View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #103
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

Angela couldn’t help but grin back at him. “I just tell the truth, Face. Anything else is on you,” she replied. They both looked at me with the grins still on their faces. I sighed. He was so charismatic that I knew that this was not going to be easy. “Lunch is served, Mr. Peck. Why don’t you start while Angela and I finish up? Then you and I can chat while Angela eats.”

“What about you?” asked Face. “Italian’s your favorite. You need to join us.” He got up and came over to assist Angela getting out of her chair and then assisted me. What could I do? I stood up as he pulled my chair back. All three of us walked over to the room service cart with the Italian food and wine on it. “I can’t drink. I’m working,” I commented when Face started pouring the wine. “I’ll just have a water.”

Then we each took a plate and dished up some of the fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread. As we sat down, I watched the interaction between Angela and Face. How friendly were they? Would she lie for him? Forget some facts? She’s been helpful so far, but now she needs to give me the information in front of him.

“Tell me about some of your friends, Mr. Peck? I’m particularly curious about Mr. Smith and Mr. Baracus. Aren’t they your partners-in-crime? I haven’t quite figured out how you con them, but why do they let you control the money? Since you are a known con man, that’s quite risky, isn’t it?”

Face took a sip of his wine. “They are very good friends of mine. I met them in the army and they couldn’t be more honorable. We help lots of people who need it.”

“I thought we already talked about this, Mr. Peck.”

“Face, please. You don’t need to keep referring to me as Mr. Peck. I’m here. I’ll answer your questions. You don’t need to interrogate my business associates just because they help me.” He and I stared at each other. Angela was watching us with a smirk on her face, waiting to see who would blink first.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 09-02-2018 at 08:12 PM..
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote