LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #2051
Sharon

Default Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Good Morning All,
Yes, it is cold here today! -2 right now, about 28 F, with only a high of 5, brrrr.
It is Friday, I hope everyone has a glorius weekend....Take care
Sharon
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #2052
dbukfan

Thumbs up Sunny Weekend in UK

Dear All

Howdy?...TGTF..again..time just flown by, isn't it..I'll have a little ME time today..my boss's away on his vacation..=meanin' wayhey...zero stress Friday...it's been beautiful sunny Autumn mnth in UK so far..with average of 16-18c....if you guys look fr Google Earth...you'll see the washing lines all over Britain this wkend..inc myself..here I come.

Jules==>hope you keep a slice or two of B'day cake to share with us on DBC..I need that to beef me up...my body're gone loose to size 8 fr 3-4 trauma wks in September..glad you have a good celebration in Cabs..make it D/B, eh..quite right, I'll try to get more organised this yr...Thanks Jules, my littly's almost back to herself...gettin' so excited with school..she's waken up @ 5.40am this mornin'...readin' the book to her toys and writin' few sentences for mein her homebook...can't wait to go to school before sun rises...I have to read her few lib.books with my eyes almost shut..abs. exhausted today....***yawnin'...yawnin***..v v tired but v happy to see how excited she is..ask me for BIG kiss today before class time...oooh!!...I'm in heaven again..feel great to have my darling princess back.

Adri==>Thnk you v much of yr v kind words..which almost brought tears to my Panda eyes..I think bein' a Mum's the Best job in the world..I'm sure you'll experience it yrself one day in the future...I believe in People who love/care about animals..in my eyes without a doubt..they'll def. be a v good parent ..I'll continue to cherish mum's duty as best/long as I can...as I know..like Jules's sayin'..our children'll be soon grown up before you know it..and you can't turn those precious times back..that's for sure...Hope you get over yr Fluv soon..my littly & I have plenties of onion-miso soup, chopped grapefruit and kiwi fruit (= cold combat fruits)...full of vitamin C this Autumn..+..plenty of liquid..Voila...good for you.

Sara==>Ciao..How are you?..hope you're feelin' better soon.

Esther==>You too take care of yrself..finger-cross for yr job-hunting

Sharon==>Do wrap up warm in Canada...brrrrr...-2..too cold for me..log-fire, pls!!..don't work too hard...enjoy yr new job too

Lucia==>thnks for many well-meaning words you wrote recently.

Karin, Petra==>hope you two got lovely Autumn in Germany like us..alles gute..tell me sometimes what kind of traditional food you eat in Autumn/Winter.

Anne, Deebee and all @ DBC...==> HAVE A NICE WEEKEND to ALL

Must go for final hrs @ work..bye

Take care

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #2053
sara

Jules, Today I've received your get well card!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've put it on the shelter over my bed, so I can always feel your affectin and I'm sure your wishes will bring luck!
Thank you again..

Hi Su, I'm feeling the same.. today I had the therapy so now I'm ko.. like every time.. Hope you and your littly are ok!

Lucia, I haven't got a garden but a big terrace... There I can see leaves which are getting yellow.. Autumn is approaching and some fog covers the roofs in the morning.. Nature is special in its changes..

Adri.. what about you? how do you feel? Hope you're ok...

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #2054
Lucia Helena

Lucia, I haven't got a garden but a big terrace... There I can see leaves which are getting yellow.. Autumn is approaching and some fog covers the roofs in the morning.. Nature is special in its changes..

Darling Sara, thanks for the words. I like to know about the beautiful garden that you have but who you put the question not me, but Dirk B. Fan from Holland.
I hope you're even better!
You received a private message sent to him? It has another picture for you on my album.
A big kiss from Brazil
Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #2055
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Talking Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

HI EVERYONE!
Been very busy with computer work.
Taking a couple of days off to recharge my batteries.
Hope everyone is doing fine and your loved ones and pets..

Hugs,
Anne

Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #2056
asmay

HTML Code:
Quote Sara: Autumn is approaching and some fog covers the roofs in the morning.. Nature is special in its changes..;)

Hi Sara, I so agree. When the sun is out, Autumn is awesome! It is one of my favourite seasons; even with rain, fog and storm I can still appreciate. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Wishing you all the best!

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #2057
Christy

Hello to ALL !

Just wanted to stop by and say, "Hi" and that I hope ALL of you are doing well ! May ALL of you have a great weekend !!

Warm Regards, Take Care & Hugs to ALL,
Christy

I know there's a section for this...but I'm going to ask it here to...Is there anyone available this weekend to chat ?! Someone please start throwing out days and times ! I didn't because I will work around times of our members who are outside the US...ladies...well, and any gents who would like to join in. Which, now "saying" that...I have another question...LOL...Were any guys in any of our previous ( I'm talking over the past few years ) chats...anybody know / remember ?
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2058
Lucia Helena

Default Re: Sunny Weekend in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbukfan View Post
Dear All

Howdy?...TGTF..again..time just flown by, isn't it..I'll have a little ME time today..my boss's away on his vacation..=meanin' wayhey...zero stress Friday...it's been beautiful sunny Autumn mnth in UK so far..with average of 16-18c....if you guys look fr Google Earth...you'll see the washing lines all over Britain this wkend..inc myself..here I come.

Jules==>hope you keep a slice or two of B'day cake to share with us on DBC..I need that to beef me up...my body're gone loose to size 8 fr 3-4 trauma wks in September..glad you have a good celebration in Cabs..make it D/B, eh..quite right, I'll try to get more organised this yr...Thanks Jules, my littly's almost back to herself...gettin' so excited with school..she's waken up @ 5.40am this mornin'...readin' the book to her toys and writin' few sentences for mein her homebook...can't wait to go to school before sun rises...I have to read her few lib.books with my eyes almost shut..abs. exhausted today....***yawnin'...yawnin***..v v tired but v happy to see how excited she is..ask me for BIG kiss today before class time...oooh!!...I'm in heaven again..feel great to have my darling princess back.

Adri==>Thnk you v much of yr v kind words..which almost brought tears to my Panda eyes..I think bein' a Mum's the Best job in the world..I'm sure you'll experience it yrself one day in the future...I believe in People who love/care about animals..in my eyes without a doubt..they'll def. be a v good parent ..I'll continue to cherish mum's duty as best/long as I can...as I know..like Jules's sayin'..our children'll be soon grown up before you know it..and you can't turn those precious times back..that's for sure...Hope you get over yr Fluv soon..my littly & I have plenties of onion-miso soup, chopped grapefruit and kiwi fruit (= cold combat fruits)...full of vitamin C this Autumn..+..plenty of liquid..Voila...good for you.

Sara==>Ciao..How are you?..hope you're feelin' better soon.

Esther==>You too take care of yrself..finger-cross for yr job-hunting

Sharon==>Do wrap up warm in Canada...brrrrr...-2..too cold for me..log-fire, pls!!..don't work too hard...enjoy yr new job too

Lucia==>thnks for many well-meaning words you wrote recently.

Karin, Petra==>hope you two got lovely Autumn in Germany like us..alles gute..tell me sometimes what kind of traditional food you eat in Autumn/Winter.

Anne, Deebee and all @ DBC...==> HAVE A NICE WEEKEND to ALL

Must go for final hrs @ work..bye

Take care

Su...x
Sweet friend
Thanks you, is always very kind and courteous to me.
Hope you're happy and very much health to love and enjoy your weekend, close to the people most important to you.
God bless your life, thank you for your friendship, many kisses of his Brazilian friend.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #2059
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Ciao Sara! I am still not feeling 100% ok, but I have to work tomorrow!
Let me know when you receive something horsey and in German

Su, don't cry for me! You are the best! My words must make you smile not cry
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #2060
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Smile Celebrating Thanksgiving

HI EVERYONE!
Have been busy as of late.
Also enjoyed Thanksgiving. We have in October in Canada.
I'm really stuffed with turkey and stuffing.
Hope all of you are doing fine and your loved and pets.
Those feeling ill or under the weather. I pray and hope you recover soon.

Hugs,
Anne
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #2061
Arciris

Default Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving

Hi to all, morning!!

Thanks for your kind words about my job searching. I appreciate it so much.

Hi Sara! I hope you're better. Let know to us when you can. I miss you here, you know.

Hi Adri! I hope too you're okey, already. I understand to you about you explain from your job..Studies, experience, pedagogic books..and it's not the best job, but you think, all is an experience and this too. You made well and I'm sure you make a hard work there. A well made work!

Hi Sharon. Brrr..0º it's cold..Take care. Hot soaps...etc..well, you know. It's incredible, we've here 23º these days and this is not normal for October... Well, it will be going down in a few days, I suppose. I don't like cold but is the normal for this month.

Hi Su!!
5+ stickers!! Wow, it's great!! Fantastic!! Well for her!
You make me smile when you explained your littly was wake up to 5:00 am in the morning for to read her books. Bless her!! Ha ha, I imagine your shut eyes..in that hours.. Not hours for to read books, neither to have a breakfast, neither for watching tv..Only for sleeping.
Not much hard work today.

Hi Jules! How are you? And the weather there? I imagine more cold..Have a nice day too.

Hallo Anne! Congratulations for Thanksgiving! I know, in USA is another day, really? I hope you enjoyed it!

Hola Lucia!! A big hug from me, too. I hope you had a beautiful weekend in your beautiful country. You've ever sweet words for all.

Hello Christy! I say "Hi" to you too.
So sorry, I don't know about chats..I know it has been made here a few time ago but I don't know now..

Ostarella, Karin, Petra, Deebee, and sorry if I forget anybody: HAVE A NICE DAY!
Esther.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #2062
UKJules

Talking Hi everyone...................................

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday.......It was one of those days.......a large pile of paperwork to contend with.....phewww.....but, managed to get through it all..... Now I can make a post to you all........

Su - Sorry, birthday cake's all gone now...... Chocolate birthday cake doesn't hang around long in this house.....
Oh Su.......you have lost weight after a stressful Sept.............don't lose any more......It's not good for you I'm sure in no time you'll be back to your normal size now things are back to normality.....Look after yourself So pleased your Littly's really enjoying her new school.....!!! You've done the right thing.......her happiness is paramount I bet you have noticed the difference in her schooling already....!!!

Sara - I am so pleased you got the card.......!!! We are all thinking of you and hope things get better for you very soon.....!!! Big hugs from here in Cambs.......xx

Esther - I am fine thanks.......and how about you....... Have you been studying those English books......how is it going
It's been quite warm here for the last week or so...... It was supposed to rain here today, but the sun has come out instead...... It was about 20C on Sunday......unusually warm for this time of year!!!

Anne - Happy Thanksgiving........

Adri - I hope you are feeling better...... How are things with you

Christy - Hi.......how are yougreat to hear from you.....!!!

Lucia Helena - Hello my dear Brazilian friend.......how was your weekend

Better dash......got things to do before the school run......

Take care all

Jules x
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #2063
Sharon

Hello Everyone!
It sounds like everyone was very busy over the past few days! We,too, were busy! We celebrated Thanksgiving with my in-laws and we took my mom with us. It was nice to have her there. Who knows how many more family events she will be able to attend with the Alzheimer's.
We also had some running around to do so we could get the kids their winter coats, etc.
I was trying to catch up on laundry and house chores so I can not worry when I go back to work....but those chores never end, haha!
I'm sorry that we couldn't chat this weekend...hope it works out better for us soon!
Now it is time to get ready for Halloween.....
I truly hope that everyone has a great day and week.
Hugs to everyone!
Prayers for all who feel poorly!
Bye for now,
Sharon
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #2064
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

When is Halloween actually?

I hope everybody is fine! I am feeling better every day! I have worked yesterday and I was so tired after I was finished! But I need the money...

About work, I may have a job in horses again! After the Holsteiner stallion approvals I will go for a couple of weeks to a stable to see if it works out, it is in Germany again. And the payment will be first around 800 euro, so it must be possible to pay the bills
It sounds better then 300 euro If it works out ... I am a little bit anxious these days, because it can fail aswell... but I will learn sooo much! So the sun is starting to shine again!

I have visited Josiane really quickly, she was standing inside, while is was so beautifull weather. I will visit her more. But I do not know what is wise, she looked so confused...

I hope everybody is doing fine! Good to hear that Thansgiving in Canada was good!
And Esther embrace the good weather as long as you can!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #2065
dbukfan

Exclamation Cloudy Wednesday

Hi All

Howdy? Everybody...hope you guys're all well and reasonably happy..I'm ok..(Adri..look what you've done)..got a bit of cough/cold...lingerin' inside my rundown body last few days...+lack of sleep fr too many coff..coff..coff...but in good spirit....look in good condition..except my hair..need another trimmin', I guess

Jules==>never mind, worth a try..dream of choc.cake...yummy..thnks for yr kind words for my littly...she's comin' on her top form again...non-stop quiz timesfr 6.30am-7.30pm...full of beans..so so pleased to see her back to normal-self!!..her new teacher'd already sent her to join yr 2 for Maths and English classes this wk..v proud of her...BTW, pls PM me with Sara's address if you don't mind...I'd love to send her a card too.

Esther==>don't worry...I didn't work that hard this wk..Boss's still away..mice'll play..well, not quite...my job's more daily basis..if I'm not around...the Boss's gettin' panic..thnks for yr support of my littly too..Justice has been done for my daughter, she's now in the best place with full of love and support...it makes her become a different person compare to past few wks...taken control of her life...full of confidence & v happy as ever been for long while..BTW, never give up hope, Esther..dont' feel down....never give up all hope and dreams...things'll turn up...big or small..only time will tell, your good-heart and kindness'll conquer all...I certainly hope so.

Sara==>How are you recently?..sorry for not gettin' in touch that much lately to you..I got lots of problems with my littly as you may know...so I devoted all of my time to sort it out..then got to catch up with behind works & etc..but did think of you fr my thoughts and prayers few times

Adri==>hope yr cold's gone...and Alles Gute with yr new job..big or small..doesn't matter..as long as reasonably pay and you're happy with it...V Liefs...xx

Sharon==>Howdy?...don't work too hard..You'd be so proud to support yr family whenever you can like any other super mums here...do wrap up warm...brrr..Winter's in Canada...much too cold & too early for me..coff--coffagain.

Lucia Helena==>thank you for yr lovely & kind words too..I think we all here're v v nice/freindly people to hang around..I bet you don't have snow in Brazil..what temperature like in Winter there.

Anne==>Glad you enjoy Thanksgiving....any lft over for cold turkey salad, turkey curry..turkey soup to follow then.

Karin==>How are you? Hope you're well...didn't hear fr you for a while...hope you have a Nice Autumn weather like we had in the UK...v mild and plenty of sunshine...well, except today..rather dull and damp for 1 day only.

As for anyone else, I have forgotten to mention...Have a nice Wednesday...I def. will.

Must dash for another semi-rush Wednesday...pity, I can't watch Dirk on Richard & Judy today...got no Sky+ @ home...look forward to watch him on youtube later....Wow...He's here, there and everywhere in the UK.

Hugs to all

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #2066
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Hello everyone.
Sorry I don't post much here, but I do read all your posts. I'm happy to read everyone's news, good and bad.

Best of luck to everyone feeling poorly at the moment, I hope you recover soon. Also to those job hunting, I'm crossing my fingers you get a great job soon.

Sue - I didn't realise until a more recent post from you that your little one had been suffering from bullying and not just boredom from not been stretched at her old school. That is really sad, but it sounds like the new school is making a new little one too! So glad you weren't complacent about it and v happy for you & littly!

I really just popped in to post this link which amused me.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081015...f-6058bda.html

Good on her!
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #2067
Sharon

Hello Everyone:
DeeBee: I checked out your link to the story of the grandmother, that was great, thank you...put a chuckle on me to start the morning!

So glad to hear that Littly is doing so well! You must be so proud! Cheers to you for doing everything you could...I know we all feel the same way!
Bullying is a problem everywhere and we will probable all have to deal with it at one point.
I hope everyone is feeling better! I am, which is good because of starting my new job!
I would love Sara's address as well. It would be nice to send her something from where I live..a postcard, etc.
Good luck with the day everyone.
Take care, and I will try to keep warm!
Hugs to all, Sharon
Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #2068
asmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeelicious View Post

I really just popped in to post this link which amused me.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081015...f-6058bda.html

Good on her!

Way to go, Granny!!!
Guess those guys never saw that coming ...

Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #2069
UKJules

Exclamation Rainy old Wednesday.......................

Hi everyone.........!!!

Su - Keep yourself wrapped up in this horrible drizzley rain.......plenty of vitamin C and Miso for you......... What happened to the sun......where did it go
Wow.....your Littly is coming on leaps and bounds.....yr 2 Maths & English.....already!!! you must be so proud.....
I heard on the news this morning that they have scrapped SATS for 13/14 year old.......my twins would of been taking them next year.....they are so pleased they haven't got to take them!!! Now, they can breathe a big sigh of relief!!!!

Deebee - Thanks for sharing that great story.........SUPERGRAN eh......wasn't there a kids programme with the same name..... The robbers obviously bit off more than they could chew.....

Sharon - Great to hear from you..... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family......sounds as though you had a great time.......Halloween's just around the corner
Best of luck with your new job.....I hope everything goes well for you.......
How's the weather in Canada......have you had any snow

Asmay - You are very welcome to join in.........we are very chatty here

Esther - How are things with you................

Sara - Sending you positive thoughts and big hugs.........xx

Well ladies......better dash It'll soon be the school run..............!!!

Take care

Jules x
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #2070
Sharon

Hi Jules:
No snow here in Edmonton yet, however, the mountains had snow on the weekend.
Jasper and up north had some.
It is chilly, lots of wind and clouds. Should be decent today...with sun!
Have a great day and thanks for the good wishes!
Sharon
Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #2071
asmay

Jules, thank you for the invite!
I have been reading this forum for a while now, but it took me some time to join in (I'm afraid I'm a bit shy ). Now, however, there's no stopping me anymore! Thanks for the welcome. Take care everyone!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #2072
Petra

Hello asmay,
don't be shy. In this forum there are so many great friendly peoples.
Welcome.

Today the weather here is grey and rainy. But not really cold.

Many Greetings

Petra
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #2073
asmay

Thank you Petra, you are right! Its nice to meet with people from all over the world.

By the way, I recognise the weather: grey clouds, drizzle rain and increasing wind, but not too cold. Howdy neighbour!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:45 AM   #2074
Arciris

Hi to all! Morning sweet friends.

Ciao Sara! How are you? I hope you're feeling better. A big kiss from here, too. I miss you here.

Hi Petra and Asmay! So sorry for the weather. Clouds, grey days... Well, the Autumn is here..We hope the Spring again, eh? I yes..
Petra, do you know? My oldest sister is going to Berlin for two weeks for work. She said "not winter clothes this days there.." I think I will say to her she take the anorak just in case..I'd like to visit her a weekend but no i'ts possible. Well, perhaps the next time.
Asmay, don't be shy. Here there is the best sweet people that you can find. You see. Will be it for Dirk?

Hi Su! I read your last post. Yes, like you say, your littly is going very well, now! Not only for her exams and learning, if not for she's happy now and like a consequence you're happy too. Horrible thing bullying. Very horrible. I don't know what some parents are educating to his sons..Aghh, I don't understand.
I like to read she's taken the control, happy and a place with love. Childhood must be this, exactly this!! : Love.
Thanks so much for your kind words. You make me to have always more effort and this is a great support for me.

Sharon, what cold there..brr...I hope not snow this days..Do you live relatively near Jasper? Wow!! People say this is the most beautiful landscapes. An incredible Natural Park.
And well for your Thanksgiving!! And I know.. My grandmother had Alzheimer, too. I hope the medicine will be advancing for this too.

Hi Jules! 20º it's okey!! Well. Cold will already arrive. For that always is time.
And yes, I've my English books and I'm studying seriously every day. I've a little of confusions with some words..Where them go in the sentence.."already, such, such time, too..." because it's more different to Spanish, Italian, Catalan..And the others. But I do it with many illusion and I think this is the most important. Little bt little. Adri have reason. In the countries in the North of Europe the English is more present in tv, radio, newspapers...Here not as much.. Every day is a little more but still lack much so that it's integrated absolutely, in special in the schools.
About the job..not news..for the moment. I hope very soon!

Deebee, thanks so much for link! Thanks for to share it with us. I can understand all it.

Hi Ane! Well for Thanksgiving too! It's an special day there for you, I know.

Adri, well because you're feeling better!! Yes, aghh, the pay..I was having around 300 too..in the last job..And this is not possible with the prices of houses, food, rent..But I read perhaps you're going to German for to work with horses! Well done!! Very good luck for you with this!! Not only for the 800, if not too for is what you like!! Go for it!

Ostarella, Karin, how is going all? Lucia Helena, and you?
Sorry if I forget anybody. Have a beutiful day!!
Esther.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #2075
dbukfan

Thumbs up Sunny Thursday

Hi All

Howdy?...hope all is well and happy like me...Mr Cold's still hangin' around in me..I lost my voice..my littly's so pleased that her mum can't tell her off today..got to dash out later to get few recipe to make banana/walnut cake for her school cake day-raisin' fund tomorrow pm..that'd be fun...I'll try to encourage her to help her good-ole mum, eh.

Sorry to cut short....got to dash for a meeting again!

Have a nice day!!..My Dear Friends on DBC...Jules, Esther, Sharon, Adri,Sara,Lucia Helena, Petra, Deebee (thnks for yr kind words...asmay..(v Warm welcome to chatter-box corner).and all @ DBC...

Hugs to all

Su...x