LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #26
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Richard "Apollo" Hatch has passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annelise Lauridsen View Post
Beautiful Short Poem For The Death Of A Friend
(By Anon Published: January 2012)
That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Annelise.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #27
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Today I finally found something to say. It's not much, but it's from my heart. Rest in peace, Richard.

I didn't know you. I still don't. People say you were wonderful. I'll never be able to say whether they're right, because I never knew you. We never spoke, or even stood in the same room. You had no consciousness of my existence. But you were a part of a world that is special to me, and in loving that world I loved you, in a way. From now on that world looks different to me because you're gone. I can't put my feeling into words. I can't put my grief into tears, no matter how much I long for the closure tears would bring. And so in my heart you continue to exist as an emptiness, a black hole where there used to be a star. It would almost be easier if I had known you, for then, like the many friends and family you left behind, I would know what to grieve, what has been lost. But I didn't know you. I never will. That is what I have lost.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #28
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Today I finally found something to say. It's not much, but it's from my heart. Rest in peace, Richard.
Loved this, LD...
Old 02-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #29
Flygirl
Erin

Couldn't find the one I wanted to post... but this is a nice one.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #30
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post

I didn't know you. I still don't. People say you were wonderful. I'll never be able to say whether they're right, because I never knew you. We never spoke, or even stood in the same room. You had no consciousness of my existence. But you were a part of a world that is special to me, and in loving that world I loved you, in a way. From now on that world looks different to me because you're gone. I can't put my feeling into words. I can't put my grief into tears, no matter how much I long for the closure tears would bring. And so in my heart you continue to exist as an emptiness, a black hole where there used to be a star. It would almost be easier if I had known you, for then, like the many friends and family you left behind, I would know what to grieve, what has been lost. But I didn't know you. I never will. That is what I have lost.
So beautiful ...
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #31
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post

Couldn't find the one I wanted to post... but this is a nice one.
Lovely picture indeed
Old 02-10-2017, 01:44 AM   #32
Zilfstar
Dutch Dirkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
I heard from Dirk today. He's being very quiet, calm and still.

This is a hard pill to swallow, after all, a genuine shock to the heart - and we each process it in our own way. Personally, I'm discovering that Richard's passing is changing my own thinking on some things in subtle but surprising ways.

Dirk is presently catching up with castmates and friends of long standing. We'll see in the coming days if he decides to comment, or not; I'm not going to press him to say something he's not ready to say, I'm not a gossip columnist. He may well opt to just let Richard go, but if he does comment, you'll know about it very shortly after I do.

Totally right and he should do this in his own time and way.
Please pass my (and I think all our) sincere condoleances to Dirk.

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #33
karmagirl

i was so sad to hear about the passing of Richard. i got to meet him several years ago and he was really nice. i have been blessed to meet Dirk a few times & he is always so sweet and i hope he continues to be in good health. <3
karmagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #34
ojai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmagirl View Post
i was so sad to hear about the passing of Richard. i got to meet him several years ago and he was really nice. i have been blessed to meet Dirk a few times & he is always so sweet and i hope he continues to be in good health. <3
Welcome, karmagirl. So happy you found us, and hope you stay around for a long time.

Yes, we are all sad about Richard. He'll always be Apollo to all of us.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:46 PM   #35
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Welcome Karmagirl. We'd love to hear your stories about meeting both Richard and Dirk. There are a few surveys on this forum for you to get to know us, too. We speak many languages, have different opinions, but we are very supportive of each other.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:27 AM   #36
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
A warm welcome to the board. If you like, you're most welcome to share your stories with us.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:58 AM   #37
Annelise Lauridsen

Quote by Richard Hatch, March 2 2015:
As to seeing so many of those we love and cherish passing beyond in this powerful time of change in the world I can only say this. For me life and our God given immortal souls are forever!! Nothing of true value will ever be lost.
Unquote.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.hat...53119839365420
Annelise Lauridsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #38
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annelise Lauridsen View Post
Quote by Richard Hatch, March 2 2015:
As to seeing so many of those we love and cherish passing beyond in this powerful time of change in the world I can only say this. For me life and our God given immortal souls are forever!! Nothing of true value will ever be lost.
Unquote.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.hat...53119839365420
Oh... and a shout out to his "partner in crime" Dirk in that post, too. Very nice sentiment.

Found the photo I was looking for...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1828.JPG (36.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #39
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Oh... and a shout out to his "partner in crime" Dirk in that post, too. Very nice sentiment.

Found the photo I was looking for...
That's a lovely picture.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 AM   #40
Nacky

At the temple there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read loss, only feel it. ~ Memoirs of a Geisha

I could say something but that moment from the film was what I recalled as I heard the news. But...he'll be back. Soon. All this pain and loss, it's temporary.

You're from Earth? Well, thanks for narrowing that down for me!

In Space, you're in a Ragtag Fugitive Fleet.
In Soviet Russia, Fugitive Fleet ragtags YOU!!

Twilight of the Psychopaths
TruthOrg
DeceptionDollar

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Nacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:59 AM   #41
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Happy birthday to the late Richard Hatch.

May my other childhood hero rest in peace among the stars.
I wish I had had the chance to meet him. I've heard so many wonderful things about him and countless people feel his loss whether they had met him in person or not.

Celebrate, Captain Apollo, wherever you are.
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #42
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Ann View Post
Happy birthday to the late Richard Hatch.

May my other childhood hero rest in peace among the stars.
I wish I had had the chance to meet him. I've heard so many wonderful things about him and countless people feel his loss whether they had met him in person or not.

Celebrate, Captain Apollo, wherever you are.
Was watching Hotel tonight and Richard Hatch was one of the guest stars. I hope he got to celebrate his birthday in heaven.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #43
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
I hope he got to celebrate his birthday in heaven.
So do I.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #44
RitaKydd

Unhappy Re: Richard "Apollo" Hatch has passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
Personally, I'm discovering that Richard's passing is changing my own thinking on some things in subtle but surprising ways.
This is actually the real reason behind me being here... I was shocked.

Although I was part of the "revival group" for bringing back the original Batlestar Galactica, when Richard Hatch was filming the trailer (seems like ages ago; can't even remember the year...), I couldn't believe the sad news and realised that I never "connected" with Dirk, and decided to mend that, because he was also part of my life.

Richard was really nice to us, and we supported and petioned whatever was necessary or asked from us.
It was nice to belong to that revival movement because I think everybody had their own version for bringing back the Galactica (I sure did - and do - and which I sent to Universal in the 90's... OMG... the things one do... LOL).

And I guess that's that...
RitaKydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #45
MRDENNIS916
The Cat's Butler

Default Richard Lawrence Hatch

"Some of the most amazing human beings on the face of the planet go to sci-fi conventions, although I'm sure a few of them wouldn't admit it."

Richard Lawrence Hatch
May 21, 1945 - February 7, 2017

"Apollo" (Battlestar Galactica)
"Inspector Dan Robbins" (The Streets of San Francisco, one of the best cop shows ever)
And much, much more.....

In addition to Richard Hatch being a fellow Gemini, my Dad got his autograph back in the '70s when "Streets" was being filmed in San Francisco where my Dad worked. He said Richard was an unassuming and real guy that didn't act like a TV star.

"Streets" was and still is one my favorite crime dramas, filmed in SF, so close to home. Richard's passing made me feel like all of us really got cheated by such a horrible fate. Although he was 72 at the time of his death, I can tell all of you that a father-in-law of mine with pancreatic cancer paseed in a way that was swift. For some particular reason pancreatic cancer takes people this way.

If you think of Battlestar Galactica as a Western in space, then certainty Apollo and Starbuck were 'podners and their vipers were horses.

May you rest eternally Richard. May we all see you again and meet you with all the other talented souls that have sadly departed.

Last edited by MRDENNIS916; 07-26-2017 at 04:53 PM..
MRDENNIS916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 AM   #46
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Richard Lawrence Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDENNIS916 View Post
"Some of the most amazing human beings on the face of the planet go to sci-fi conventions, although I'm sure a few of them wouldn't admit it."

Richard Lawrence Hatch
May 21, 1945 - February 7, 2017

"Apollo" (Battlestar Galactica)
"Inspector Dan Robbins" (The Streets of San Francisco, one of the best cop shows ever)
And much, much more.....

In addition to Richard Hatch being a fellow Gemini, my Dad got his autograph back in the '70s when "Streets" was being filmed in San Francisco where my Dad worked. He said Richard was an unassuming and real guy that didn't act like a TV star.

"Streets" was and still is one my favorite crime dramas, filmed in SF, so close to home. Richard's passing made me feel like all of us really got cheated by such a horrible fate. Although he was 72 at the time of his death, I can tell all of you that a father-in-law of mine with pancreatic cancer paseed in a way that was swift. For some particular reason pancreatic cancer takes people this way.

If you think of Battlestar Galactica as a Western in space, then certainty Apollo and Starbuck were 'podners and their vipers were horses.

May you rest eternally Richard. May we all see you again and meet you with all the other talented souls that have sadly departed.