LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #51
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
I think it's a very beautiful start and who says friends can't crush on each other? I see the next chapter fitting beautifully in the next thread.
Oh yes. They can !!!
Isn't she like a bit too young for him
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:32 PM   #52
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Wow. Need I say more.
Thanks, you guys. I'm glad you like the stories so far. I'm working on my next story already. It's a work in progress
Old 11-19-2017, 11:39 PM   #53
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Oh yes. They can !!!
Too young? Nah. You're forgetting, some of the Elders of Kobol had some very young wives.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #54
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
I was going to leave you hanging ... Why? Would you like me to write an addition to the story?
Glad you liked it
I, for one, need closure. A happy ending would be nice. Dirk mentioned once they were going to do a sequel in which Kristina (with a “K”, as God intended it ) would try and bring him back. I know it wasn’t a popular movie, but I would have been excited for that sequel...

Great job, LMD! I really liked both of these new stories.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #55
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I, for one, need closure. A happy ending would be nice.
Ditto. We would be forever in your debt, LMD.

Quote:
Dirk mentioned once they were going to do a sequel in which Kristina (with a “K”, as God intended it ) would try and bring him back. I know it wasn’t a popular movie, but I would have been excited for that sequel...
Amen to that. And I'm just curious, do you know where/when he said this? Somehow a sequel to a horror movie sounds like potentially fun and creepy fanfic. And Thanksgiving break is coming up. No, of course I'm not getting any ideas...
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #56
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Too young? Nah. You're forgetting, some of the Elders of Kobol had some very young wives.
Right
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #57
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
I, for one, need closure. A happy ending would be nice. Dirk mentioned once they were going to do a sequel in which Kristina (with a “K”, as God intended it ) would try and bring him back. I know it wasn’t a popular movie, but I would have been excited for that sequel...

Great job, LMD! I really liked both of these new stories.
LOL. Oh okay. I see Really? I would have liked a sequel and a happy end. I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #58
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

Amen to that. And I'm just curious, do you know where/when he said this? Somehow a sequel to a horror movie sounds like potentially fun and creepy fanfic. And Thanksgiving break is coming up. No, of course I'm not getting any ideas...
Okay. I hereby promise to write a sequel to the story.

LOL. You should get some
Old 11-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #59
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
No, I don’t remember. But if I find it again, I’ll share!

Yes, always go with those instincts.....
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #60
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #61
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

Of course not.

He said it in Missouri.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #62
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Oh yes. They can !!!
Ok. Maybe not the next chapter, but I think they should meet in about 4 years. However many chapters that turns out to be.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #63
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Ok. Maybe not the next chapter, but I think they should meet in about 4 years. However many chapters that turns out to be.
That's the beauty about writing ... I can do a flash forward in the next chapter
Old 11-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #64
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Day 4 – Character 4: An audit of the A-team

Hannibal walked into the apartment where Face was currently residing. “Face,” he called. “Guess what my lawyer gave me this morning? It has your name written all over it.” Hannibal hands Face the letter. “The IRS? Really? As if Decker on our trail isn’t enough heat.”
“Hannibal” says Face as he takes the letter, folds it in two, and puts it into his inner coat pocket, “Relax. I got this. I can charm any auditor and make all our troubles go away.”
After Hannibal left, Face pulled out the letter and read it. It said:
Quote:
NOTICE OF AUDIT
April 1, 1984
Attention: Lt. Templeton Peck
Upon reviewing your current tax return, we have decided to conduct an audit of all your tax returns for the previous 3 years. Please have all documentation supporting your entries available within ten days of this letter. An auditor will meet you at this address……Beverly Wilshire Hotel ……. at 9 am
One week later….

Face walked into the hotel with his briefcase. He was meeting the auditor in the conference room in the Beverly Wilshire hotel. When he got to the conference room, he noticed that there was a table and two chairs, but no auditor. As I walked into conference room, I greeted Face. “Good morning. I am Racquel Sevigny. I will be conducting your audit. Let’s get started.”

“My first question: what entity type are you filing under? I am trying to figure out whether you should be filing as a partnership, sole proprietors, or as a corporation. It is just not clear on your tax return and will clearly impact the length of this audit.” I walked over to the table and indicated that Face should have a seat in the other chair. “Well,” he said smiling, “I filed as partnership. We paid all of our taxes… as you should have seen on our returns.” He sat down, leaned back in the chair with his arms crossed, and smiled.

“Yes, I saw that you paid the social security and FICA on your 941 returns. You do know that social security is part of FICA, don’t you? Therefore, you have overpaid those taxes.” I looked at him as I sat in the other chair at the table, placed my bottle of water on the table, and opened my briefcase. “Do your teammates know that you overpaid your taxes? Are you skimming money from all those jobs you and the others got paid for over the past 15 years? I understand you received both cash payments and interest in the profits when the clients couldn’t come up with your fee. That’s an awful lot of cash to keep track of.”

Face leaned forward, smiled, and said, “I invested the profits for the group. We have many interests. I oversee all of them, especially the ones with the ladies.” He winked as he finished the last sentence, thinking this might soften me up.

“I am not amused, Lt. Peck. You seem to think that you and the rest of the members of your team can do whatever you want, regardless of whether or not it is legal, and we will just look the other way. I assure you, we will not. Now,” I said as I set the notepad I had taken out of my briefcase on the table, “answer these questions.” I read off a list of questions prepared by my team in preparation for this audit. “How many businesses are you part owner of? Where are the Schedule K-1s that should accompany the 1065? I see in my notes that in prior years, you had a restaurant in Chinatown that you claimed to be part owner of. Where’s your inventory list from that restaurant? You can’t just put the income on the form without the details. There’s $50,000 listed as earnings on the form. Are you expecting me to believe this is the income you are claiming for the whole team?” I set my pencil down on top of my notepad and looked over at Face. “Really, Lt., with all those business classes you took, you should have taken a tax class. This would be much easier for both of us then.” I stared at Face, waiting for him to answer the questions I had just asked. I was pretty sure that what he was going to tell me wasn’t going to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It was going to be a long afternoon sorting out these details…

“Well,” drawled Face, “what can I say? I’m sure there’s a good explanation for each question. Can we go over them one at a time? That way I know exactly what you are looking for…”

“Sure. What did you bring with you today? I believe your notice said to bring all pertinent documentation with you.”

Face picked up his briefcase, set it on the table, and opened it to take out a pile of financial statements. He set them on the table between us. “Here is our income to back up the calculations on the tax form.”

I picked up the top financial statement and glanced through it. “What about the bank records and Schedule K-1s to go with this business? This is from the restaurant in Chinatown. As a restaurant, they should also have an inventory worksheet. Where is that?”

“Uh, those. I must have left them at the office,” Face said. “Let me go get them” and he started walking towards the door.

“Halt. You may use this phone to call someone to bring those documents, but no way are you leaving my sight.” I replied.

“Not even to use the restroom?” Face inquired as he frowned at me.

“I will have a colleague supervise you. I don’t trust you not to con your way out of here,” I replied.

He walked back over to me and grinned. “Do I look like the kind of guy that needs to sneak away from a pretty girl?” I sighed, handed him my phone, and said “make your call. The sooner we finish this, the better it will be for both of us.”

Face picked up the phone and dialed a number. “Hannibal, can I talk to Murdock?”

“Not going so well, Face?” responded Hannibal, “what happened to the ‘I can charm anyone’ attitude?”

“I’m working on it, Hannibal. It’s just taking longer than I expected.”

“You’re losing your touch, Face. I’m really starting to worry about the gift of gab that you have.”

“I’m working on it,” repeated Face as he watched me listen to his conversation. “Let me talk to Murdock, please.”

“Hi, Faceman. What can I do for you?” said Murdock.

“Murdock, listen to me. You know, the blue folders sitting on my desk. I need you to bring them to me.” Face waited impatiently for Murdock to confirm that he found the files. “Good. Good. I will let Racquel know that you will be here in 30 minutes.” Face hung up the phone, laid it on the table, and smiled. “I’m assuming you heard all that Murdock will be right here. See, no problem.”

“Right. No problem,” I responded. “We’ll see.”

“While we wait, do you think I could use the restroom?”

I picked up the phone and sent a text to my colleague who was conducting another audit close-by. “My colleague will be here in a couple of minutes. Surely, you can wait that long,” I tell Face as I read the response to my text.

“I think I can manage that, but you know that you could always supervise…” Face said as he stood up and walked over to one of the windows in the conference room. “By the way, what made you become an auditor?” he asked me as he turned around with his hands in his pockets.

“I liked auditing in college. It was like putting a puzzle together; trying to make all the pieces fit without forcing them.”

A couple of minutes later, there was a knock on the conference room door and my colleague walked in. “Hi, Mike. Thanks for coming. Watch him carefully. He’s liable to try anything to get away.”

Face walked over to Mike and said “yes, I’m so dangerous. You should have Racquel come with…” I shook my head as the two of them walk out of the room.

A short time later, Mike and Face returned to the conference room. “Any problems?” I asked Mike. “None that I couldn’t handle” Mike replied as he shoved Face back into the conference room. “Watch it,” said Face, “I bruise easily.”

“Mike, there’s guy by the name of Murdock that should be here soon. He’s bringing Lt. Peck some documentation that seemed to be left behind. Could you please see that he finds us? I wouldn’t want him to get lost and detain the Lieutenant needlessly.”

Ten minutes later, Murdock walked in with a pile of blue file folders under his arm. “Hiya, Face.” Murdock greeted Face as he handed over the folders. “She’s pretty. Can I stay and watch?”

Old 11-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #65
LittleMonkeyDog

So glad you put up the next part of your story, VBS. I had so much fun reading it. This was super funny !!! I just knew Face would try to flirt his way out of this situation, but Racquel is a clever girl. I just love how she's sure he's about to con her and has Mike supervise him. LOL. And Hannibal thinks he's lost his touch ... I'm with Murdock. Can I say and watch too
Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #66
Vballspieler
Dirkette

[and the story continues...]

Face took the folders and guided Murdock back to the door. “Thanks, Murdock, but I’ve got it under control. No need for you to stay. I’ll be back soon.”

I raised my eyebrow at his comment. “Ok, then. What did he bring you?”

Face set the folders on the table for me to look through. I pulled out the inventory list and verified the amounts listed on the worksheet. I matched the cost of goods sold and ending inventory amounts to the financial statements. I then pulled out the bank statements and started tracing the amounts of the deposits to his bank account. “Lt. Peck. How can you afford your Corvette and those fancy clothes on this amount of money? It doesn’t make sense. Are you laundering money? Since you’re technically a criminal already, maybe you decided to expand your horizons? Get a little more for all the “work” you’ve been doing?”

“That’s the second time you accused me of laundering money.” Face responded indignantly. “No, we helped out people who needed it. They couldn’t afford our fee, so they gave us partnership interests in their businesses. It’s all legit. I have all the documentation right here that says so.”

I looked at Face and responded, “Ok. Let’s start with your equity in the Restaurant in Chinatown. The inventory amounts checked out. Where is your partnership agreement? I’m also going to check over the financial statements for the past three years.”

“Right here,” said Face as he handed over a stack of documents. “Everything has been signed, notarized, and filed.”

I looked through the documents. Sure enough, there was the signed document stating that the A-team members owned 50% of the profits equally. All four signatures were on the document and it was notarized by an officer at a local bank. Once I was satisfied that the document was real, I recomputed the gross and net profit and traced the amounts to the IRS Form 1065.

I moved on to checking out the partnership information for the diamond mine. By this time, hours had passed, and I was hungry. “I’m ordering lunch. Are you hungry?” I asked Face. “Yes, I am. May I suggest a restaurant?” I looked at Face wondering what his angle was. It’s just lunch, I thought, but then I knew that Face could have any number of tricks up his sleeve. “Ok. What do you suggest?” I asked. “It will have to be delivered.”

“Ok. How about Luciana’s Ristorante? They serve a wonderful Italian meal. We could take a break and go enjoy a little relaxation at a five-star restaurant. Surely, you are allowed to take a break to eat?” he said enticingly. “Just the two of us. You could tell me more about yourself. Surely, that couldn’t hurt.”

I stared at him and thought about his offer. “We can order, but it really does have to be delivered. I want to finish this audit by tomorrow.”

Face picked up the phone and called the restaurant. You could tell by the way he conversed with the person on the other end that he was a regular customer at the restaurant. “I usually eat there, but they will deliver the meal here in about 30 minutes.”

Last edited by Vballspieler; 11-27-2017 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-28-2017, 06:53 AM   #67
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Ooh, Italian food, maybe a little candlelight... Face must be getting desperate.
- Brian Greene
Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 AM   #68
LittleMonkeyDog

How can you afford the 'Vette and those fancy clothes? Are you laundering money?

LOL. I laughed so hard She sure is giving him a hard time and she checks everything very thoroughly. She's so good. So now he wants to win her over with a nice romantic Italian lunch ???? Do I detect some nervosity
Old 11-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #69
Vballspieler
Dirkette

[and now, for the conclusion...]

We ate the delicious Italian meal while I continued to review the documentation. It appeared that I had the documentation needed; it just wasn’t organized very well. Suddenly, the conference room door swung open and there stood Hannibal and BA with guns in their hands. “Sorry, Lady. Face has got to go.” In the background, I can hear sirens coming closer. “If you need anything else from him (pointing to Face), you’ll just have to request it from my lawyer.” Face stood up and looked at me. “It appears I have a previous engagement. I do hope you’ll excuse me.” “I’m not finished,” I said to Face. He looked at me and said “I’m really sorry. I would much rather stay with you, but the Army is very persistent. I have to go.” At this point, all three of them left the building quickly.

I gathered up the paperwork that was all over the table. I might as well finish this at my office. I figured I had enough documentation to determine whether the information on the returns was materially misstated. I also figured that I could swear out a warrant for Face’s arrest if I deemed it necessary.

I decided to stop by the VA hospital on my way back to the office. I was curious to see if Murdock was with them or if he had returned to the hospital. I was told I could find him in the garden, so I walked outside to the garden. “Face is really nice,” he said. “I know it looks like he just cons people, but he’s a really good friend and he would give us the shirt off his back if we needed it. Of course, he would find himself a better one, but he would share what he had with us.”

“Murdock,” I said, “things are done a certain way for a reason. In my world, it’s called tax codes. He needs to follow that. I get that you are helping the less fortunate, but you can’t take the law into your own hands or evade your taxes. Life just doesn’t work that way.”

The next day, I walk into my office to find a letter and a bag on it. I look around. No one seems to know how they got there. Curious, I opened the letter. It said, “if you want to do any tutoring, I will provide the meal… and next time, I won’t make you wait for dessert.” This made me curious, so I opened the bag. Inside was a fortune cookie. This confused me as we had Italian, not Chinese, but reached in for the fortune cookie and opened it. It read: Ich liebe es, wenn ein Plan zusammenkommen.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #70
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Und ich liebe es, wenn eine Geschichte zusammenkommen.

I was wondering how Face was going to ever get out of that room - Racquel takes her responsibility very seriously. Hard to argue with guys with guns being chased by the military police, though. But the whole thing was worth it in the end for her, since it looks like Face is ready to learn how to do his taxes properly - as long as a certain lovely auditor does the teaching. Good story!
- Brian Greene
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #71
LittleMonkeyDog

LOL. He's saved by the team I so loved the end of the story. He wants Racquel to be his tutor. Smart idea Awesome story, VBS !!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #72
Vballspieler
Dirkette

So, now we start with the other thread?

Old 11-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #73
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
So, now we start with the other thread?
You certainly can if you want to. You guys wrote way more stories than I expected on this one and did a fantastic job, so I am impressed and happy. I'll leave the romantic stuff entirely up to your discretion.
- Brian Greene
Old 12-02-2017, 07:54 AM   #74
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 6 - Character 6:
My fictional character: Sara Helston (Mark of the Devil)
Written from the POV of Frank Rowlett

It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. I – Frank Rowlett – had fallen head over heels in love with the beautiful Sara Helston. Sara had been married once before, but it wasn’t a happy marriage and she divorced recently. It had taken me some time and charm to win her over. What else did I have to offer her? Nothing much! I had always been a gambler. My urge to gamble could very well become the death of me. I owed money to some nasty looking characters and so had to find a way to pay them back swiftly, because now that I would marry Sara I wanted to leave that part of my life behind me. Lucky for me, my future wife turned out to be a very wealthy lady and she loved to get me expensive gifts. With my life finally heading in the right direction I wanted to pay of my debts and just get on with my life. That’s when everything started to fall apart …
Here I was now. Locked up in this tiny bathroom at our hotel on what was supposed to be my wedding night. Merely hours ago, Sara had become Mrs. Frank Rowlett during an intimate ceremony at her dad’s house. That very morning before the ceremony, I had discovered that the tattoo had spread even more and had by now reached my arms. I had a hard time trying to keep it hidden during the ceremony. Thank God people thought I was merely nervous, but I could tell Sara was worried about me. I took off my jacket and unbuttoned my shirt to inspect the tattoo once again. How was I supposed to keep this hidden from my wife? And I couldn’t exactly lock myself into the bathroom all night.
“Frank? Darling? Are you alright? You’ve been acting strange all day long? What’s the matter?”
Upon hearing Sara’s voice, I knew I had to come up with some sort of explanation. I very quickly changed into my pajamas and got out of the bathroom.
“There you are, darling. Finally!”
I slowly walked out of the bathroom towards my bed.
“Frank? What is going on?”
Sara looked really worried by now.
“It’s nothing, darling. I .. uh … It’s just … You know. I’ve been so nervous with the wedding and everything and … uh … well … I … I don’t feel so good.”
“Is it the pain in your chest again? Frank you said you only pulled a muscle!”
“Yes, I did and it’s the truth. You have to believe me Sara.”
“Frank, this has been going on for over a week now. I’m calling a doctor.”
“No! No, please. Darling, there’s no need to call a doctor. It’s not my chest. It’s my stomach. That’s why I hardly touched my food. My stomach always acts up when I’m nervous. I’m sorry, darling.”
“Oh, Frank. You don’t have to apologize, darling. Why don’t you go to bed and get some sleep. You’re shivering already.”
Desperately wanting to hide what was going on I did what she told me to do. I climbed into bed and buried myself underneath my blankets hoping to hide the huge tattoo from my wife. And I very nearly succeeded … but then I woke up and found myself trashing around in bed in the middle of the night and I noticed the terrified expression on my wife’s face. I immediately knew I had failed. Sara was staring at me in total horror and as I looked down I realized somehow the buttons on my pajama top had come undone.
“Sara …”
The sound of my own voice took me by surprise. A million thoughts and excuses were running through my head. She shouldn’t see this. She couldn’t …
“Frank, your chest … That tattoo … Oh God … I read about this in the paper …”
How was I going to get out of this one I wondered? My mind was racing. Finally I had the courage to look at Sara. She sat there at the foot of the bed in total shock. She looked somewhat angelic in the pale moonlight wearing her long white satin night gown. I found myself staring at her wordlessly for several minutes and not only did my mind stop racing but I could also feel my anger fading away slowly. She still looked shocked and I suddenly realized how things must look to her. In the dark of the night, the black and red colors of the tattoo stood out and she could clearly distinguish the drawing of what had happened at Hai Lee’s shop.
“Sara. I can ...”
“F-f-f-frank,” she stammered. “You … you killed a man.”
“Please Sara. Just let me explain.”
I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was terrified, but I also knew somehow she still cared about me and that gave me the strength to come clean about what had happened. I dished the whole story about my gambling addiction and how it had landed me in big trouble. I came clean about my debts and how I had wanted to pay them off and leave that part of my life behind me. The worse part was telling her about the mangy looking brutes that came to my house and attacked and threatened me. I confessed that I went to Hai Lee’s pawn shop to try and sell him the expensive watch she gave me as a present in exchange for some cash, but that he barely give me anything for it. I admitted that I had hung around for a bit and had watched him stash away some cash and that I had desperately wanted to get my hands on it.
Sara sat there in complete silence listening at me. Despite the fact that she must be freaking out inside, she looked so calm and peaceful. She gave me the courage to go on.
I explained how Hai Lee had caught me trying to steal the money and how we ended up in a fight. When he had stabbed me, my rage took over and somehow I had ended up killing him. When I was finally done spilling the truth to my angel it felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I also noticed how the frightened look had disappeared completely from her eyes.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint you, Sara.”
“I’m not disappointed in you, Frank. It took a lot of courage to open up to me and I’m glad you told me the truth. It must have been one scary experience for you with this growing tattoo. Admitting you’re wrong takes a lot of guts. Now all you need to do is turn yourself in and explain to the police what you just told me. My dad has some connections and we’ll be able to get you a good lawyer.”
“Sara, … I can understand that you don’t want to be married to a criminal like me. So if you want to, I’m willing to annul this wedding so you can go on with your life.”
It pained me to say these words, but I felt like I had to.
“No, Frank. You’re not a criminal. You just made a couple of mistakes, but you’re a good person and I’m willing to give you a chance to start over. We’ll get through this together.”
“But this tattoo … Sara, this is going to haunt me forever.”
“What tattoo, Frank.”
“The one …”
I looked down at my chest and looked back up at Sara in complete disbelief. The tattoo was starting to vanish. I rolled up my sleeves and found no more traces of the tattoo on my arms anymore either.
“It will have vanished completely by the morning, Frank. Now all that remains for you to do is turn yourself in first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll be right by your side. Just tell them the truth and I promise you everything is going to be alright. Now close your eyes and get some rest.”
I felt relief wash all over me. It still confused me to no end how I had been able to tell the whole story without holding anything back and how it had felt as if I was able to leave that part of my life behind me and move on. What confused me even more was how talking to my wife had resulted in the tattoo vanishing. Sara merely smiled at me without saying a word and it felt as if she was able to read my mind. I smiled back, closed my eyes and drifted off to a peaceful slumber.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #75
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Aww. Very romantic. It would have been a nice ending to the movie.