LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Register FAQ Dirk's Blog All Blogs Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #101
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

He brought two of his associates with him a Mr. Smith and a Mr. Baracus. He always accompanied his associates whenever they came to our agency.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #102
Vballspieler
Dirkette

At 12:05 pm, Face sauntered through the door. He walked over to the table where Angela and I were discussing my questions from the information she had sent me. “Have a seat, Mr. Peck. I was about ready to have a warrant issued for your arrest. I know the military police are also after you. They would have to wait to court martial you until you had served out your time at the federal penitentiary.” Face grinned as he sat down, “I thought we were friends. You wouldn’t arrest your friend, would you?” He winked at Angela. “You would vouch for me, wouldn’t you? After all, you’re my friend, too. You always make me look great.”
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #103
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Angela couldn’t help but grin back at him. “I just tell the truth, Face. Anything else is on you,” she replied. They both looked at me with the grins still on their faces. I sighed. He was so charismatic that I knew that this was not going to be easy. “Lunch is served, Mr. Peck. Why don’t you start while Angela and I finish up? Then you and I can chat while Angela eats.”

“What about you?” asked Face. “Italian’s your favorite. You need to join us.” He got up and came over to assist Angela getting out of her chair and then assisted me. What could I do? I stood up as he pulled my chair back. All three of us walked over to the room service cart with the Italian food and wine on it. “I can’t drink. I’m working,” I commented when Face started pouring the wine. “I’ll just have a water.”

Then we each took a plate and dished up some of the fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread. As we sat down, I watched the interaction between Angela and Face. How friendly were they? Would she lie for him? Forget some facts? She’s been helpful so far, but now she needs to give me the information in front of him.

“Tell me about some of your friends, Mr. Peck? I’m particularly curious about Mr. Smith and Mr. Baracus. Aren’t they your partners-in-crime? I haven’t quite figured out how you con them, but why do they let you control the money? Since you are a known con man, that’s quite risky, isn’t it?”

Face took a sip of his wine. “They are very good friends of mine. I met them in the army and they couldn’t be more honorable. We help lots of people who need it.”

“I thought we already talked about this, Mr. Peck.”

“Face, please. You don’t need to keep referring to me as Mr. Peck. I’m here. I’ll answer your questions. You don’t need to interrogate my business associates just because they help me.” He and I stared at each other. Angela was watching us with a smirk on her face, waiting to see who would blink first.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 09-02-2018 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #104
Vballspieler
Dirkette

And now, we return to our story...

````````````

Angela cleared her throat. Racquel and Face both looked over at her. Racquel raised an eyebrow. Angela said “I think we got sidetracked. We’re here to answer any questions you have.”

Racquel looked back at Face. “I agree. We need to resolve any issues of impropriety about your activities and then go our separate ways.”

“I’ve never had someone so anxious to get rid of me,” Face responded. “Do you not like me?”

“You’re charming and good looking, but you don’t get to disregard the law just because you think your God’s gift to women.”

"I don’t. I just like women.”

“Let’s take a quick break. You can go outside and smoke if you like. But make no mistake that we are not done here.” Racquel got up from the table and walked out the door.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #105
Vballspieler
Dirkette

“What did I do?” Face asked Angela.

“I think she likes you, but you are not always the upstanding All-American citizen. She doesn’t want to be put in a bad situation. Look, you and I have worked together for many years, so I know you and your unit were wrongly accused and convicted. But she works for the government. You are still considered a criminal in her eyes. She’s allowing you to step outside…. without being in hand-cuffs. I think if you are honest with her, she will come up with a fair solution. The A-team helps people in need. You guys are not hostile Mercenaries.

Do you want to step outside? We can continue to talk out there. I know how much you love your cigars,” Angela said as she, too, got up from the table. “Come on Face. Where’s the smile that you’re famous for?”

Face smiled at Angela, got up and walked with her outside. “You’re right. I’m being too sensitive. I can charm my way out of anything. I can spin this, so that it ends favorably for me.” Angela handed a Face a cigar as they walked outside. “There’s a bench over here,” Angela said as she pointed off to the left. “It’s a pretty nice out here. I hope we aren’t inside all day answering questions.”

A short time later, Face and Angela walked back into the conference room. Racquel was still not back. “Should we be worried?” Face asked Angela. “She’s very passionate about her job. I expected her to be ready and waiting for us.”

“Yes, she is” answer Angela. “I think she will be back momentarily. You know, we still have some wine in the bottle. Would you like a glass?”

“Yes, that would be very nice,” Face responded to Angela.

Angela poured two glasses of wine. “Prost” she said as they clinked glasses and took a sip. “We could discuss what you would like to add to your wardrobe while we are waiting. I have some ideas…”
Old 02-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #106
LittleMonkeyDog

“Do you? Great! Can’t wait to hear about them,” Face said.
“So what would you like to add to your wardrobe? Something casual or a little more formal?”
“Well … Hannibal is screening a new client, so I could do with a new suit and some matching shirts for my next scam, but I’d also like to add a few items to my casual wardrobe. And what about my tux? Do you think I need a new one?”
“Well I have seen a new one that I know would look perfect on you. It’s very stylish.”
“Stylish huh? I like the sound of that.”
“Yes, I knew you would. Well this one consists of a white vest and a pair of black pants topped with a custom made white shirt, a pale blue bow tie and matching belt. I could totally picture you in it. With a tan like yours, you’ll look super handsome in this one.”
Face just had to smile at the compliment he got.
“And what do you think about a pair of new chinos? Or do you prefer a pair of jeans?”
“I don’t know really.”
“Well a pair of chinos can be worn a bit more casual chic especially if you wear them with a nice sweater and a shirt underneath it.”
“Yeah. I like that idea a lot. Sounds good. What about the color?”
“Well, I was thinking something a bit different. What about a black pair of chinos, a black slim fit shirt and a red sweater to brighten it all up a bit.”
“I like that,” he said flashing his million dollar smile.
“If you’d like to add a pair of new jeans to your collection, I can totally recommend the latest skinny fit by Armani. I’m sure you’d like them. They’re a perfect match for someone with a slender frame such as you.”
“Nice. And what should I wear with that one?”
“How about we top it off with a nice checkered shirt for a real casual look?”
“You’re the expert. You’ve never failed me. I trust you completely.”
“I can also totally picture you in this new navy and white striped Gucci sweater. I just got it yesterday and had to think of you straight away.”
“You had to think of me just because of the clothes?”
“No, silly. You know I like you!”
“You just like me?” he teased and had to smile as he made Angela blush a scarlet red. “I’ll make it up to you. I promise,” he said still smiling.
“You better! So to get back to business. You also needed a new suit?”
“Do we really?”
“Yes we do! Racquel could be walking through that door any minute now.”
“Right. Yes, I am in need of a new suit and some shirts for my latest scam. The previous one didn’t really survive the last mission we were on.”
“Delicate fabrics and designer outfits are not really compatible with fist fights.”
“You think?”
“Can you be serious for like five minutes?”
“I’ll try.”
“Charming. Where was I? Oh right. Suit.”
“What do you have in mind?”
“We could go with either a traditional looking grey suit and a light blue shirt with a matching tie or a light blue vest paired with sand colored pants and an off white shirt.”
“Ah … but you prefer the last option.”
“You know me too well! So, do you also know where I’d like you to take me for dinner?”
“Let me see if I can charm my way out of this mess first, shall we.”
“I don’t doubt that for a minute.”
Old 08-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #107
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Angela and Face were smiling at each other when Racquel walked back in the room.

“Why do I feel like you two were hatching a plan together?” She looked at Face. “Not only do I need to keep an eye on you” she said as she looked to Angela “but also you. It didn’t take him long to corrupt you, did it?”

“So, let’s get back to why you were brought here. The business income claimed on your tax returns doesn’t make sense with the amount of expenses you seem to have incurred. Descriptions of you and your mates always have you in different clothes. Not cheap clothes either. Expensive and well-made. Including accessories like gold cuff links and watches that are hard to get for someone on the lamb. I have a feeling that Angela has been a big part of that, and I have to commend her on the quality of items she has gotten for you, but that still doesn’t solve my problem, now does it?

Unfortunately, I have other pressing matters and can’t spend a lot of time reviewing this with you at this time. Therefore, Lieutenant Peck, I will take all of the receipts you have provided. I will also expect you to stay in touch with Angela and Angela, I will expect you to be a liaison between the IRS and Lieutenant Peck.”

Racquel looked at Face, “I will need to take your briefcase with me. I hope you will be able to procure another one. Try to stay out of trouble now.”

Face looked at Angela and commented, “See. That didn’t take long at all. Where would you like to go celebrate?” Racquel rolled her eyes as Face charmed Angela. He would never change. It’s a good thing he has friends to watch his back. The last thing Racquel heard as Face and Angela walked out of the conference room with Face's arm around her shoulder, was Face telling Angela how he loved it when a plan came together.

`````````````````````````````
Thanks for the patience as it's been a while since I've had time to write.
This is for all the loved ones in our lives. Those who are still with us and those who have departed.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #108
LittleMonkeyDog

They will all have a very special place in our soul forever.
Loved working with you on this one, VBS.