Register FAQ Dirk's Blog All Blogs Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Blogs

Old

Perspective on Avatar

Posted 02-17-2010 at 07:01 PM by shastastar
I was late coming to this party for many reasons that are not important and did not get to experience Avatar until toward the end of January. Nevertheless, going in I thought I knew what to expect: over the top because computers now make it possible visuals combined with a plot similar to Fern Gully. By the time I saw Avatar I had read many things about it: the obvious and not so subtle references to unobtanium, numerous reviews, a perspective from native indigenous populations that this film reflected...
Wondergirl...Game face on
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Macrobiotics and Other Things "Re-Imagined"

Posted 05-04-2009 at 08:27 PM by shastastar
Updated 05-04-2009 at 08:30 PM by shastastar
This is a really great link about all the new macrobiotic restaraunts that are sprouting up all over Los Angeles.

http://www.latimes.com/features/food...,7966804.story

It seems "macro" is becoming hip again, but they are calling it "progressive macrobiotics" I wonder if that's macrobiotics "re-imagined" like something else that Dirk was involved in that was "re-imagined" and probably not...
Old

My Apparent Fall From Macrobiotic Grace

Posted 04-05-2009 at 08:40 PM by shastastar
Updated 04-05-2009 at 08:44 PM by shastastar
Okay so in my quest to become super fit… I got a little impatient. Or should I say a lot impatient. I needed more energy and perhaps even more protein than what I was getting to get the miles and the training in that I need to be ready for trithalons and eventually in a few years when I believe my system is ready an ironman.

So the protein part is easily fixable, just adding a little more beans and seeds and watching my percentages carefully. At the same time in the process of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Starbuck's Perfect Oatmeal

Posted 03-04-2009 at 09:44 PM by shastastar
Updated 03-17-2009 at 10:56 AM by shastastar
I find it extremely ironic that Starbucks is the only international chain with a drive thru where you can order plain unsweetened oatmeal ( in about a 140 calorie portion) for $2.45 a cup in the states and get sliced nuts and dried fruit on the side ( they will also give you a small bag of poison, I mean brown sugar, but skip that, you don't need it and it's very non macro).

Now I previously blogged on the evils of the drive thru... but this is almost an acceptable macro alternative...
Old

A Positive Swimsuit Shopping Experience….

Posted 02-22-2009 at 01:18 PM by shastastar
Updated 02-22-2009 at 05:33 PM by shastastar
Okay really…...Swimsuit shopping is demoralizing as hell even from my honest brown rice induced macrobiotic perspective..

So I went to get a new swimsuit this weekend, and I thought (stupidly) hey I can wear a size 2 jeans now….. this should be fun…. I mean…. The crunches are paying off… I’ve almost got the four pack back ( I never had a six pack, even when I was a gymnast, so the four pack is good) I weigh less than I did in high school, so this should really be a treat right????...
Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top