LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #26
Cassiebsg

Default Re: Ruckus ...

Seen this one recently... for some reason I've had the YT link for ages, but only a week ago I decided to finally watch it.

Loved Dirk and Linda in it, they did great and made a great movie. Unfortunately for the movie, the director/writer, couldn't quiet decide if he was making a serious movie or a stupid comedy movie... :/ I could have lived without the stupidity, as I've long stopped enjoying that kind of "comedy". But I admit it! When I was a kind I loved to watch Jerry Lewis movies... can't stand them now though.

Also, wonder why the director felt the need to dub Dirk's laugh when he runs the guy that reminds me of Murdoch into the gas station... I was "what the hell was that? That wasn't Dirk's laugh for sure!"... read it on IMDB that is was dub. Ugh.

Silent, quiet and maniac... Dirk managed to pull it off pretty convincing.
Probably so far my favorite movie of his!

Last edited by Cassiebsg; 04-21-2018 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: typo
Cassiebsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #27
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiebsg View Post
Seen this one recently... for some reason I've had the YT link for ages, but only a week ago I decided to finally watch it.

Loved Dirk and Linda in it, they did great and made a great movie. Unfortunately for the movie, the director/writer, couldn't quiet decide if he was making a serious movie or a stupid comedy movie... :/ I could have lived without the stupidity, as I've long stopped enjoying that kind of "comedy". But I admit it! When I was a kind I loved to watch Jerry Lewis movies... can't stand them now though.

Also, wonder why the director felt the need to dub Dirk's laugh when he runs the guy that reminds me of Murdoch into the gas station... I was "what the hell was that? That wasn't Dirk's laugh for sure!"... read it on IMDB that is was dub. Ugh.

Silent, quiet and maniac... Dirk managed to pull it off pretty convincing.
Probably so far my favorite movie of his!
It's one of my favorites. The bonus commentary is great, too.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #28
KeiraH83

I have got this movie downloaded but not yet watched it
KeiraH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #29
Anaconda

Smile Re: Ruckus ...

I couldn't agree more Emily. Actually I think it has been my favorite movie since it came out. My VHS copy is dying unfortunately. I always tell people that Rambo is a cheap knock off of Ruckus.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #30
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
I couldn't agree more Emily. Actually I think it has been my favorite movie since it came out. My VHS copy is dying unfortunately. I always tell people that Rambo is a cheap knock off of Ruckus.
You should get it on dvd. I've never seen Rambo, but really like this movie. Even got Dirk's and Linda's autographs on a Ruckus picture last year.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #31
Melli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
You should get it on dvd. I've never seen Rambo, but really like this movie. Even got Dirk's and Linda's autographs on a Ruckus picture last year.
I watched Rambo (many many moons ago), it's meant to be a lot more serious than Ruckus was. It's funny how Dirk was once again ahead of his time with this movie.

While Rambo was over the top (I don't like Marty Stu characters) Ruckus is way closer to realism and by far not as bloody. Also, while Kyle doesn't shy away from a fight he beats his bullies mainly by outsmarting them, and I can't help it but I'm such a sucker for bright guys.

Considering how much of a talker Dirk is it was quite a different experience to see him play such a quiet character. Especially when the bullies brought him to the grain silo (or whatever it was) starting from the fair until the jump into the lake his facial expressions were just spot on and worked so well throughout the whole scene. I don't think he spoke one word and yet his character appeared so vulnerable but also strong and dangerous at the same time.

The movie also shows that despite Dirk having been typecasted, he is able to break out and show his versatility.

~Jim Harrison
Melli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 AM   #32
Anaconda

Yes, I will be trying to get it on DVD, but for $84 I will blow a gasket if I get a copy that was recorded from someone's television while they watched the VHS version of the movie... So I am reading lots of reviews of products before I spend that amount of money...
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #33
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
Yes, I will be trying to get it on DVD, but for $84 I will blow a gasket if I get a copy that was recorded from someone's television while they watched the VHS version of the movie... So I am reading lots of reviews of products before I spend that amount of money...
$84? I paid much less. When I go online this weekend, I will do some looking for you.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #34
Anaconda

Well I sure do appreciate it. I have found copies online that were like $150. But I have found some that are under $20, but I read all the reviews and see that the cheap ones are junk and disappointing. I would gladly pay $150 if I am guaranteed that the quality will be at least as good as the VHS. Better quality would be a bonus. It is the ONLY movie I would be willing to pay that much for...
Old 02-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #35
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: Ruckus ...

I have had a scan on eBay UK there are copies of Ruckus available, region 2, apparently there is one new and sealed?? Anyway it's free postage to UK from Denmark (does not state what it would be otherwise or if you're able to play region 2?). not many left, probably not any good to you....sorry if it's not much help.....

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 02-13-2019 at 11:07 AM..
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #36
Melli

No idea how reliable these places are, but did some research and found a few online shops selling the DVD for fair prices. They seem to specialize in rare DVDs.

https://www.raredvds.biz/Ruckus_DVD_...t_p/ruckus.htm

https://www.j4hi.com/page7/page154/R...ounty_dvd.html

https://raremovies.biz/inc/sdetail/8714

I don't know about your ability to play region 2 DVDs. If you can play them, you can order a copy on amazon.uk.co for an okay price.

~Jim Harrison
Melli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #37
Flygirl
Erin

I really enjoyed this one. I agree, Melli, it was interesting to see Dirk play such a different role! I don't think I have it on DVD and I'm trying to remember where I saw it. Is there a chance it's on YouTube?
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #38
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I really enjoyed this one. I agree, Melli, it was interesting to see Dirk play such a different role! I don't think I have it on DVD and I'm trying to remember where I saw it. Is there a chance it's on YouTube?
Yes, it's on YouTube. The extra commentary, however, is not.