View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #7
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: What I "Celebrate" on Halloween

I think those of us who are highly sensitive both to our physical surroundings and to emotions experience life in a completely different way than a lot of people. They can't understand why some things are harder for us to process or why we're more prone to burnout, because they've never experienced the sheer volume of sensory input themselves. It's ironic that those with the most "stability" tend to have the least empathy, but it makes sense I guess. Wisdom is when you realize someone else's standard for success or strength or responsibility does not have to be your standard. Although it makes life more complicated and sometimes others see me as weaker than they are, I would never want to lose the ability to experience the world with depth and passion. Even if it means some insomnia.

Okay, I'll get to work on that thread sometime soon. This is going to be fun.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote