View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: Face, Unrealistic Expectations, and Life (...that should just about cover it)

LD14 you have nothing to worry about I really enjoyed reading your post, and totally understand how it naturally went and concluded on the subject of perfection.
Yes many of us have been there and had our crushes. Had I been around at the time, "Face" and "Starbuck would have been on my list of crushes My word! how greedy does that make me sound?...a list I didn't have many really.
The only thing I have never understood is the hysteria that can surround "celebrities" where literally some fans want a piece of that person it's scary.

I agree, life is messy and isn't an empty moulded plastic shell that depicts what are considered (who decides?...) desirable aesthetics and a pretend lifestyle, it may be fun to do but life is not a filtered photo on a social networking site, you can't get perfection because it doesn't exist.

The "faceman" and "Starbuck" characters I also agree, I don't think they have ever been perfect, there is a vulnerability there when you watch them.
Both characters I think want something more or wished things were different but neither commit for fear of disappointment even though that does happen and was unavoidable at times, but when it can be avoided, they would rather live for the moment and make the best of the situation they are in, as do the people around them. Its also quite funny to watch when "Face" doesn't always manage to pull the wool over the eyes I don't know if anyone else thinks the same or I'm looking at it wrong I don't know? Besides the cigar smoking, you can see he brings his sense of humour through either way. It's so nice to know that he enjoyed playing both characters so much.
I certainly am not going to deny that he was/is a very handsome man, and come on now, I can't believe that his amazing head of hair hasn't had it's own mention He is also a gentleman and has said that is what he has brought his sons up to be as well.

BTW, I'm exactly the same, I always worry about what I say to people for fear of offending or getting things wrong, or I'm not saying what I mean properly (I'm doing it now actually as I type lol....oh well I have commited now I shall carry on!) my previous posts/replies are no exception. I also enjoy so much being part of this site and I feel posting has helped my confidence, I actually want to thank you all who have read and replied to me, it means so much and I apologise if I end up explaining myself even though I know you totally understand what I am saying, it's just the way I am, the way my mind works. It's taken years to build myself up again and I am also trying to accept who I am, and I am getting better at speaking my mind more and hope I do it respectfully whenever I share my thoughts.
That's one of the reasons I'm a fan of Mr Benedicts and gets my respect because I love his honesty, he speaks his mind, and he encourages people to be themselves.

Dont feel bad LD14 I think we can all be judgemental to an extent, we can only judge eachother by our actions, it's just when the wrong assumptions are made of a person and the life they live without even getting to know something about them initially, only then I feel minds can be made up, and decisions can be made on whether to continue being around that person/group of people.

At the end of the day, we're not perfect, we're unique and that's good enough, we shouldn't be ashamed of who we are, or what others think despite what is considered (again, who decides?...) ideal expectations from others who are afraid to be themselves

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 11-02-2018 at 09:58 AM..
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote