LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > The A-Team > The Fab Four

The Fab Four Discussions on Hannibal, Faceman, Murdock, and BA and the men who played them.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #1
ProfRogers

Default How did the team (cast!) get on in real life?

Is this one you can answer Dirk?
ProfRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
horselightning

Default more info!

Dirky did an online chat a handfull of years ago. He said and on the recent Irish talk show that He and Dwight and Mr. T got along pretty well. All three were never ending talkers and had lots of fun talking between takes. Dirky did say that Mr. T really did giggle that way BA did, That was his real giggle. On the recent Irish talk show he said George was hard to get along with cause he wanted all the atention. Something George admitted often that he was His own worst enemy at times. Though none of the cast hated each other. From what I see they talk fondly of the other cast members and even Melinda talks fondly of her time on the show. Both Dirky and Dwight have appeared together at conventions and had a wonderfull time entertaing the fans. Dirky said in the online chat you would have to get papers to prove to him that Dwight wasn't insaine lol! Mr. T did a series of apperances for Nick@Nite I belive in 2002 saying the remiaing cast still kept in touch by phone. Oh Dirky also said in the online chat that Dwight was one of his best friends! Yet he hasn't had him over to dinner yet and he couldnt figure out why he hasnt asked him yet lol! Probably schedules! BTW the actor who played Decker for al those years is a good friend of Dirkys too. Lance has worked with him in Battle Star previous to the A-team yet a villian there too. Go figure Decker actually a friend of the A-team. LOL!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
KINGFISH

I remember reading that George and Mr T used to fight over who was the star of the show to the point that they were going to bring in Bubba Smith as B.A.'s brother and T was going to quit. I am glad that didn't happen because both george and T made the show worth the time to watch. Dirk and Dwight also made the show and I will not watch the pilot since Dirk isn't in it. Dirk is the only Faceman IMHO.

https://s4.invisionfree.com/Battlesta...ica/index.php?
KINGFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
horselightning

Default a bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGFISH
I remember reading that George and Mr T used to fight over who was the star of the show to the point that they were going to bring in Bubba Smith as B.A.'s brother and T was going to quit. I am glad that didn't happen because both george and T made the show worth the time to watch. Dirk and Dwight also made the show and I will not watch the pilot since Dirk isn't in it. Dirk is the only Faceman IMHO.
No animostys between them. They keep contact by phone all the time. They did when George was alive too. Mr. T and Dwight even saw him the hospital before he died. Dirk cALled by phone he lives the farthest away up in montana. They are very close and even more so to this day. Apparently if you can catch the convetion phootage on www.youtube.com under a-team you can see dwight and dirk hugging. T
.hey vall have a bond.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:33 AM   #5
KINGFISH

That is good to hear that they all got along with one another.

https://s4.invisionfree.com/Battlesta...ica/index.php?
KINGFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
Kellie

Default Re: How did the team (cast!) get on in real life?

None of them saw George before he died. They wanted to, but he wouldn't let them. He didn't want them to see him ill. Dirk said that at a convention.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
None of them saw George before he died. They wanted to, but he wouldn't let them. He didn't want them to see him ill. Dirk said that at a convention.
Yes, you're right. I remember hearing something about that. And on Bring Back the A-Team the guy who was interviewing everybody got similar stories when he asked about George.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
galactica_love
Dirk fan!

I'm really glad to hear that Dirk and Dwight are friends in real life. I always felt like on the show they were so close, I hoped it was like that in real life too.

I'd love to make the convention in Pennsylvania on Oct 14th and 15th, but its too far away at this time. It would be amazing to meet Dirk and Dwight and tell them both thank you for the smiles and wonderful memories they've given me.

Maybe someday I can tell them.

-galactica love x
Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 PM   #9
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactica_love View Post
I'm really glad to hear that Dirk and Dwight are friends in real life. I always felt like on the show they were so close, I hoped it was like that in real life too.

I'd love to make the convention in Pennsylvania on Oct 14th and 15th, but its too far away at this time. It would be amazing to meet Dirk and Dwight and tell them both thank you for the smiles and wonderful memories they've given me.

Maybe someday I can tell them.

-galactica love x
Never give up hope. I'm sure you'll be able to meet either one or both of them someday
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #10
galactica_love
Dirk fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Never give up hope. I'm sure you'll be able to meet either one or both of them someday
Thank you, I hope you are right. It would really make me so happy to meet them.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #11
KeiraH83

you can defo tell that dirk and dwight are really good friends in real life,when dirk does cons with dwight they bounce off each other .I have noticed when dirk does cons with BSG actors there isnt that spark between dirk and them as there is with dirk and dwight,you can see they are close and dirk isnt close to the BSG actors.
KeiraH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #12
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiraH83 View Post
you can defo tell that dirk and dwight are really good friends in real life,when dirk does cons with dwight they bounce off each other .I have noticed when dirk does cons with BSG actors there isnt that spark between dirk and them as there is with dirk and dwight,you can see they are close and dirk isnt close to the BSG actors.
I've been to the Stuttgart Q&A of Dirk and Herb (Lt Boomer) and that was very entertaining and funny. They were both enjoying themselves on stage and kept the fans entertained too.
But I'd love to see Dirk and Dwight live at a con.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #13
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: How did the team (cast!) get on in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
I've been to the Stuttgart Q&A of Dirk and Herb (Lt Boomer) and that was very entertaining and funny. They were both enjoying themselves on stage and kept the fans entertained too.
But I'd love to see Dirk and Dwight live at a con.
Same here LMD
Scotland will have a very entertaining BSG panel by the sounds of it

Dirk and Dwight are so entertaining and very funny together, and the odd Q&A panels I have watched on YouTube, both of them speak with great fondness for eachother together and separately, I think it's lovely

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 10-03-2018 at 03:38 AM..
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
KeiraH83

i have watched a few BSG Q&As and he doesnt seem to take part much,one he hardly spoke at all...so either he couldnt hear the questions (cos know hes a bit deaf now) or he just felt overwhelmed by the rest of the cast,cant remember which one it were..there were 5 cast members,couldnt name them as i havent really watched BSG.
KeiraH83 is offline   Reply With Quote