View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 04:29 AM   #2
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: What I "Celebrate" on Halloween

Happy (special) Halloween to you too!

I have been a huge BSG and A-team fan ever since I was a young girl and I'll always be a huge fan. I discovered both books only several years ago and have read them over and over again.

I guess you can best describe me as the (highly) sensitive type. I have lots (maybe too much) empathy for other people and want to be able to help them the best I can all the time or be there for them. But people don't always let you. Also, I have a big lack of self confidence and I'm a shy person by nature. I know how you feel! I've always wanted to live up to expectations and be the person I can't be for all the wrong reasons. You can't change your personality, can you? And it is okay to be just who you are. It doesn't matter what others think. I've learned that the hard way.

Like you I've suffered from burnout (twice already) due to work related problems. You could say that I've put my trust in the wrong people and they just stabbed me in the back when I had no clue what was going on ... Luckily, I'm not the person to just give up. I wanted to get better again, stronger even. Usually I'm pretty positive about stuff. I had to learn to deal with the 'negative situation' and get over it in a way.

I read the CKC book again at that time. And he's right. The spiritual journey is one we have to take all by ourselve. And I did learn from my mistakes and learned to let go of all the negativity and the anger ... So now I think I'm on the right track and I know I've changed. I'm not trying to be the person I thought I had to be anymore, I'm plain and simple 'me'. And it's kinda fun just being 'me'. I can recommend this journey to everyone and as you said it will be different for each and every individual, but it's so worth to do it to live a positive and happy life in the end

I hope you can (or were able) to fit in that celebratory A-team episode, because you deserve it
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote