LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area > The International Holidays Thread

The International Holidays Thread Christmas is coming! So is Hanukkah and Kwanzaa too! Holiday celebrations around the world can be enjoyed in this forum from our very international fan club!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Tracy

Smile Mothers Day

It's hard to believe that April is almost gone and the merry Month of May is fast approaching. May of course brings flowers, but it also brings Mothers Day to those in Canada and the US.

This year, Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 10th.

Just for fun, I've made a little Mum's Day quiz

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. What's the nicest thing you've ever done for your Mom on Mums Day?

2. As a Mum, what's the nicest thing your kids/and or/spouse have ever done for you on Mum's Day?

3. Describe your perfect Mothers Day.

Have fun and Happy Mothers Day!

Tracy
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Lucia Helena

Default Re: Mothers Day

Tracy, hello!
Hello my dear friends!
The idea of a Quiz was very nice.
Here in Brasil, also celebrated the day of mothers on the second Sunday of May.

My answers

1 - Me and my sisters, we write a beautiful message in a newspaper of wide circulation in our city. The newspaper usually do deals in the most important dates of our official calendar. We can read and share wonderful messages.
My mother was very excited.

2- I'm not mom, but I am always honored with beautiful bouquet of flowers, from my nephews and my students.

3 - A day for mothers perfect for me, would be one in which any parent cry, to see their children starving or dead in a war, etc..
I thank God for having my mother beside me.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Sharon

Thanks for the great idea Tracy!
1. I took my mom to see a famous actor from one of her day time dramas...The Young and the Restless...it was John Abbott...she had her picture taken with him and had a chance to talk with him privately.
2. My favourite thing about mother's day is when my children were little, they use to make home made cards and bring me gifts from schhol that they made as a surprise.
My husband usually cooks whatever I want that day and I don't have to do dishes, yeah!
3. The perfect mother's day, especially this year would be if all of the women in our family who are mom's could spend the day together with our family, just to know that we stand untied and that we are the common bond within all the units of the family.

I really hope that all women, mom's or not have a truly wonderful day!
Hugs to all!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
asmay

Nice idea!

1. Probably the thing my mother was most happy with was when I gave her a new framed photograph of myself (I know, sounds very narcissistic, but in my defense, I hardly ever have my picture taken). She was absolutely delighted!

2. Like Lucia, I'm not a mum myself, but the nicest thing was some time ago, when (on leaving the gym on Mother's day) I got a red rose and a kiss from the (quite cute) instructor.

3. I have no idea, probably taking the whole family out for the day and going to something like the zoo, just having fun.

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote