LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Blogs > Ludlum'sDaughter14

Rate this Entry

Seasons of Love

Posted 09-04-2017 at 08:23 PM by Ludlum'sDaughter14
It's been about a year since I joined DBC. I can't believe everything that has happened, all the ways I've changed and grown, and all the experiences I've had and people I've grown close to. I could go on, but I've said it all before in a hundred ways. Let me just say that I am blessed in the life I'm living and the friends I love. It's been a good year.

Regarding my MB journey, the goal for this week is to keep up my vegetable intake. I've already noticed a difference in energy. I haven't been sleeping as much as I'd like, so normally today I would have been exhausted and barely gotten through the day. As it was, I was tired and a little foggy, but my energy remained fairly steady throughout the day. I went jogging a little tonight and had some energy despite everything, which is also a good sign.

Yesterday I adapted a recipe for adzuki bean and vegetable stew from one of my macro books, and had some for lunch today. It should give me enough vegetables for the next couple days. And I made rice in our rice cooker to help with the grains. Now everything would be hunky dory if I could actually sleep...

Speaking of, as I was trying to fall asleep last night, I discovered the solution to my plot woes, so I plan to work on Ch 13 as my schedule and sanity allow. Rereading everything from the beginning really did help orient me in what direction I was heading. It also alerted me to some stilted sentence structures in the first couple chapters. Word to the wise: if you're going to write like a Victorian, at least write like an interesting Victorian.

Now, in light of a year at DBC, I'm going to copy the lyrics to the song mentioned in the title (thanks, Google Play). I've never seen Rent, and possibly never will, since I know enough of the plot to disagree with the ideology, but this song is a poignant one which I enjoy listening to and reflecting on.

Seasons of Love

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles
In laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life

How about love?