LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Blogs

Old

Seasons of Love

Posted 09-04-2017 at 08:23 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14

It's been about a year since I joined DBC. I can't believe everything that has happened, all the ways I've changed and grown, and all the experiences I've had and people I've grown close to. I could go on, but I've said it all before in a hundred ways. Let me just say that I am blessed in the life I'm living and the friends I love. It's been a good year.

Regarding my MB journey, the goal for this week is to keep up my vegetable intake. I've already noticed a difference in energy....
Philosopher ain't no job
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You may call me H.M. - Half Macro or Howling Mad :p

Posted 09-01-2017 at 10:45 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14

It's Friday! Just had to share this ridiculous GIF:

So, what have I done this week?
First, let us review the week's goals:

1) Make eating proportions about 40% whole grains, 40-50% vegetables.
2) Incorporate round vegetables, root vegetables, leafy greens, and beans.
3) Supplement with fermented foods.

I've been trying to keep breakfast...
Philosopher ain't no job
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turnips in the Oven

Posted 08-29-2017 at 12:02 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14

Well, here I am partway through Day 2 and realizing just how few vegetables are regularly a part of my diet, much less in the house. Picked up some turnips and some ginger yesterday, and when Googling how to cook turnip, found a recipe that calls for both. Roasted turnip is currently in the oven. From what I understand, the round root roasted to tenderness will nourish the abdominal organs like the stomach and the intestines, which is where I could use the most help at the moment. I'll have to check...
Philosopher ain't no job
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You Must Begin at the Beginning

Posted 08-27-2017 at 07:23 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14

Well, yesterday's rant was effective. Let the record show that these are my complaints - and now I'm ready to move on.

My plan this week is to begin a semi-macro meal routine that I can adjust and maintain throughout the school year. I say semi because I will still try to participate within reason in family dinners, as I have been trying to do for a while, and there will almost certainly be one-meal hiatuses from time to time. But for the most part, I can control what I consume at...
Philosopher ain't no job
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Excuse for Being Delinquent

Posted 08-26-2017 at 10:47 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14

I'm writing this post because I'm an imperfect person who is not accomplishing what I want to accomplish. And the greatest obstacle to getting things done, it seems, is that I have to do them all alone.

Two days ago, two of my college friends arrived in town. One I took out for tea and a bookstore visit in the afternoon. The other I caught up with while she unpacked and set up her dorm room. It was a highly satisfying day, because I got to reconnect with people I really care about...
Philosopher ain't no job
Posted in Uncategorized
Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top