LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear), and you can help. Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above, and go to their KickStarter page (HERE) to help get this unique and timely enterprise to the next level (and get free stuff, too). Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."
Register FAQ Dirk's Blog All Blogs Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > The A-Team > On The Jazz

On The Jazz A-Team news, episode discussions and other A-Team characters who are "on the jazz" with the guys.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
Billy
aka Billy_Shriner
 
Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 120
Blog Entries: 1
Default Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Gosh this section is looking a bit , erm, lacking threads;

So what are your favourite episodes (no one has just one... if you do, you're just weird)

I tend to like most of Season 1 and 2 because I'm an Amy fan...no, really, I am

Season 1 Ultimate Favourites - though I love them all.
Children Of Jamestown
The Rabbit Who Ate Las Vegas
Till Death Do Us Part
Bad Day at Black Rock (have I got that the right way round... the boxset confuses me because the title is wrong?)
Nice Place To Visit

I would actually like Mexican Slayride more... but there's something about Faceman in that I just don't like!

Season 2 - I love them all really - ultimate favs;
The Only Church In Town
Range Rider (double episode and Daniel Running Bear )
There's Always A Catch (the Wetsuit wins it)
Battle of Bel Air (even though it contains Tawnia)


Then more randomly;

Bounty
Incident At Crystal Lake
Wheel Of Fortune
Judgement Day
Family Reunion
Without Reservations

Oh and I absolutely LOVE The Crystal Skull Just kidding
__________________
Amy: yeah, come on out, Face. Show us how to navigate by the stars (Bad Day On The Border)
My Livejournal
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life
 
ostarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 1,205
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Man, that's hard to decide. Obviously, I liked the ones best where Face was prominent (except Mind Games - that one never, ever happened! ), so I guess you could pick my faves based on the "Face meter". I also liked the ones that showed the guys as real SF types and not bumbling around so much (so mostly Season 1 and Season 5). I liked the comedic ones, as long as they didn't look like Bob Newhart had switched identities with them And some I wasn't totally fond of per se - but they had a lot of neat ideas for stories. Even Crystal Skull had some good ones
__________________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. ~ Joseph Campbell
ostarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
junkfoodmonkey
Member
 
junkfoodmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 46
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Bad Day at Black Rock (have I got that the right way round... the boxset confuses me because the title is wrong?)
It's the other way around for the A-Team episode. Bad Day at Black Rock is the actual Spencer Tracy movie the episode title comes from.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0047849/maindetails

Very, very good movie!
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Billy
aka Billy_Shriner
 
Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 120
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkfoodmonkey View Post
It's the other way around for the A-Team episode. Bad Day at Black Rock is the actual Spencer Tracy movie the episode title comes from.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0047849/maindetails

Very, very good movie!
I thought I'd got it wrong... the place was Bad Rock wasn't it?
__________________
Amy: yeah, come on out, Face. Show us how to navigate by the stars (Bad Day On The Border)
My Livejournal
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
Lucia Helena
junior member
 
Lucia Helena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coast of São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 300
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

.RE: Favourite Episode (s) and why? My favorite episode: Bad Day at Rock black Market. Here in Brazil the channel TCM is presenting is series íncrível, still do not I know all of the episodes, but than I already could watch this was hilarious.

Last edited by Lucia Helena; 06-30-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Lucia Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Tracy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Helena View Post
RE: Favourite Episode(s) and why?
Meu episódio favorito: Bad Day at Black Rock.
Aqui no Brasil o canal TCM está apresentando está série íncrível, ainda não conheço todos os episódios, mas dos que eu já pude assistir este foi hilariante.
Translation ( as it appears Lucia is speaking Portugese )

"My favorite episode: Bad Day at Rock black market Market. Here in Brazil the channel TCM i presenting i series íncrível, still of the not I know all of the episodes, but than I already could watch this was hilarious."

courtesy of : http://www.freetranslation.com

Lucia,

Perdoe-me, mas eu não falo português. Tentarei de traduzir usar este serviço, para os membros aqui que não entende. OK?

http://www.freetranslation.com

Sou alegre ver que Dirk tem ventiladores em Brasil! Boas-vindas.

Tracy
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
junkfoodmonkey
Member
 
junkfoodmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 46
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

The Season 5 Trial trilogy will always be my all time favourite, I think, at least as much for sentimental reasons as any others. Those are the episodes I've seen the most.

Other than that:

Without Reservations
Black Day at Bad Rock
Deadly Maneuvers
Children of Jamestown.

I'd watch any episode from seasons 1 and 2 any time ya like. Heck, even the pilot with Fake Face. After that it gets more hit and miss, there's good ones, but ones I'd happily skip through.

Of the more formula ones I think Taxicab Wars is my favourite. It's the perfect "typical" A-Team episode, I think.

But my favourites are always ones that go outside the formula and where the stakes are a little higher for our boys, and especially where they face enemies who are a bit more of a match for them than the ones they deal with most episodes.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #8
junkfoodmonkey
Member
 
junkfoodmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 46
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Oh and I absolutely LOVE The Crystal Skull Just kidding
Heh, there are several episodes I'd be less happy to watch than Crystal Skull. It's actually no longer even in my bottom three!

I'd rather watch Skull than Mind Games, because at least at no point in Skull do I feel the urge to punch Face in the teeth. And whatever else you might say about Skull, it has a total lack of jetpacks, which has to put it ahead.

I'd rather watch Skull than Blood, Sweat and Cheers. At least Face's hair looks good in Skull. And for all that Skull has Frankie Santana, at least it doesn't have Kid Harmon.

I'd rather watch Skull than The Trouble With Harry, because... aw, heck, do I even have to justfy that?

Last edited by junkfoodmonkey; 06-28-2008 at 05:16 AM.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
Billy
aka Billy_Shriner
 
Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 120
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

lol! You raise a good point... The Crystal Skull is BAD but not necessarily the worst

I like Trouble With Harry for the comedy factor. I know they are out of character, but it IS fun seeing Murdock and Face get beat up (now I hope I'm thinking of the right episode). Blood Sweat and Cheers I really need to watch again. I think it does have some good comedy moments, but like you say, it does have Kid Harmon!
__________________
Amy: yeah, come on out, Face. Show us how to navigate by the stars (Bad Day On The Border)
My Livejournal
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect
 
bibbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My cats place ;)
Posts: 2,136
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Til Death Do Us Part

That's my favourite. Face is so cute in that one! ... and Murdock in a wedding dress.. Priceless!
__________________
"My cats aren't the pets, I'm their pet"
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
junkfoodmonkey
Member
 
junkfoodmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 46
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbinut View Post
Til Death Do Us Part

That's my favourite. Face is so cute in that one! ... and Murdock in a wedding dress.. Priceless!
I watched that one yesterday. I love Face's deer in the headlights expression at his wedding.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
sara
Senior Member
 
sara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,027
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

I agree with all the wonderful episodes you mentioned!

Mine is Bounty.. but also Family Reunion.. and The judgement Day of course...
And Under the Currtain (a bit sad).. and The Lone rider rides again..

Well.. I love them all!!
__________________

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Flash
Master of Disaster
 
Flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!
Posts: 345
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Hmmmm, there are so many eps to chose from... Definitely Family Reunion and Without Reservations, those I've watched more often than every other episode.

Range Rider, because I always loved Cowboys , The only Church in Town - and then most of the other episodes. There are nice scenes and moments in most of them. It's much easier to name the few I don't like, like Crystal Skull and Mind Games.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #14
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect
 
bibbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My cats place ;)
Posts: 2,136
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

I like most of the episodes from seasons 1-4. I'm not that keen on the fifth season because of Frankie. To me there are only four members of the A-Team.
I also like Range Rider.
__________________
"My cats aren't the pets, I'm their pet"
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
UKJules
Senior Member
 
UKJules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts: 652
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbinut View Post
I like most of the episodes from seasons 1-4. I'm not that keen on the fifth season because of Frankie. To me there are only four members of the A-Team.
I also like Range Rider.

I love the episode Range Rider too.......... Dirk in the Cowboy outfit does it for me........
__________________
xxxxx I love it when a plan comes together xxxxx
UKJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #16
Sharon
Senior Member
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 270
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

My favourite episode is from season 4, "there goes the neighbourhood" the one where they are watching the Rock singer and they move to the house in the suburbs. My favourite part is when Dirk is in the back yard discussing fame and how you lose your anniminty....I think they were sending a bit of a message. The price of fame can be scarry and crazy...I believe it is worse now with all the instant information wherever you go.
Have a great day, all!
Sharon
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #17
asmay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 326
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

It's been some time since I last viewed this thread. But I would like to enter some of my favourite episodes as well (as a matter of fact I like all of them) , the ones that first come to mind are:

Black day at Bad Rock
The bend in the river (nice fight, Face-man!)
Members only
The trouble with Harry

All great fun!
__________________
Asmay


BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #18
deebeelicious
Asset Security
 
deebeelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirkshire, England
Posts: 682
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

I think this is my favourite Face YT video at the moment!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aRiTL9m2dts

Impressive!
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
asmay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 326
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

I agree!
__________________
Asmay


BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #20
julie1980
Member
 
julie1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 37
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbinut View Post
Til Death Do Us Part

That's my favourite. Face is so cute in that one! ... and Murdock in a wedding dress.. Priceless!
I agree Murdock in that wedding dress is so funny!!
Face does look cute in this episode It's my fave episode.

Face's reaction when getting married is a classic!
__________________
I am now an Auntie

Last edited by julie1980; 11-22-2008 at 01:40 PM.
julie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #21
canaljimmy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

I think Cowboy George. There we have a fantastic Boy George.
canaljimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #22
asmay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 326
Default Re: Favourite Episode(s) and Why?

Very true!! And how about the one with Rick James and Isac Hayes?? (Very eighties, but nice. Maybe I'm getting nostalgic ....)
__________________
Asmay


BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

©2007-2014 DirkBenedictCentral.com
Webmaster- John Pickard