

So please be forwarned...ANY mail sent to him in Montana will no longer be answered. If you send precious memorabilia for his signature to be added to a favorite collection, it won't be coming back to you.

The e-mails via this website, for autographs and personal correspondence will also not be answered. Business requests and website queries ONLY please.

Dirk has informed, that he will be stopping by our forums blog section, from time to time, to post a note or two. A "Bard" of a different sort, but entertaining as always.

So! We appreciate your understanding and do know that all the "fan" fare has been, and continues to be appreciated, and we here at Dirk Benedict Central wish all the visitors good health, good luck and best wishes. :-)

Best regards,
The "D" Team

asmay
04-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks Tracy, and duly noted. Looking forward to 'seeing/reading' Dirk on this forum sometime in the future.

Btw, nice touch: the 'D'-team! :cool: Love it! :D:p

bibbi
04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the information Tracy. :)
I also like the D team. :D

Sarika
04-28-2009, 01:17 AM
It must be a lot to keep up with after all these years, and it's understandable why Dirk has made this decision. It is best not to spread ourselves too thin over too many commitments and promises. We all need time just for ourselves to recharge and rejuvenate too. :)To just allow ourselves be.

deebeelicious
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Hope the quiet inspires him to write for his own pleasure.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Zilfstar
09-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Hey! Is there still an adress where you can just you know... send him stuff. I am (if I say myself) quite good at drawing. And like to send him a drawing or two. Just for him to keep (as he no longer comes in the Netherlands I guess) But wanna be sure it gets to him. So NO asking for autographs (I have those already, both books... and met him a few times) Just as a gift to him. Hope you can help me. Z

ojai22
09-22-2016, 05:32 PM
Good luck with that!

John Pickard
09-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Well, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have to tell you that there is no longer an active physical address where you can send something to Dirk.

Over the last couple of years I've seen a couple of addresses for him circulating on the internet, but anything sent to either of them will either get returned or dropped into a black hole, depending on a clerk's mood...

Sorry, Zilfstar.

Zilfstar
10-14-2016, 04:44 AM
Well, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have to tell you that there is no longer an active physical address where you can send something to Dirk.

Over the last couple of years I've seen a couple of addresses for him circulating on the internet, but anything sent to either of them will either get returned or dropped into a black hole, depending on a clerk's mood...

Sorry, Zilfstar.

OK so sorry to hear so. Unfortunately cannot go to meet him (also not in Germany...) and hand deliver it.. But thanks for the info John!

Nance
11-02-2016, 06:44 AM
So there is no way to ask the man a question? I'm not interested in autographs at all so that's not an issue for me haha

Flygirl
11-02-2016, 12:27 PM
It would be REALLY cool if he started blogging on this site - we could just comment in reply so he could read the comments at his leisure.

Does he ever actually read these threads?

Nance
11-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Oh yes... That would be fun. But I don't think he will.

LittleMonkeyDog
11-02-2016, 05:17 PM
It would be REALLY cool if he started blogging on this site - we could just comment in reply so he could read the comments at his leisure.

I'd like that a lot :)

John Pickard
11-02-2016, 11:19 PM
So there is no way to ask the man a question? I'm not interested in autographs at all so that's not an issue for me haha

Good to hear - but at the moment there's nothing there to weed through the self-serving mercenary stuff to get to the real fan interactions he'd enjoy. I think about that, sometimes...

We'll just say he's been known to check things out around here, every now and then.

Oh yes... That would be fun. But I don't think he will.

Why do you think that?

Nance
11-03-2016, 01:18 AM
Good to hear - but at the moment there's nothing there to weed through the self-serving mercenary stuff to get to the real fan interactions he'd enjoy. I think about that, sometimes...

We'll just say he's been known to check things out around here, every now and then.

Why do you think that?

Because he must be busy haha. What keeps me from sending fan mail is the fact that I don't know him at all. We know things about an actor but is that knowing? And he doesn't know us. So what would you talk about when you meet? The weather? I swear actors are almost like real people haha. :)

It must be virtually impossible to weed through the stuff. I'm not sure how many emails Dwight's board generates but it must be a lot. Even though the board itself seems to be wasting away there will always be people trying anyway.

I personally don't get the autograph thing. Then you have a signed item. Woohoo.... what to do with it afterwards...? I don't care for material stuff like that.

Maybe I can send him my autograph :)) hahahaha just in case I ever get famous. ;)

LittleMonkeyDog
11-03-2016, 05:44 AM
Because he must be busy haha. What keeps me from sending fan mail is the fact that I don't know him at all. We know things about an actor but is that knowing? And he doesn't know us. So what would you talk about when you meet? The weather? I swear actors are almost like real people haha. :)

It must be virtually impossible to weed through the stuff. I'm not sure how many emails Dwight's board generates but it must be a lot. Even though the board itself seems to be wasting away there will always be people trying anyway.

I personally don't get the autograph thing. Then you have a signed item. Woohoo.... what to do with it afterwards...? I don't care for material stuff like that.

Maybe I can send him my autograph :)) hahahaha just in case I ever get famous. ;)

Yes, you're right. We don't really know them (or vice versa). I'd love to meet him though and talk about some other stuff besides the weather :p
And I don't want to do that just because he's 'famous'. Not at all! I respect him a lot for his work as an author for instance, so I'd love to talk about writing in general and some of the topics being discussed in his books. He strikes me as a person I could have an intelligent conversation with if you know what I mean.

I also think the board(s) generates lots of request by fans. I guess weeding through all that must be more than a fulltime job :))

I'm not the person to hunt for autographs either. But if I'm not mistaking, I think I already have his autograph in one of my books.

If you're planning on getting famous, I'd like your autograph too :p :))

Flygirl
11-03-2016, 10:03 AM

There's not much to do with it, but it's nice to have a memento when you meet someone who's made a positive impact on your life... The signed photos are OK, but I really treasure my signed copy of CKC. :)

There are 2 people whose autographs I care about - and I was lucky enough to get BOTH of them within the last year! Woo-hoo! I'm done with the autograph thing now, but I'll still go to see Dirk or Dwight speak anytime I can...

Flygirl
11-03-2016, 10:20 AM

Really???

Dirk, if you are reading this...

Hi there! Please come back to Arizona. :)
Also, I would REALLY enjoy reading another blog from you. If the mood strikes. You're an amazing writer.
Also, I think you should have your own cruise out of San Diego or L.A. I'd start saving up immediately. Just saying.
Also, I would like you to consider doing an A-Team voice-over commentary with Dwight and Mr T.
Also, I just saw Georgia, Georgia for the first time last week, and I thought you were brilliant. Listened to the commentary with you and Stig Bjorkman and I agreed it would have been nice to see more of Michael's back story. And I agree the final editing was choppy. It's too bad they changed it so much from what the director's cut.
Also... Well I guess that's it. I just adore you. Have a nice day!

Nance
11-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha

God no! I don't want to be famous. Maybe after I die like famous painters? then my autograph will be worth three times more. :))

LittleMonkeyDog
11-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Really???

Dirk, if you are reading this...

Hi there! Please come back to Arizona. :)
Also, I would REALLY enjoy reading another blog from you. If the mood strikes. You're an amazing writer.
Also, I think you should have your own cruise out of San Diego or L.A. I'd start saving up immediately. Just saying.
Also, I would like you to consider doing an A-Team voice-over commentary with Dwight and Mr T.
Also, I just saw Georgia, Georgia for the first time last week, and I thought you were brilliant. Listened to the commentary with you and Stig Bjorkman and I agreed it would have been nice to see more of Michael's back story. And I agree the final editing was choppy. It's too bad they changed it so much from what the director's cut.
Also... Well I guess that's it. I just adore you. Have a nice day!

Let's hope he does :))

LittleMonkeyDog
11-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha

God no! I don't want to be famous. Maybe after I die like famous painters? then my autograph will be worth three times more. :))

:)) :)) :))

Flygirl
11-03-2016, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Nance;20574]Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha[QUOTE]

>:) >:) >:)

RitaKydd
07-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if this situation continues? I would really like to send Dirk a letter.
Thank you :)

LittleMonkeyDog
07-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Yes, you're right. We don't really know them (or vice versa). I'd love to meet him though and talk about some other stuff besides the weather :p
And I don't want to do that just because he's 'famous'. Not at all! I respect him a lot for his work as an author for instance, so I'd love to talk about writing in general and some of the topics being discussed in his books. He strikes me as a person I could have an intelligent conversation with if you know what I mean.

I'm not the person to hunt for autographs either. But if I'm not mistaking, I think I already have his autograph in one of my books.

In the mean time it happened (I still almost can't believe it did!) !!! I've had the chance to talk to him. I was right about the intelligent conversation and my respect for him as a person as grown even more.

And no ... I'm still not a hunter for autographs, but I did get both my books signed and will treasure them for life AND I also got an extra autographed picture. This was just something I had to do for me and I'm proud I did. :D

LittleMonkeyDog
07-06-2017, 11:31 AM
There's not much to do with it, but it's nice to have a memento when you meet someone who's made a positive impact on your life... The signed photos are OK, but I really treasure my signed copy of CKC. :)

I completely agree with you on all of this.

Vballspieler
07-06-2017, 12:09 PM
In the mean time it happened (I still almost can't believe it did!) !!! I've had the chance to talk to him. I was right about the intelligent conversation and my respect for him as a person as grown even more.

And no ... I'm still not a hunter for autographs, but I did get both my books signed and will treasure them for life AND I also got an extra autographed picture. This was just something I had to do for me and I'm proud I did. :D

:):):)

Flygirl
07-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Can anyone tell me if this situation continues? I would really like to send Dirk a letter.
Thank you :)

We can always chat on here and hope Dirk checks in every once in a while to read our silly rants. Gets to "know us" a little bit. That's basically like sending a letter, right?...

I'm still of the opinion we should politely pester Dirk to blog now and then. :D

Rationale: There's no pressure to answer a bunch of pointed questions, and there's no specific time frame (as you can tell he's got quite a busy schedule throughout most of the year). He can write about whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, and we can comment below with our reactions. One of the things we've all said we like best about Dirk's convention appearances is his tendency to meander in his thoughts, taking us along on little stream-of consciousness journeys with him.

You know, I'm actually surprised he hasn't taken to blogging sooner. But then, not everyone is a computer nerd (like me)...

RitaKydd
07-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Well, I'm not a computer nerd, but I have to work with the internet... that's why it seems I'm always online...
The truth is, I agree with Dirk regarding Social Networks, etc, etc... although I enjoy places like these (where people share something in common and are pretty funny and enjoyable to read), I'm getting to the point to feel wear off by FB, twitter, etc, etc... When I leave the job, at 5:30 pm, I don't even log in again for the rest of the day...

Regarding the letter, I really would like to let him know how he has helped me because that's what I'm doing lately: showing to people that I'm thankful and why. No need answer and/or autographs; just sending a plain old fashioned letter.

Thx for replying :)

LittleMonkeyDog
07-07-2017, 03:38 AM
We can always chat on here and hope Dirk checks in every once in a while to read our silly rants. Gets to "know us" a little bit. That's basically like sending a letter, right?...

I'm still of the opinion we should politely pester Dirk to blog now and then. :D

Rationale: There's no pressure to answer a bunch of pointed questions, and there's no specific time frame (as you can tell he's got quite a busy schedule throughout most of the year). He can write about whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, and we can comment below with our reactions. One of the things we've all said we like best about Dirk's convention appearances is his tendency to meander in his thoughts, taking us along on little stream-of consciousness journeys with him.

You know, I'm actually surprised he hasn't taken to blogging sooner. But then, not everyone is a computer nerd (like me)...

Right. And I'm in with the polite pestering ;) Anyway, I've been teasing him about answering some left over q&a questions as well in Stuttgart so I guess I got a reputation to keep up ... :p

And no. No pressure whatsoever. It still has to be a fun thing to do in the first place. So yes he can write about whatever he feels like and I for one love the meandering thoughts ;)

RitaKydd
07-07-2017, 03:40 AM
Doesn't he always writes about what he wants?? :D

That's one of the things I like the most about him: he says it all and whatever he wants <3

Flygirl
07-07-2017, 11:25 AM
The truth is, I agree with Dirk regarding Social Networks, etc, etc... although I enjoy places like these (where people share something in common and are pretty funny and enjoyable to read), I'm getting to the point to feel wear off by FB, twitter, etc, etc... When I leave the job, at 5:30 pm, I don't even log in again for the rest of the day...

I have a love/hate relationship with social networks. They come in handy when you're geographically separated from a lot of your friends and family...

Or when you want to express yourself via silly memes, or let everyone know what movie you just watched, or where you went on vacation, or make snarky and provocative political statements...

But yeah, social media causes a lot of problems, too. And it takes up a LOT of your free time. But I enjoy it, so it's not really wasted time. Right? :)

Vballspieler
07-07-2017, 11:53 AM
It can be a good support system, but it can also be blown out of proportion. It depends on what else you would be doing with your time as to whether or not it is a good thing.

Flygirl
07-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Right. And I'm in with the polite pestering ;) Anyway, I've been teasing him about answering some left over q&a questions as well in Stuttgart so I guess I got a reputation to keep up ... :p

Something tells me VBS might mention the Q&A next weekend, too. Hmmm... he's going to think all our gifts are bribery!! :o

Vballspieler
07-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Something tells me VBS might mention the Q&A next weekend, too. Hmmm... he's going to think all our gifts are bribery!! :o

Hmm... alcohol and cigars. Is that all it takes?:D

Vballspieler
07-08-2017, 07:50 AM

Maybe. You never know....but just to clarify the gifts are just gifts, no strings attached, well maybe one little thread that says we can tease about the Q&As. He is free to decline or give away any of the gifts he receives.

But what comments are we going for in Missouri? ;)

John Pickard
07-08-2017, 09:47 PM
But what comments are we going for in Missouri? ;)

Be nice.... ;)

:))

Vballspieler
07-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Be nice.... ;)

I will be. You sound worried. Are you?

Ludlum'sDaughter14
07-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Of course, you know the convention might as well be in Los Angeles, since we will all be behaving like perfect angels, right guys?

Right, guys?!?

>:)

John Pickard
07-09-2017, 10:42 PM
I will be. You sound worried. Are you?

Petrified...

Flygirl
07-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Petrified...

Out of curiosity, which one of us scares you the most? :p

Vballspieler
07-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Petrified...

Does that mean you don't want us to keep you informed day-by-day? It might be too terrifying for you.

We can report in on Monday when it's all over if that's your preference.

VBS.

Vballspieler
07-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Out of curiosity, which one of us scares you the most? :p

I think it's the combination of us. How many bars can we close down in a weekend? Remember bar time for me is 2 am and I learned to drink in Germany, where bars were open all night.

Flygirl
07-10-2017, 08:59 AM
I think it's the combination of us. How many bars can we close down in a weekend? Remember bar time for me is 2 am and I learned to drink in Germany, where bars were open all night.

Challenge accepted. :cool:

Vballspieler
07-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Lol

RitaKydd
07-11-2017, 05:57 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with social networks. They come in handy when you're geographically separated from a lot of your friends and family...

Or when you want to express yourself via silly memes, or let everyone know what movie you just watched, or where you went on vacation, or make snarky and provocative political statements...

But yeah, social media causes a lot of problems, too. And it takes up a LOT of your free time. But I enjoy it, so it's not really wasted time. Right? :)

Yes you are right! :)

Vballspieler
07-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Day 1. challenge met. closed down the bar next to the VIP party....and it was all four Dirkettes there until the end.

Day 2. where to go and which bar to close down. that is the questions.

BTW, bar time is early here. 1 am. :)):)):)):)):))

VBS

Vballspieler
07-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Day 1. challenge met. closed down the bar next to the VIP party....and it was all four Dirkettes there until the end.

Day 2. where to go and which bar to close down. that is the questions.

BTW, bar time is early here. 1 am. :)):)):)):)):))

VBS

Day 2. Another mission completed. Flyngirl and i closed down another bar.

Day 3. Mission is the same. But we might try another city for more of a challenge.

Plan a nap for Flyngirl. I don't think she's getting enough sleep.

Vballspieler
07-16-2017, 08:04 AM
Be nice.... ;)

John, have we been nice enough yet? ;)

Vballspieler
07-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Be nice.... ;)

got my comment today. So, not what I was expecting.

John Pickard
07-16-2017, 02:28 PM
got my comment today. So, not what I was expecting.

:confused:

Vballspieler
07-16-2017, 03:05 PM
:confused:

Are you confused?

He called me "anal". How did he know?

:eek: :eek:

John Pickard
07-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Are you confused?

He called me "anal". How did he know?

:eek: :eek:

John, have we been nice enough yet? ;)

Probably... ;)

Vballspieler
07-16-2017, 04:46 PM

Probably... ;)

It was such a great con. I hope he had just as wonderful a time as we did.

:):):):):)

Flygirl
07-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Day 3. Mission is the same. But we might try another city for more of a challenge.

Plan a nap for Flyngirl. I don't think she's getting enough sleep.

Day 3. Coming to a close... everybody has passed out and flyngirl is closing down the hotel suite. PROST!!! :))

Ludlum'sDaughter14
07-16-2017, 10:26 PM
It was such a great con. I hope he had just as wonderful a time as we did.

:):):):):)

When VBS actually uses an emoji, you know she is somewhat excited. When she uses five, you know it was truly an awesome experience.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
07-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Day 3. Coming to a close... everybody has passed out and flyngirl is closing down the hotel suite. PROST!!! :))

Drinking 4+ cups of coffee is cheating. ;)

elainesteel
07-17-2017, 01:39 AM
So glad you all had a great time! Loving all the pics and stories!

LittleMonkeyDog
07-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Drinking 4+ cups of coffee is cheating. ;)

:)) That is indeed cheating!

So glad you guys had so much fun !!! Loved the updates and the pics.

MRDENNIS916
07-27-2017, 08:19 AM

You are fortunate to be a part of that. My income & health precludes me from flying and traveling.

I met James Doohan ("Scotty" of Star Trek) at an electronics convention at Moscone Center in San Francisco around '86. He was doing ads for a company called Skypager.
They put James Doohan in a room where he autographed "Beam me up Skypager" handouts. There was no line, and here I was telling Mr. Doohan about the craft of acting, and that the teleplay original Star Trek was the best.

James Doohan had a big family in San Francisco. I saw him again years later when San Francisco had the big Golden Gate Bridge festival where people walked across the Golden Gate and made it bend downwards a bit.

I've made some posts here stressing the craft of acting. If you and others have/had the opportunity to meet Dirk I'd likely relive and share the old thespian ways within and thank Dirk for his contribution to Ars Gratia Artis.

Vballspieler
07-27-2017, 08:41 AM
You are fortunate to be a part of that. My income & health precludes me from flying and traveling.

I met James Doohan ("Scotty" of Star Trek) at an electronics convention at Moscone Center in San Francisco around '86. He was doing ads for a company called Skypager.
They put James Doohan in a room where he autographed "Beam me up Skypager" handouts. There was no line, and here I was telling Mr. Doohan about the craft of acting, and that the teleplay original Star Trek was the best.

James Doohan had a big family in San Francisco. I saw him again years later when San Francisco had the big Golden Gate Bridge festival where people walked across the Golden Gate and made it bend downwards a bit.

I've made some posts here stressing the craft of acting. If you and others have/had the opportunity to meet Dirk I'd likely relive and share the old thespian ways within and thank Dirk for his contribution to Ars Gratia Artis.

I hope you get to meet him again. He does conventions in CA. So, here's to fingers crossed that one is near you.

MRDENNIS916
07-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Since I'm a self-proclaimed King of Golden Age of TV trivia master...:))

James Doohan passed away quite a few years ago. When I was 2-3 years old, circa 1962-63 James Doohan appeared on the series Hazel with Shirley Booth (Winner of the rare trio of Academy, Emmy and Tony awards) with the late Don DeFore, Whitney Blake (Actress Meredith Baxter's Mom) and the late Bobby Buntrock, child actor who was killed in an auto accident at age 21. So many greats are all gone.

I never met Dirk Benedict. I'd love to swap aging prostate issues. As a former thespian I'd love to just be a weird guy like him anyplace and swap stories about rah-rahs and varsity jocks in high school.

Ludlum'sDaughter14
08-21-2017, 11:12 PM
I don't know where to stick this, but it reminded me of how we confirmed confirmations continuously, etc. And it kind of goes with the *original intent* of this thread. ;)

Vballspieler
08-21-2017, 11:47 PM
I don't know where to stick this, but it reminded me of how we confirmed confirmations continuously, etc. And it kind of goes with the *original intent* of this thread. ;)

:)):)):))

LittleMonkeyDog
08-22-2017, 04:28 AM
i don't know where to stick this, but it reminded me of how we confirmed confirmations continuously, etc. And it kind of goes with the *original intent* of this thread. ;)

lol :))

Wobbly Pat
11-14-2017, 05:55 AM
:)):)):))
Anyone who goes to bed and doesn't get up has quit.

Sassy Devil
04-21-2018, 01:46 AM
Just want to post as a fairly new member here, I understand Dirk wanting his privacy and perhaps backing out of celebrity status, but I must admit, I'm a little sad. I would love to send and receive a letter now and then. I'm not even asking for autographed photos and such. I do want to thank him for the great performances, my crushes of him and his characters, and, of course, I wish him the best. I hope I get to see him at a con sometime.

LittleMonkeyDog
04-21-2018, 11:11 AM
Just want to post as a fairly new member here, I understand Dirk wanting his privacy and perhaps backing out of celebrity status, but I must admit, I'm a little sad. I would love to send and receive a letter now and then. I'm not even asking for autographed photos and such. I do want to thank him for the great performances, my crushes of him and his characters, and, of course, I wish him the best. I hope I get to see him at a con sometime.

I think it takes a whole lot of time and effort to answer fanmail if you really want to take the time to answer all of your fans.
But if you see him at a con you can tell him what you think of his performances face-to-face which is even better. I can recommend it !!! I have met him at a con twice already. I really hope you can get to meet him one day too.

Sassy Devil
04-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Oh, I completely agree, LittleMonkeyDog, and I understand that amount of mail is overwhelming. I was never a star, but when I was a teenager, I posted pen pal ads in teen magazines, and the amount of mail I got was impossible to keep up with. I'm just saying I'm sad I can't exchange letters with him. I have no anger or offense for his reasons. Yes, I'd love to meet him at a con. Hopefully, this year. ��

Vballspieler
04-21-2018, 02:44 PM

LMD has great advice. I hope you do get to tell him about his great performances. I'm sure he likes being appreciated. Is there a con near you that you would like us to help suggesting to the organizers that he would be a great guest?

Sassy Devil
04-21-2018, 05:42 PM
Actually, I already have to a couple. I think the Atlantic City Comic Con has already passed this year, but I'll keep that one in mind, too.

Sassy Devil
05-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Actually, if others could send requests for Dirk at Monster-Mania (especially in Cherry Hill, NJ, but the one in Hunt Valley, MD is ok, too) at monstermania.net would be cool, and Retro-Con again, that would be great. I've already sent requests, so more would help. Thanks!

Flygirl
05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Actually, if others could send requests for Dirk at Monster-Mania (especially in Cherry Hill, NJ, but the one in Hunt Valley, MD is ok, too) at monstermania.net would be cool, and Retro-Con again, that would be great. I've already sent requests, so more would help. Thanks!

Hey Sassy - Will do, and I'm reposting to the convention contact info thread... We always try to help each other out. :)

Sassy Devil
05-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Hey Sassy - Will do, and I'm reposting to the convention contact info thread... We always try to help each other out. :)

Thanks! That's greatly appreciated!

KeiraH83
07-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Dear Friends,

Over the years, Dirk has received your good wishes and requests for autographs, etc. But alas...as they say "All good things must come to an end". Therefore, Dirk is retiring his autograph pen with regards to requests sent to him in Big Sky country. Not to despair! If you happen to catch him at a convention in your area, he will have it at the ready.

So please be forwarned...ANY mail sent to him in Montana will no longer be answered. If you send precious memorabilia for his signature to be added to a favorite collection, it won't be coming back to you.

The e-mails via this website, for autographs and personal correspondence will also not be answered. Business requests and website queries ONLY please.

Dirk has informed, that he will be stopping by our forums blog section, from time to time, to post a note or two. A "Bard" of a different sort, but entertaining as always.

So! We appreciate your understanding and do know that all the "fan" fare has been, and continues to be appreciated, and we here at Dirk Benedict Central wish all the visitors good health, good luck and best wishes. :-)

Best regards,
The "D" Team
this post is nearly 10 years old.What happened to his dropping by and doing a blog? Has he forgotten us on this wonderful site? :(

John Pickard
07-24-2018, 11:12 PM
this post is nearly 10 years old.What happened to his dropping by and doing a blog? Has he forgotten us on this wonderful site? :(

Oh, no - he hasn't forgotten us, not by a long shot. No, he's just busy with family stuff and all the other everyday things we all have to deal with.

Sassy Devil
08-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Hugs for him!