PDA

View Full Version : A Personal Project of Mine

BoomStick1971
03-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Four scripts have already been submitted to my agent, but I've been working on this project for some time. Right now, it's under the working moniker of Galactic Command. I'm working on another script at present (and ever shall be until I either run out of ideas or pass on, whichever occurs first), which is the fourth in the first season. Some second season episodes are already done as well, but will not be taken in until the designated submission points.

Here's the current list:

MP-01: "Resurrection", submitted 26 March 09
EP-1.01 and 1.02: "System of the Lost", submitted 26 March 09
EP-1.03: "Honor Thy Father", submitted 26-March-09
EP-1.04: "PYTHON", Completed 27 March 09
EP-1.05: "Cold Inferno", Currently in progress
EP-1.22 and 2.01: "Declarations", Completed, awaiting submission
EP-2.02: "The Earhart Factor", Completed, awaiting submission
EP-2.03: "Flytrap!", Completed, awaiting submission
EP-2.04: "The Ruins of Geneva", in progress, awaiting completion of the first season.

I can't reveal any plot points, summaries, or spoilers at this point. There will be more to come.

John Pickard
03-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi, Boomstick1971, welcome to Dirk Benedict Central!

I'm always interested in seeing what other creative types (particularly fellow writers) are coming up with. So give us some details. Have any of your scripts been produced? How long have you been writing?

Is your current work set in the BSG universe? I'd be interested to know what your agent says about it if it is; I have a sneaking suspicion I know how NBC/Universal deals with that but I'd like to hear what your agent says.

I am
Dawg

BoomStick1971
03-28-2009, 11:18 AM
It's a universe I created when I was 15 (I'm 37 now, so that should give some clue as to when this began).

The setting is the Milky Way galaxy, about 2500 AD at the outset of the motion picture script that went to my agent along with 3 episodes. I will have to call her to see if she recommends my posting the information on the forum, and seeing as how she was out of town the day I submitted, and there was a blizzard coming in, she may not be in the office until next week.:cry:

But if she gives the green light, I'll fill you in on more detail. I would write in the BSG universe, but all I know is the series that was on the air when I was a kid...and the only version I'll accept on that regard, as I have disputes with the newer series.

deebeelicious
03-29-2009, 08:20 AM
... I would write in the BSG universe, but all I know is the series that was on the air when I was a kid...and the only version I'll accept on that regard, as I have disputes with the newer series.

LOL - think you'll fit in OK round here then! ;) :))
Welcome! :)

BoomStick1971
03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
:))

Had to laugh at that. Dirk is the best one to play Starbuck, no matter how old he gets! The producer behind the new series was an idiot in recasting the role as female.

There were some pretty bad items that were loaded into the newer version, and I was absolutely unimpressed by it.

Using bullet fire instead of lasers was one thing: I use both in my series (in the one I'm working on now, they find the body of an insect-like officer who had his head blown off with a high-caliber round).:cool:

What wasn't so believable about the series was a civilization so advanced that they were venturing out into space, and they were having the same political and economic trouble we were. Come on, you'd think they would have socially evolved beyond that BS.

If I ever do write for BG, it'll be set with the older series ideals, which were somehow lost in the new series.

But enough of that; I have my own series to write up, and I'm about midway through a two-parter now.

UPDATE: I'm currently in Episode 1.08 at present, and have begun an alternate to the script entitled "Resurrection." However, I wonder if anyone here can recommend someone that can critique the stuff I have completed?

LZaza
07-04-2009, 12:54 AM
:))

Had to laugh at that. Dirk is the best one to play Starbuck, no matter how old he gets! The producer behind the new series was an idiot in recasting the role as female.

There were some pretty bad items that were loaded into the newer version, and I was absolutely unimpressed by it.

Using bullet fire instead of lasers was one thing: I use both in my series (in the one I'm working on now, they find the body of an insect-like officer who had his head blown off with a high-caliber round).:cool:

What wasn't so believable about the series was a civilization so advanced that they were venturing out into space, and they were having the same political and economic trouble we were. Come on, you'd think they would have socially evolved beyond that BS.

If I ever do write for BG, it'll be set with the older series ideals, which were somehow lost in the new series.

But enough of that; I have my own series to write up, and I'm about midway through a two-parter now.

UPDATE: I'm currently in Episode 1.08 at present, and have begun an alternate to the script entitled "Resurrection." However, I wonder if anyone here can recommend someone that can critique the stuff I have completed?

You could try the BSG writer's list.

http://lists.eyrie.org/mailman/listinfo/bsg-fanfic

Most of the stories written there end up in the archive . . .

http://galacticafanfic.com/fanfic_archives/

Or on Robert Hanczyk's website . . .

http://galacticafanfic.com/bsg-page.html