LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 AM   #2001
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Default Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Sharon - so sorry to hear about the loss of your family dog! They really are a part of the family.

Ester - sorry to hear about your hospital visit, hope that everthing is fine with that.

Sara - hugs to you too and hope you feel well soon.

All - Love and regards to everyone. Bit shocked by what's going on with world finances at the moment! Hope no one here is affected too much by it!

May I also say, 'Eid Mubarak' and 'Peace to us all' for tomorrow, end of Ramadan?
(I get so miserable thinking of all the stupid people in the world who ruin life for the rest of us! Such small small minorities who blacken everyone else's name! )
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #2002
Sharon

Thank you to everyone for your kind words about my dog...she is greatly missed...
I must thank you also for the links to Dirk's appearances...if not for you guys, we in Canada would not get to see most of this.
The weather here has been beautiful, going to 27 degrees here today...the leaves look like gold in the sunshine
Wishing everyone a great day!
Must dash, have a lot to do today....will check in later!
Cheers to all!
Sharon
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:59 AM   #2003
Petra

Dear Sharon,
please sorry, that I read late about your dog. It's painful to lost a pet. I know this. (lost my guinea pig in march this year).

I wish you all the best

Greetings from the rainy Germany

Petra
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #2004
Sharon

Smile Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Thank you Petra....your kind words help me feel better. I'm sorry for your loss of your guinea pig, too. we also have had hampsters.
I wish you a nice day and hugs to you!
Sincerely, Sharon
Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #2005
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Hello to everyone...It has been a few days since I have written much. I hope that everyone is ok and healthy or feeling better.
It has been quite sad here...we had to put our dog down a couple of days ago...she was starting to have breathing problems and was giving us the signs that it was time...it is like losing a family member...we are all so sad, yet happy that she will not suffer any more...she had 13 great years with us!
I do hope that everyone has a really great weekend...the weather here is suppose to change to bright, sunny and warming back up.
Hug your kids, your animals and embrace the fall...with every changing season, we must look forward to new adventures.
Take care everyone,
hugs from Sharon
Sharon so sorry to hear about your dog.
Pets aren't just pets they're part of the family.
*HUGS*
Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #2006
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Smile Sunny Tuesday

HI EVERYONE!
My internet connection was down part of the day yesterday and today.
It's back up now.
Trying to get a home for my former neighbour's cat.
He just left her behind and hasn't tried anything to get her a home.
I'd take her in. But, I've got two cats already.
I've been calling people and have contacted the animal shelter where I live.
Hope all of you are doing fine and your loved ones and pets.

Hugs,
Anne
Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #2007
Petra

Dear friends,
my cover ist published at the forum from the publisher!!! I am soooo happy!

This is the link:
https://www.nexusboard.net/showthread...6&threadid=487

To see the cover bigger please click on the picture. Now at Oct. 15th the book is ready to buy at AMAZON and in all bookshops.

Sorry, that I write so many about my book but I can't believe this all.

And I would so really like to share with you my Happieness!

Many many Greetings

Petra
Old 10-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #2008
UKJules

Red face Good afternoon all.....................

Su - Hope things are ok....... My busy Herts friend......take 5 when you can
Did you see the lovely Dirk on 5th Gear on Monday night....... He looks as though he was really enjoying himself........you can tell he has a appreciation of cars Great to see him looking so good

Esther - Be positive...... I'm sure seeing the clips of Dirk cheered you up If you go back to the main discussion page and click on the 5th Gear link, there are some more clips of Dirk..... Enjoy

Petra - Great to see your book has been published........what an achievement!!! Well done

Sharon - I really sympathise with you my dear....... my heart goes out to you

Deebee, Anne, Ostarella, Karin & all.......have a great Wednesday

Take care

Jules x
Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #2009
Sharon

Wow, what a great cover! Congratulations! I wish you all the best when the exciting day comes and your book is finally released.
Sharon
Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #2010
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

Hello my friends! I hope you’re all okay! Don’t worry, Esther, I’m still here, just being quiet. Somehow I’m not doing much, but the time is still flying by. Hubby has drawn me into photography a little, he bought a new camera and I inherited his old DSLR. So now I’m toying around with taking pictures, editing them and such things. Very time consuming, I tell you.
Additionally my mom felt good enough after her release from the hospital to find another flat and is now driving us all crazy with her planning and preparations for November. Well, I guess it’s pretty exciting when you have lived in the same place for 50 years…
Anyway, thanks to numerous distractions I’m a little slow with my exercise regiment lately. Need to get going again, my back is already missing it and starting to complain!

Petra, the cover is looking great! I can’t wait to read the synopsis, and then it might get onto my wish list for Christmas. Congrats again, it’s a wonderful success!

Sharon, so sorry to hear about your dog! It is so sad to lose a pet! We got close to it with our cat this summer, but thankfully for now he’s okay and his medicine is helping his kidneys. We all know the day will come, the moment we decide to add a furry or feathery friend to our household, and still… All the best for you, keep her in your memory and she will always be there!

Esther, good to hear that you’re really back with us! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you will find a good job soon! Go for it! And I wish you all the best for your appointment at the hospital. They have usually the best equipment, so I’m sure you’re in best hands.
Yes, autumn has finally arrived here, too. We had a lot of rain lately and it’s stormy and cold. Brrrr. I’m not really ready for winter…

Adri, sorry to hear that your job in Germany didn’t work out! What a shame, it sounded very interesting to work for a magazine. But I’m sure you will find a good work, just keep on looking, and meanwhile you can as well earn a little money for backup, that’s always helpful. I wish I could give you a hot tip for a job, but unfortunately those jobs are totally not in my line of work. I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Su, have you found a solution for your littly in the meantime? Of course she will get unhappy, when she is bored, she needs to be challenged, but maybe the teachers in a regular school don’t have the resources to concentrate on one child only? I know that would be the problem here, the classes are much too big and there is absolutely no room for special requirements, sad as it is.
You did right to take her off the gym class. How can they expect such a young child to work out for hours? Okay, maybe they have to, if they want to participate at the Olympics in 10 years, but hey – I always thought a nice childhood is much more important than being forced through such a nightmare. It’s a lot better to see her laugh in my opinion!

Jules, you’re still sounding so busy, your latest posts all have a ‘breathless’ tone to them! I hope you’re doing fine. Just don’t forget to claim some ‘me’-time occasionally!

Lucia, you are always writing so nice words! They are very encouraging and give positive feelings. Thank you for that, I really like to read your posts.
Oh, I’m jealous, knowing that you will have summer soon! Winter here in Germany is so terrible, just cold and wet and uncomfortable. I would like more snow, but in Northern Germany there isn’t much and it’s only very unpleasant.

Right guys, I’m off for now. I have neglected some other boards, too, and need to catch up a little. Sorry, if I have missed someone or an event, I assure you I have read all your posts, even if I have not commented on all.

I am so sad to read Sara's news on the other thread and so hope she will get better!

Deebee, Anne, ostarella and everyone else, have a great week.

Take care everybody!
Karin

Last edited by Flash; 10-01-2008 at 02:52 PM..
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #2011
Sharon

Thank you for your kind remarks about my doggie, you also seem so busy!
I can tell that you really take the time to read about everyone and that is sincere...take care
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #2012
Petra

Hello,
thanks so much for your nice words about my published book. Really, I can't wait to get it and could held it in my hands.

I am very nervous and happy about it.

Many many Greetings

Petra
Old 10-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #2013
UKJules

Talking Hi all............

It's a sunny but a cool autumnal day here in Cambs...... I heard on the news this morning that they have already had snowfall in the highlands of Scotland...... Yes, I said snow!!!

Su - How are things with you my dear Stay in touch when you can......

Karin - Hello......great to hear from you again
You've taken up photography as a hobby I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it......and what a great time of year to start......autumn is a beautiful time of year......you'll have plenty of things to take pictures of
Don't worry, I am taking ME time when I can......I know I do rush about at times with lack of time, but It's nice to have a few minutes to myself when I can

Sharon - How are you I hope you are feeling a little brighter....... what's the weather been doing in Canada

Take care.........have a great day everyone here on DBC

Jules x
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 AM   #2014
Sharon

Hi Jules, thanks for asking. The weather has been marvellous in our neck of the woods. Record breaking temperatures, 26 degrees yesterday...that's in the 80'sF. Lovely sunny days, hardly any wind...great time to get out and going for walks, bike riding, etc.
It will start to FAll, lol, but the lowest temperature should be about 18, so we can't complain...I already started to decorate for our Thanksgiving and Halloween, thought the kids would enjoy that, Lord knows we have to keep being positive and continue everyday!
Me time is so important, I am glad to here that you do take some for yourself.
Hugs and good wishes for a happy day.
Take care to everyone on DBC.
Sharon
Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #2015
UKJules

Hi Sharon....

Blimey, you have got some beautiful weather over there in Canada Enjoy it while you can..... It's about 16c daytime temperature here and 6c overnight!!! There's a chilly wind in the air........brrrrrrr!!!
When is thanksgiving...... I know.....Halloween won't be long.....not to mention christmas!!!!

Take care

Hugs

Jules x
Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #2016
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra View Post
Dear Sharon,
please sorry, that I read late about your dog. It's painful to lost a pet. I know this. (lost my guinea pig in march this year).

I wish you all the best

Greetings from the rainy Germany

Petra
MANY CONGRATS PETRA!!

ich möchte Dein Buch lesen.... es is sicherlich toll!!!

Ich bin ganz stolz auf Dich!!

das ist auch mein Traum, ein Buch zu schreiben.....

Very good job my friend.. and, what a great cover!!!

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #2017
sara

Friends, I was just reading here and there to keep updated and I read your love and your words about me and my sickness..

You're so sweet..
I really can't express how much I appreciate it.

You know, in the last years so many friends (close friends that live here with me) have forgotten me and I've felt completely alone.
Reading your words gave me a new feeling and I'm really grateful to you.

Adri, you're incredibly sweet...
Your friendship is so true and deep.. it means a lot to me.
I tried to write to you sometimes when I was at home in these months but internet wasn't ok as I told you and so msn didn't work (Stef tried to make it work but it was strange.. it was connected for a few minutes but I couldn't send messages. It doesn't work yet..)... but I wanted you to know that your texts and your worrying about me is like a warm blanket in a wet and cold autumn afternoon. Thank you. I truly mean it.
But.. I don't understand.. what about your job? You mean in Holstein? I've read just some messages but I can't understand the whole story..
have you left it?
I'm so sorry.. I know it was important for you....
And now? what are you doing? still working with horses?
And how do you feel with your flu?? Still fever? Hope you're better today! Have you drunk warm milk with honey??

Esther.. I've read your words too.. Thank you, thank you a lot. You're special too...
I send you a great hug..

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #2018
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Hahaha I am reading here on the board and I am sweating all over and it's 16.4 degrees in the house... COLD! So the fever is still active...
It's difficult to stay in concentration, I have been laying on the sofa for the last 4 days... caughing, fever, a cold, everything bleh

Well Sara I wrote my first German application to a Dutch dressage rider near Hamburg. I want to learn the fundementals for grooming horses with a dressage rider and this would be the perfect combination.
But first I would not get payed more then 300 euro in a month (how can I live then...) and they were not sure if there was place for me. So in the end they said somebody from Denmark came with 2 horses.
I have no bad feelings, because this person pays them for it and I cost money.

In short time I am going to phone breeders in Germany (as soon as I have my voice back and as I receive the list) for taking a membership on a magzine all about bloodlines from warmblood horses. Plus there will be a meeting about how can I contribute to this magazine.

Now I am cleaning holiday park houses and hotel rooms on a Island and it's ok that I see this side of the working world but it's definately not my final goal to do this. It makes you brain death by the chemicals and the people I work with have a total different way of life then I have.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #2019
Arciris

Morning to all.
First of all, Sara, it's nice to read a post from you here. You always say very kind words for all and you know, we miss you here. I'm happy for this. Thanks for your beautiful words. I'ts incredible but it's impossible to find such nice people in the real life sometimes... Why? Because the nice people is here, in this forum. Of course. Is for this reason it's easy express feelings here.
I wish from my heart you're feeling better today.

Hi Su! I miss you here this days. I imagine you've hard work..Take care. How is your daughter? I hope things are going better. We hope to you.

Hi Karin! Nice to read to you! Yes, I miss you too. Wow, well for photography! I think it's a beutiful art. Images give to us always nice feelings!! I like very much to photograph all when I'm to some place. Jose say my I seem Japanese. Go for it! And thanks for your support and to all send me a positive energy. I've gone today to the doctor but the results will be for me on Monday. I hope. Thanks so much!
Yes, winter..brr..Well..It'll pass.
Thanks about job too. I'm looking for another place now..I hope it's call...Econimical crisi has made to put down the jobs too..
Not hard work and happy weekend!

Hi Deebee, thanks so much, too. I hope the weather there to be more nice and a best weekend, sunny and warm.

Hi Petra! Congratulations for the cover of the book!! I'ts so beautiful. It've a mistery..I like!! I'm sure it's a good book.

Hi Jules! Snow already!! Yes, I believe..It's falling too in the Pyrinees here..The autumn is here. Well, it's so beautiful to see the colours of the trees now. Not here in the city..I need to go to the mountain for this.
Thanks for links!! Yes, Dirk's news are always a good thing for to feeling better, it's true! I go for them!

Hi Sharon! 26 degrees? What luck!! Enjoy it and you pass a little degrees for all here, so we've cold already..haha.

Hi Adri!! How is going the actual job? Any possibilitie in Holstein? Good luck with this.

Lucia Helena, how are you? Thanks for to have always a nice words for everybody.

Have a nice day to all!
Esther.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #2020
UKJules

Red face Good afternoon all......................

Su - Hope you are well my dear and things are getting back to some normality Keep in touch when you have some spare time.....

Esther -Autumn is well on it's way.....all the leaves are starting to fall off the trees.... the season's changing very quickly.....sometimes too quickly How warm is it over there in Spain at the moment......have you had much rain Best of luck at the doctors.....I hope everything goes well - keep positive

Adri - How are you feeling....... Dreaded colds/flu......this time of year, always when the weather turns cold!!! I'm sure you'll be better in a few days

Sara - Great to have you back here on DBC!!! You've been missed!!! Have you had chance to look at the latest TV & radio clips of Dirk....... When you are feeling up to it, look at the main discussion page and click the threads - Radio one and Radio two, BBLB, Mr Busy & 5th Gear......there is plenty there for you to catch up with Enjoy......

Must dash.......take care all have a great wkend

Big hugs

Jules x
Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #2021
sara

Adri,
I'm so sorry to read that your work is not working as we hoped..
Actually you're gonna update me in details when my msn is back..
Working for a dressabe rider would be my dream too.. you know that dressage is definitely my true passion. And every day I thank that it's absolutely probable that I'm not going to practise it anymore in my life. Quite sad if you think that in may a national coach saw Paddy and me working at home and he said we could have a future.. quite a bad taste joke of destiny that in a month I was blocked in bed!
Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a good place to stay. Breeders' world is very hard but there's a great need of people who really love horse and work for them with passion and for the right reason.
You've got the right heart, the right mind and a good experience that will be improving step by step. Believe in it and soon your perspectives will change. Believe me!! I feel it!
I understand your today job is not the best for you, but anyway it's important to work, doesn't matter how... It gives you experience, self-confidence, dignity and.. money of course!!!
Let me know how it goes on, I cross my fingers and please don't give up. Your life is bound with horses.. you need them, they need you.
Btw, have you seen Josiane recently?
I haven't seen Paddy for months, it's the first time it happens and nobody can understand how much it makes me suffer.. If only he could really understand..
Keep warm after a dick blanket and get well soon my dear!
Drink milk and honey for your sore throat!!
Hope tomorrow you'll be ok!
A big, very big hug...
... and thank you again for keeping me in touch with friends, for worrying about me and helping me with your interest.
So many friends of me have left me alone in there moments: I feel I've lost them and not only because we haven't spoken for much time, but especially because I have understood their affection wasn't true. That's sad and it made me feel more depressive. But your texts, your effort to get in touch with me and to send me the care of DBC care was so sweet and important.. it has made me smile again! You're really special. GRAZIE..

Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #2022
sara

Default Re: Good afternoon all......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJules View Post
Sara - Great to have you back here on DBC!!! You've been missed!!! Have you had chance to look at the latest TV & radio clips of Dirk....... When you are feeling up to it, look at the main discussion page and click the threads - Radio one and Radio two, BBLB, Mr Busy & 5th Gear......there is plenty there for you to catch up with Enjoy......
Than you Jules! I'll kook at it as soon as possible, but at the moment I can sit only for a few minutes, then I must go and lie in bed... poor health=poor life..
But thank you for the tip.. I'll watch it as soon as possible!
Big hugs

Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #2023
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Hi everyone and hope you all get to have a restful weekend. Weather's turning damp and soggy here.

I heard part of a conversation on the radio about the number of books published in the UK. They said that 5 times as many books were published in the UK compared with the USA, which has 5 times as many people! I tried to look that fact up, but the nearest I could find was for 2006 data.

UNESCO publishes the data as 'an important index of standard of living and education, and of a country's self-awareness'!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_p...untry_per_year

UK, Germany, Spain, Holland, Canada and Brazil are all punching well above their weight (population! ).

So glad Petra is contributing to Europe's numbers!

... and Dirk - you might find publishing that 3rd installment a lot easier to do from the UK?

Love and best wishes
DBL
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #2024
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara View Post
Adri,
I'm so sorry to read that your work is not working as we hoped..
Actually you're gonna update me in details when my msn is back..
Working for a dressabe rider would be my dream too.. you know that dressage is definitely my true passion. And every day I thank that it's absolutely probable that I'm not going to practise it anymore in my life. Quite sad if you think that in may a national coach saw Paddy and me working at home and he said we could have a future.. quite a bad taste joke of destiny that in a month I was blocked in bed!
Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a good place to stay. Breeders' world is very hard but there's a great need of people who really love horse and work for them with passion and for the right reason.
You've got the right heart, the right mind and a good experience that will be improving step by step. Believe in it and soon your perspectives will change. Believe me!! I feel it!
I understand your today job is not the best for you, but anyway it's important to work, doesn't matter how... It gives you experience, self-confidence, dignity and.. money of course!!!
Let me know how it goes on, I cross my fingers and please don't give up. Your life is bound with horses.. you need them, they need you.
Btw, have you seen Josiane recently?
I haven't seen Paddy for months, it's the first time it happens and nobody can understand how much it makes me suffer.. If only he could really understand..
Keep warm after a dick blanket and get well soon my dear!
Drink milk and honey for your sore throat!!
Hope tomorrow you'll be ok!
A big, very big hug...
... and thank you again for keeping me in touch with friends, for worrying about me and helping me with your interest.
So many friends of me have left me alone in there moments: I feel I've lost them and not only because we haven't spoken for much time, but especially because I have understood their affection wasn't true. That's sad and it made me feel more depressive. But your texts, your effort to get in touch with me and to send me the care of DBC care was so sweet and important.. it has made me smile again! You're really special. GRAZIE..
Sara, miracles do happen by people that are stubborn enough to believe themselfs and not only the docters think about that. If it not first by riding then it will by caring. Caring for Paddy will mean care for you.

I have seen Josiane 2 weeks ago, I am in a normal understanding with the owner but I can drink the blood (not literally ) from the son in law. He destroyed too much. There are 4 warmblood mares left, including Josiane, I know them all 4 for 16 years!!! They look in my eyes unhappy all 4 of them, somebody who does not know them would say they look fine!

You are right horse breeding is my passion, but I am glad that I have not my own mare yet. How could I afford that! I can't so instead of having my own mare I am educating myself.

Who is in your surrounding the closest friend with driversliscense? Get yourself in the car with your friend and demand that must see Paddy!!!! He will heal you more then all the drugs you have to take!
Here in the Netherlands more and more publications are coming out that horses can benefit for children with development problems, or for people that do not like to speak with a shrink, they try it together with a horse and it WORKS.
Maybe Dirk Benedict wants to chat with a bear (Yogi Bear from Yellostone Park perhaps? ) but we could have more succes with horses.
You both need each other!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #2025
sara

Yes dear buddy, you're right but the problem isn't just driving.. but also sitting. I can't stay without lying for so much time. I can stand or sit just for a few minutes and that's not enough to reach him... For the moment at least.

So sorry that you've found horses unhappy.. but don't stop visiting Josiane.. Those moments are big presents and I miss them so much.

You're right, having your own horse is a great responsibility.. and sometimes it can be hard, especially if you can't personally take care of him/her..

But now think only about recovering!!!